NinjaManager Forums
Old 06-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #241
killik99
the Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejviz007 View Post
SUGGESTION: I know that something simmilar was already suggested for current NM, almost nobody liked it, but I still think it might be a good idea to add rewards for logging in every 24h. IMO, it shouldn't be lo in every 24h a get free ryo, but instead, there would be several mission (on WM, probably), that would get you rewards like x we/x ae/x ne or x ryo, the amount of energy or ryo could be changing every day, so that one day it would be better to get ryo, instead of energy, and other day energy, instead of ryo. I on't know how it should be balanced, but just thought I should share with this idea.
Don't we have that already with the vote function?
I could see this being a pretty good addition to the game though if implemented properly.
Old 06-08-2015, 05:21 PM   #242
Azreal
Darkness Reincarnated

I would be more than willing to play a NM 2.0 I love this game, and with SP and Tablet compatibility would be able to play a whole lot more than i can now. This idea is great, and i agree with those that said Naruto isnt dead yet, but this game had run out of things to do for the most part, as how much time it took to get to the higher levels was grueling of a grind for most people, a lot of my friends stopped playing because they felt they werent getting anywhere.

Event Team
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 12:53 AM   #243
Dejviz007
Real Super Sand

Quote:
Originally Posted by killik99 View Post
Don't we have that already with the vote function?
I could see this being a pretty good addition to the game though if implemented properly.
Yeah, I kinda forgot about that (even thou, I use it once a while). But I was thinking about something that gives way more, and Is an actual boost, instead of +1 ba or wm match. Maybe it could be something like, if you want we, you have to use ryo, if you want ryo you have to use we, idk.
Old 06-09-2015, 04:49 AM   #244
Azreal
Darkness Reincarnated

He is wanting something that promotes actually taking some time to do things in the game, rather than the system we have now that is a bit redundant. he is thinking more along the daily quest style of rewards, that you actually have to take time to do in game, not a link to another site

Event Team
Old 06-09-2015, 11:28 PM   #245
Gonisho
Pwanto is the devil

Will NM 2.0 have actual support staff that will answer your emails in a timely manner? I mention this only because I've sent in emails to support that have gone unanswered before.

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
Gonisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:20 PM   #246
udon
Catpain
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonisho View Post
Will NM 2.0 have actual support staff that will answer your emails in a timely manner? I mention this only because I've sent in emails to support that have gone unanswered before.
Pretty much all emails except "Please unban" and "Forgot password/lost email" are being answered. Other ways of contacting like chat and private messages are not read/very seldomly read (and not the correct support contact).

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:30 PM   #247
Gonisho
Pwanto is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
Pretty much all emails except "Please unban" and "Forgot password/lost email" are being answered. Other ways of contacting like chat and private messages are not read/very seldomly read (and not the correct support contact).
Well that certainly explains it then. Thanks for the clarification.

Gonisho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 08:23 PM   #248
Arsienij

Well its perfect idea to make nm 2.0. Personally I would like to see something new, like crafting or map changes. But some things need to stay, like: seals, fns, lws.

Things I would kill for to see in 2.0:

- new map
- more villages
- updated base of ninjas
- something made to start ninjas, like transforming in more forms than 1, also jounins transforms to another lvl would be great.
- summons with abilities, or something more than just staying in slot

Its great that after those years You are still interested in this game, Udon. I just hope that you won't stop it in a half way. Cause now i really want to wait untill you will done your work. Hope it will come soon. Cheers.

Arsienij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:13 AM   #249
udon
Catpain
Admin

Thx for the suggestions ande ncouragement arsienij. I think ull be happy with v2!

On another note ,i was thinking of merging Elemental advantage and Resist into just "Element". Resist is a boring stat but element adv is more aattractive, esp on world map so that would make creating the base stats for ninjas better and more variety.

Old 06-19-2015, 04:10 PM   #250
Azreal
Darkness Reincarnated

I like that idea Udon, my only question would be would you add more variety to team build strats by adding a genjutsu or something of that nature. I mean i like the 2, but i like genjutsu more than i think i did tai or nin because of the ability to take your opponent out of the battle entirely. I think it would also add a bit more variety in what you could do with teams. Something akin to:
Tai: Crit
Nin: Reroll
Gen: Elements

or something along those lines, so that each stat has a clear use in a team, which allows you to have to weigh how you want to, or gives the players who like hybrid, like me, a more diverse choice in building teams

Event Team
Old 06-20-2015, 08:17 PM   #251
Arsienij

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
Thx for the suggestions ande ncouragement arsienij. I think ull be happy with v2!

On another note ,i was thinking of merging Elemental advantage and Resist into just "Element". Resist is a boring stat but element adv is more aattractive, esp on world map so that would make creating the base stats for ninjas better and more variety.
Can't wait to see It. Will you start beta tests soon?

