NinjaManager Forums
Old 08-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #1
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Exclamation Forbidden Ninjas

Noticed that there weren't any real guide about forbidden ninjas, and not many seem smart enough to use the tutorial or search function... Now they can just read here or refer them here and lock the threads...

What is a forbidden ninja?

Forbidden ninjas - or FN's - are special ninjas that you can recruit once every difficulty. They have very high stat growths as well as low chakra. They even come with 40 free stat points when you recruit them, or play on beginner/forbidden mode. The free stat points only applies to those three situations though, so old ninjas on easy/medium/hard/extreme/impossible don't get any free stat points. They are still worth using for their high growth and low chakra.

There are 3 types of FN's:

Genin "FNG"
can be recruited on all difficulties.
Jounin "FNJ" can be recruited on hard, extreme, impossible and forbidden mode.
Kage "FNK" can only be recruited on impossible and forbidden mode.

Although FNG's can be recruited everywhere it's of course not recommended.

What is the "FN slot"?

"FN slot" refers to how many FN's you are able to place in your team. This has nothing to do with how many FN's you have in your storage. You can rerun any difficulty as many times you want and gather all the FN's, although you wont be able to use all of them at once.

A new FN slot is opened for every new difficulty you beat. The slot is actually opened as soon as you beat the difficulty so you can do beginner twice and use both FN's, although this isn't recommended as you could just do easy and unlock yet another FN slot. Yes, it might make easy a bit faster to start with 2 FN's, but they both lose their 40 free stats plus you wasted lots of time rerunning beginner.

Beating beginner = 2 slots
Beating easy = 3 slots
Beating medium = 4 slots
Beating hard = 5 slots
Beating extreme = 6 slots
Beating impossible = 7 slots?
Beating forbidden = 8 slots?

Although they probably award a new FN slot, the 7th and 8th FN slot can't be used in any way. Forbidden summons wont happen. You can stop suggesting that.

Also, the FN slots don't care what type of FN you stuff in it. You can use 6 FNG's (after beating extreme and gathering the FNG's) if you want, the game doesn't care.

How to get a FN:

To be able to recruit one you must first reach the sixth crystal (all multi-choice countries complete). Then you need to find the FN on the world map and defeat it. After you've done so you need to go to Bijuu Island -> Forbidden Ninjas and select it.

As usual, read the warning text carefully. You may only select ONE FN per difficulty. After you've selected one you must reset to select another one. Selling it doesn't change anything.

The FN you selected isn't quite locked to your team just yet though. To permanently save it to your team you must defeat the final boss (refer to the world map guide how and where to do that).

(Note that all FN's have the genin template despite their real rank)

The good thing about saving the FN is that you can do anything you want to it and it will always come back to you, even if you sell it. Thus you can use the FN as part of saving for auto accept or chakra plus upgrades and not lose it. You can even sell it as soon as you get it, the game remembers your choice and will save it once you beat the final boss and then return it to you once you reset. It's not recommended to do this though simply because the FN's are the best ninjas you can get, even if they do start out weak.

Which FN to get?

Basically, all FN's have the same strength. They have the same amount of base stats and same amount of growth. The only differences are where the stats are placed, on ninjutsu or taijutsu as well as their seal and abilities. So those are the things you need to look at. So decide if you want a high or low seal ninja, tai or nin majority. And then finally look at the ninjas abilities. The abilities are the same for all of the versions of the ninja (may be some differences for FNK's) so it's nothing special there. But some abilities might be more suited for the arena and some for the world map etc.

But fundamentally they are all the same, so you can't really say "this FN is the best". There are so many different situations such as the rest of your team, summon used as well as what legendary weapons you have available. Some FN's who have what normally could be considered near useless abilities but could become awesome if you just team it up with the right LW. And the further you go, the more abilities will be replaced by LW's anyways. So in the end it all comes down to their basic stat growth. Even the seal can go either way if you just level them up enough.

You can only chose which FN is the best for you. Most important of all in my opinion is that you select a ninja that you yourself like instead or staring yourself blind on numbers.

General info about FN's:

When you reset, all your FN's are reset to level 3,5.

To sell an FN you must have at least 5 crystals.

FN's gets a random element when you recruit them or reset. This is not necessarily a bad thing as you can change your ninjas elements for only 1 ryo right in the beginning.

The missions for FNJ's unlocks after beating medium mode, although you can't recruit them unless you're on hard or above. Same is true for FNK's and beating extreme mode, and you need to be on impossible or higher.

