NinjaManager Forums

Old 08-19-2011, 06:45 PM   #61
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCookie View Post
Started to play FF9, on disc 3 atm, it's boring as HELL, when you get the airship it's meant to be awesome and have tons of things to do/unlock... You can't there is a few hidden bosses here and there but it fails hardcore... You get nothing from beating them.. Maybe a few Robe of Lords which is pretty good stat-wise but the skills you learn sux!.. This is a huge disappointment after everything i heard about it. The Story line is one of the best, but doesn't make up the fact the free roaming on the map sucks!

I'n FF8 there were only 3 hidden bosses, Bahamut, Ultima and Omega weapon, which in beating Ultima (and remembering to draw Eden) you get the Final GF, good set of skills on him and the most powerful GF. Omega weapon.. Nothing special to get off of him apart from a sense of achievement, since he is a bitch to kill... but there was alot of things to do on the world map, Island close to Heaven/Hell which has level 100 monsters which are relentless but give a huge EXP reward, Also Bahamut, a secret GF Boss fight, Cactuar Island which gives good AP to help your gf's learn it's abilities.

Over all FF8 is a much better game, which i clocked about 100 hours on before going to the final boss, FF9 i've clocked 30 hours on and i'm already headed to the final boss and just mega disappointed.

FF8 vs FF9... FF8 wins hands down X_X... Rant ovah! xD
Since when does FF9 have one of the best storys?
I found the stroy pretty suckish tbh
one of the best storys has to be FF13 and THE best story is defo FF7

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #62
Setirb
Rating: Awesome

FF7 best story? Puuuueeesssee.... Some of the most charismatic characters sure. But with all the compilations and remakes and side games and stuff the story really lost it's appeal. It wasn't really that original to begin with. Only one real surprise on the whole story that doesn't even change the course of the game that much...

Now FF4. And 6. You never know what will happens next. The bad guys actually manage to win and attain their objective, conquer the world for a change. Several plot twists, forged and betrayed alliances, a story that doesn't seem forced just to make you move forward to the part that really matters.

Golbez set in stone the tradition that Xandre in FF3 started, of the sub boss that works for a greater evil. Kefka became THE role model for all the following FF big baddies.

FF4 was the first FF to spawn a sequel of its own that managed to include no only new characters with a rich and actually coherent backstory, they also managed to anwser some of the first game's questions without screwing it or make plot dissonance.

FF6 didn't even had a "main character". All of the party members had their own backgrounds and personal motifs that united them into doing the "greater good". Aside from Gogo. And even about him, many rumors and theories about him going around...

So yeah, I'm a die-hard fan =P Thanks for reading my ramblings ^^

Setirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:58 PM   #63
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Ff8 ftw :)

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
Old 08-19-2011, 08:16 PM   #64
Cavalo
Sower of evil

FF II FTW!

It's like 2D morrowind^^

Poland First To Fight
Event: http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/191427
Cavalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 12:42 AM   #65
KingCookie
King Of The Cookies!

I've never played 12, but 13 i've played and 100 percented it, it's a great game.

And I don't know Drag0n, I just like the whole story I think it's pretty awesome 8 and 13 blow it out the park, never played 7, i've got it but never played it. Might have to start it later... dunno if i can be botherd though, watched my brother play it and he was basicly doing the side quest's and mini-games... Didn't look to appeling lol.

Thanks for the great sig Draggy :D

Last edited by KingCookie; 08-20-2011 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Didn't see a few post's :3
KingCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:46 AM   #66
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Ive never played FF7 to the end, i found it pretty boring, but i loved the story and the chars in it :)
For gamplay suppose the best has to be 8 IMO
Once u master the junction system, its a great game

Old 08-21-2011, 11:26 AM   #67
KingCookie
King Of The Cookies!

When starting FF8, junctioning is a bitch xD, it's great gameplay, but I thought 13 beat it :3

Old 08-22-2011, 05:46 PM   #68
Setirb

13th's gameplay isn't that great actually...
Majority of time you just go auto-pilot changing paradims only to heal or to buff/debuff. The "leveling system" was too straightforward without many choices. Not to mention the progression it's freaking linear unless you're in Grand Pulse. Oh and the tedious hardcore grinding to get the ultimate weapons.

Now that I think of it, reminds me a LOT of 10th's gameplay, progression and lvling. Still FFX had more choices and decisions to make regarding the battles and how to lvl up your characters than FF XIII had.

Only thing that saves it is that, in the end, all characters aside Overdrives were the same. In FXIII if you max all the Crystariuns some abilities spread across the roles can only be accessed by certain characters. Lightning is a lousy Sentinel for it's lack of guards, Vanille/Hope suck as Commandos for lack of Launch, etc. It gives the paradigm system a much needed dept and you have to take all this stuff into account if you ever hope to 5-star missions 60 up :p

Old 08-22-2011, 06:14 PM   #69
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Agreed Set, FF13's Graphics and Story were epic <3
Gameplay was a huuuge disapointment

Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 AM   #70
KingCookie
King Of The Cookies!

To be honest, I didn't find the gameplay a disappointment, you had many choices in who to take in your team, what role suits them best, and mixing it up.. Also, you can't really go and say that only a few people were good at commando's when in other FF's you were a set class, FF13 you had the choice of making them a medic/commando/sentinal Etc. not being set to a specific role (White mage, black mage Etc.)