Arsienij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 03:09 AM   #252
Eugen

So I've recently sent Udon an e-mail with some thoughts on nm2 and after thinking it through, I've decided to post it here as well to hear everyone's opinions on it :>

"What I personally think would make nm2 a great game is this: Reshape and enlargen the World Map. Don't just make it visible on one page when you open the world map, being able to scroll up and down and sideways would have a more epic feel to it and it would leave space for extra missions/side stories as the journey through the world map progresses... In the end, it's all about the stroy. The reruns and more difficult modes for better items and ninjas are fun and all, but having a rich story with a lot of variety to it would make the experience so much more worthwhile.

To give a few examples: change 'Battle Arena' into 'Chuunin Exam', add more missions in there, make the routes more random (kinda like when you have to choose between doing the hard path with team naruto = slower progression rewarded by better items or the easy path for a faster progression with lesser rewards), for example 'you're on your journey through the forest and spot team 7 ahead of you and team 8 coming from the left', you have to choose which one to fight... doing one mission would unlock other missions than doing the other one and so on... Like this, no one would uncover all the secrets of the world map in one mode thus making reruns or new modes that much more interesting, because you'd then choose to do the other mission to see what will happen (at least until people who've each done different routes gather on the forums to put together a 'World Map Guide').

Maybe adding certain missions/caverns on the world map that are only visible and accessible once you're on a certain mode (easy, medium etc...) would add a sense of mystery and vastness to the world map and motivate people to keep playing until they've completed all the modes = activity stability. (would also give you time to work more on the later modes). There's just so much fun stuff that could be done with the world map, I'd be able to go on and on about it... Like add some 'Village Only' missions, and give the Kage of that village the power to decide what LW will be dropped there as long as that person is Kage (might be hard to code but just adding an option in the Kage Shop with, say, a list of 5 LWs and the person who just became Kage has to select one). I have a few more ideas related to the world map but I'll stop here, if you decide to change the world map, I'd be happy to suggest stuff like that (it's more fun than I thought), and I'm sure there's other people who'd have much more interesting ideas and could help you with the story :)

Most talked about thing in the forums I see is: 'Will we lose everything that we've achieved so far?' I'd say: Hell yeah! I mean, it's a different game and it's not like nm will cease to exist... as someone who's spent a hefty budget on nm, I get the feeling pretty well. But then again, it's a new game. We can still play nm while also playing nm2 (better give it another name, like Ultimate Ninja or something). Even giving people that've achieved great things in nm flashy teamnames or such would be risky. It could discourage potential new players that have never played nm. It'd give off a vibe of 'this game is nothing more than a continuation of another game, so unless you've played that game, it'll be hard for you to integrate in this community.' I know, I know, nm2 is in fact nothing more than a continuation of nm and is literally its second, improved, version. But it seems like going about it as a 'fresh start' would attract more people that are fans of the Naruto franchise rather than just the people still playing nm... as they say, the more the merrier.

Only thing I'd suggest on this matter would be adding a cavern on the world map (similar to the Bijuu Cavern) with 7 missions, each of them named after the people that are first in the hall of fame from beginner to fm. And give those people a certain amount of attack value and stats limitations to create the LWs that would be dropped there... just a suggestion though, other similar things could be done."

So what I'm saying is this: We could basically start on beginner mode with a blank world map and get to fill it in the more we progress... This way, having finished FM mode would actually be more about finally fully completing the world map and discoving all its hidden secrets and twists rather than just completing the same storyline for the 7th time, just a little bit harder...

P.S. Some people here seem to have a problem with the Gedou statue summon. There's nothing wrong with the summon, it's how negative enemy stamina works that's OP and needs fixing/nerfing. As it is now, negative enemy stamina is absolute. So if normal stamina+ has a penalty, why not add one to negative enemy stamina as well? Let me try and explain this: lets say I own a custom with -200 enemy stamina, give it to an fng and it'd cold-bloodedly murder 3 misslotted fnks in one go = the -200 stamina will remain -200 the 2nd hit and -200 again the 3rd hit (OP, right?). So just give it like a 50% penalty (maybe too harsh but probably necessary, unless someone comes up with a real formula), that way, on its first hit the -200 enemy stamina will have full effect, while by the 2nd hit it'd decline to -100 and so on... this way it could give people with misslots a chance to hide their misslotted ninja behind a starter or weaker ninja to lower the effect of said custom.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:45 PM   #253
udon
Catpain
Admin

Nice suggestions Eugen!

I just added the "path" missions, so there could be a choice between 2 missions. You beat one and then the other one is locked afterwards. So there could be the choice of an easy one and a super hard one which unlocks drops or a good ninja to buy.

Changing Battle Arena to Chuunin Exam Grounds or something similar is a good idea. I'll have to see if it works story wise.

Village unique missions already added!

Kage deciding drops is a really cool idea. Probably won't happen on initial release tho.

Right now there's no real "world map" picture. More like a list of boxes with story areas, bonus areas and villages available. The boxes have a picture of the area, and some basic info. It's easier to handle than a world map, although that would look cooler if I had a custom made one. It'll get really crowded on a world map too, especially on non-desktop resolutions. The plan is to have bonus areas (think Bijuu Island) have the same strength on all difficulties and wont reset either, so you can continue to "complete" those while advancing through difficulties.

It's a fresh start!

Hall of Fame missions is cool too. I don't know their lineups tho.