Important:
If you go through a difficulty without selecting a FN you'll get Naruto FNG by default, even if you already have him. If you end up with double Naruto FNG's the game will still only act as if you have one. You can't use or even sell the second one, it's simply not there. But even though the game normally saves the FN when beating kyuubi (the default Naruto FNG shows up on the reset page at that time as if it is saved) you can still select your real choice. But as soon as you reset you're stuck with it, even if it's a useless 2nd Naruto FNG.

That's it for now, no point in trying to get every little detail right away.

Rawr. Me smash you die.

Last edited by Aenonar; 11-12-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
Monkeyboyer
Deviously Clever

40 Stat Points information should be bolded. Maybe include a section FN vs Normal Ninja's for comparison of what's better. Common mistake, FN starts off weak without 40 Stat Boost on Easy so it's not used even though Stat growth kicks in a few levels later :3
Monkeyboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 10:37 AM   #3
LeaderSasuke
Banned

Location: In Mysterious World ... ... If you're coming to me I kill you.

Good Guide. Helped me. ;) I know just when i beat Easy i can past to beginner.
LeaderSasuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
XeroMaano
Vampire

Good, now only sticky this so that not as many people will spam the forum with threads about FN Questions you just answered here.

Well, I think there will still be some, but w/e.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:20 PM   #5
Sarei
Heals

I'm surprised it took so long for someone to notice lack of such a useful thread.

Good job on it, I think You got it all here.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:12 AM   #6
katashi2009
Still alive

Good guide.

This is one Katashi you don't wanna fuck with.
katashi2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 12:27 PM   #7
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

nice guide xD
I actually didnt know you had to wait till 5 crystals to sell ur FN's xD

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:01 AM   #8
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Found a typo, dunno if you care but, Last paragraph in the "How to get a FN:" section, end of the second line. it should be "Auto accept or chakra plus upgrades" not "Auto accept of chakra plus upgrades"

"Even if we forget the faces of our friends we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls"
Isaac0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:10 PM   #9
sandrez
big dumb balding ape

sorry, but I can't find an answer to it.

with Main...I beat Medium, I reset to Beginner and now, @Beginner, I can challenge FNJ.

I didn't try to beat one (too weak) or to pick a FNJ for the team.
but it seems strange I can "see" FNJ.

I linked 5th Event to my Main.
can be the answer?!

and lazy
sandrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #10
Anbu77
MM's CyberStalker

Medium mode unlocks the 4th FN slot,which is the FNJ slot,so if u beat medium and reset to beg u can see the FNJ,u cant though recruit one on beg.Its not a bug.

Stalking noobs since 1992!
Anbu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #11
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Hmm, thought I had written that down here, guess it was somewhere else... Probably the WM guide... Added to general info

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
jp271997
Dark Anbu

I still have a question.

If we beat the game 11 times we will have 11 FN's or we can just have 9 on all the times we beat the game ?

Sorry for my bad English and pls answer.
jp271997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #13
Anbu77
MM's CyberStalker

Beating a mode=Winning a FN!
So beating 11times a mode-Winning 11 FN's.
Beating 83times a mode-Winning 83 FN's.

Old 03-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #14
jp271997
Dark Anbu

just one more thing the 7th and 8th slots its our turn to purpose another type of FN's ?
(No forbiden Summons i know)
jp271997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
Anbu77
MM's CyberStalker

There is no 7th and 8th slot actually.You can use 6ninjas(6modes),so 6slots.The 7slot is the filler slot(Forbidden mode-Filler mode),gives 7slot-7lw's,though u can only use 6ninjas.

Old 10-30-2012, 10:17 AM   #16
FetTerBender

So, just to get this straight: To get an FNK i have to unlock him on Impossible, and if i want more FNK i have to re-run Impossible or try Forbidden, since i wont be able to unlock a FNK in a lower diffuculty. Right? :)
FetTerBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:19 AM   #17
Anbu77
MM's CyberStalker

Semi right.
you unclock the FNK's,when you beat extreme,similar to when you beat medium you unlock the FNJ's missions.
But you can only recruit one in Impossible or FM. :)

Old 10-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #18
FetTerBender

Ah, thanks :)

So i will finish my Extreme run and afterwards i will try to get my hands on those sweet FNK´s :D
FetTerBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 01:57 PM   #19
nuno444
the freebie giver

beating medium unlocks FNJ slot??
nuno444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #20
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Beating medium unlocks the 4th FN slots, just like.. the first post... says...

Rawr. Me smash you die.