Atleast you get to use all roles with all charicters. Simply put Snow is the best Sent, Lightning is the best all rounded char, Fang is Commando, Hope is Rav, Sahz is Syn, Vanille is Sab + medic, But when i was grinding Hope was a Commando (When stagger bar was at 999%)

Also 5 staring mission 60+ is way too easy when you get the golden watch, and the grinding aspect of it to get the last weapns easily took me over 40 hours of gameplay. /facepalm

Old 08-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #71
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

I see what you mean :) I Love customisation in games, and can spend several hours making Characters exactly how i want them :)
But Gameplay itself on FF13 was just ... Press A/X .. and Again..and again oh shit change paradim...ok now back to Pressing A/X ...
Tehre was no excitment in ti :)
I want it to go back to original FF TBA, waiting for your bar to fill up before you could attack and then once your bar fills quickly pick a proper command out.. there was no AUTO option, you had to choose and if you made the wrong mistake yo very rarely had enough time to change it..
Also TBH i HATED what they did to the Aenos/Espers/Summons/GF's, That was absolutly stupid... they made it look nice, but the idea itself was stupid.. part from the odd laugh i got when i noticed that Snow was literally riding two women/GFS/ETC
They are supposed to be Powerful monsters/Aenos/ETCETC... But no they made them into some sort of freakish Trasnport Systems.. i mean come on.. Shiva is supposed to be a Hot ice woman of sorts, now shes doesnt exist and her little subordiates are to busy transforming into a bike and getting rode by a big blonde dude O.o...
Excuse me whilst i look at the Case.. Yes i did buy FF13 not Transformers

Last edited by drag0nf0rce; 08-23-2011 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #72
Scarlet
Lullaby

I still like FF 12 the most.
Old 08-23-2011, 05:44 PM   #73
Setirb

I also didn't liked the summon system in FF13. Too weak and time consuming. 5 staring missions using them isn't the best idea, sure they can work out as a Full Life + Esuna, but if you're using them for that, you're probably going to lose anyway. Nice to fight the Adamantoises and the like, useless the rest of the time. Unless you're crashing in a futuristic race.

Also King Cookie, what gives more freedom/choise. A FF, FFIII, FFV, FFVIII, FFXII international gameplay system that allows you total customization of your characters and battle style or just having everyone doing the same thing, some better than others, and proceed from that point? =p

Actually one HUGE bonus factor that deserves praise regarding FF XIII. NO. NEED. TO. FREAKING. SAVE. HP/MP. JUST. IN. CASE. That's just the thing the series needed. It allows you to use all your characters to their fullest without worrying about "what might come". Made the non boss battles much less boring (to an extent of course), and allowed the difficulty level to "keep up" with your party's battle capacity. FF VIII's "enemy leveling" was a step in the right direction, but this seemed to me like the most natural and appealing way to do the combat system.

Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 PM   #74
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Got to agree with you there SET,the whole Go full out in every battle without worry later thing was nice :)

Quick Question to get you off this 'FF13 win or Fail' Topic:

Whats your Favorite Spell?

Mine... got to be Flare

Old 08-23-2011, 11:16 PM   #75
themaster23
The Master

Mines got to be knights of the round it can easily destroy sephiroth in Final Fantasy 7.

Avatar and Signature made by Dragonforce (ecchi lord)
His Shop
themaster23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:51 AM   #76
KingCookie
King Of The Cookies!

Meteor 8-)

Back to the whole FF13 thing =P.. I see your point there Set, but I just thought 13 had way more custimisation then previous titles, and the enemy leveling being good? HEEEELLL NAW! When you get onto gran pulse you have to stick with killing flans, little slug things and the occasional behemoth until you can take on the bigger things.

Also Drag0n, I COMPLETELY AGREE with the summons! completely fucked it up, Alexander... Was the best looking Summon/GF/Aeon in most games, they made him look like a tard! Bahamut turns into a jet? ... Fail, And Shiva just needs a slap, the only redeemable summon was Odin, since he turned into a horse (Which is still a fail) but his horse was a big part of his Gf/Summon/Aeon...

Anyway, back to whats your favorite Spell/Magic ^_^

Old 08-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #77
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Lol big news just seen a video for FF13/2
Spoiler
Spoiler:
Ok ill describe what i saw
1) Lightnings gone missing new main charecter is a guy called Noel, doesnt look that bad tbh
2) Serah is now playable and the stroyline is supposed to be mainly around her
3) YOU CAN NOW RECRUIT MONSTERS
4) YES THAT IS CORRECT^

Old 08-24-2011, 05:51 PM   #78
Setirb

Ultima FTW. No holds barred nor questions asked.

Best Summon is for me is Ragnarok =P Who, by the way ,teaches Ultima in FFV xD Also got rid of annoying enemies and gave you awesome goodies in return.

Old 08-24-2011, 08:45 PM   #79
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Ohh nice question there Set :)

Whos your Favorite Summon and why ?

Mine Either :
Bahamut
Spoiler:
King of Dragons, Just plain awesome, been in pretty much all the FF games except for a couple, and the fact that his Flare attack pwns all

Lievethan (VIII)
Spoiler:
Used to think he was a water dragon, turns out he's a water serpent, mind you still awesome

Old 08-24-2011, 09:03 PM   #80
Benitora
Rustic Ronin

mines gotta be deathblow from 7 last thing i expected was a kamikaze moogle made me laugh for hours .

"Sometimes Gods love is hard to swallow, but not as hard as a dinner plate"

Last edited by Benitora; 08-24-2011 at 09:04 PM. Reason: minor correction
Benitora is offline   Reply With Quote