Old 06-21-2015, 05:17 PM   #254
XeroMaano
Vampire

imo, to solve the world map image issue for non-desktop devices, you could very well make it so that it shows the same image as it would on the desktop, but on non-desktop devices you'd have to select a portion of the map, which would then zoom in and show more options

Eg.

First options on the World Map: South-East, South-West, North-East, North-West

After selecting South-East: Village 1, Village 2, Country 1, Country 2

After selecting to South-West: Village 3, Country 3, X zone

etc
Old 06-22-2015, 04:01 AM   #255
Dark Legend
暗殺者•短剣VII

-If there was a marketplace this would pump the heart of any social game.
currency keeps people playing for decades not levels or ranking. people usually quit because there is no isolated goal but things are to dependent on ranking and once you beat the top guy it gets boring. and NM is so slow paced that to prove your point u got to wait months or years so people loose interest lol

- An ability to donate to the clan in the form of currency so it gets upgraded.

- expansive story line, anti heroes paths

- one of a kind lws or skills obtained once you choose that path.

- customization

this are strong RPG systems used to keep players engaged.

war and fight systems are cool also but can get boring after a couple months of figuring out the meta game.

Udon is a genius and i know this will be super awesome Cheers!

“life is short, take shit from nobody, be your own boss.”
“jaraiya's Disiple folowing the philosophy of money, boobs and alcohol. :D ”
Dark Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 01:17 PM   #256
psychomiko
Meh!

One thing that i would enjoy in Nm 2.0 is packs with different ninjas.
Something like the pack system in hearthstone but not quite. My idea is to have for example one pack for each Ninjalvl (Gennin, Jounin, Kage, Summon).
It will create the huge variation on ladder. And to follow that up is maybe a marketplace where u could trade your cards with other players instead of having a currency.

Its just an idea that I would enjoy very much.

Have a great day

psychomiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 07:07 PM   #257
teamreaper

A few things came to mind while reading the latest posts after seeing some great suggestions, but first

As previously stated, I don't really want any benefits that will be advantageous to progression; some useless status, border, etc that shows my progress on nm would be cool but really only if anyone could go to nm and get those achievements as well. For example maybe a pink border if you beat beginner, purple border if u beat impossible, and some new color that people agree is cooler if you beat FM.
(Essentially it should be able to be unlocked by anyone and everyone for a cool factor but should not give any real advantage).

The idea of paths definitely sounds nice but if so, the items that would be unlocked through X path should be made known in my opinion (although maybe not necessarily in the Beta); For example maybe you will pick path X because it has an item that would be useful for your team, although harder than path Y; however if the item from path X is useless, you would pick item from path Y.

I definitely like the idea of certain story options being available only on certain modes to keep the story fresh. Like maybe on the easiest difficulty, ur team fights naruto when he has only 1 tail but on the hardest, naruto either fights using all 9 tails the entire time or he keeps evolving until he hits 9 tails.
That would ofc mean that either the naruto storyline changes a bit or that on the easiest difficulty, team naruto breaks free of the control of the beast, and that yamato has just enough energy to suppress naruto down to 1 tail while failing on the hardest difficulty; something like that would be fun.
teamreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 08:12 PM   #258
Eugen

^ No need to know the items from the start. More of a gamble and diversity... Until people who have done different paths share the info on the forums and create a WM guide = increases forum traffic a bit. Knowing which items would be available via every route/path from the start would make everyone go for the one with most benefits for that run, leaving paths with weaker items unexplored :p One of the things I most enjoyed on FM back in the day was not knowing what stats the FM LWs had and spending over a week on magirock, then crying in spanish because I wanted the fafniel stats... First runs should be adventurous and unexpected, you know :p leave all the boring planning ahead for reruns and events ;D
Old 07-08-2015, 08:17 PM   #259
teamreaper

To add to the clan ideas, what about having a clan energy to have some sort of expansive clan storyline that is both exclusive for you and that is not affected by reset but gives both you and clan some benefit?

Exclusive for you means that your progress will be your own and any clanmate can do his own clan story that may be identical to yours but your progress will not affect his. However, progress in these stories gives the whole clan rewards like exp and items. Clan exp gives levels and allows access to clan skills, kinda like in nm1. These clan skills could be like the sharingan, rinnegan, byakugan that you wanted to add to certain ninjas but that people didn't like. I think that if they are viewed as clan skills, they would be more accepted by everyone.

Not affected by reset just means that resetting your main team will not reset your progress in the clan storyline. However, of course if you reset your team, you will have a harder time progressing, but in my opinion, everything should in clan should be able to be beaten with a team that can beat the penultimate difficulty. You should not have to camp to progress through the clan storyline. Likewise, each expansion doesn't necessarily have to be stronger than the previous one.

Ofc having an expansive clan storyline means easy room for updates whenever you are not too busy and whenever an idea comes to mind. However, other uses for clan energy could be a very energy taxing activity (like 1/5 of daily clan energy) battle that gives some decent ninja exp, an acceptable summon exp (maybe 1? not sure), and again clan items (These items could be used to unlock or upgrade clan skills? like "genetic modifiers" or whatever to have a reasoning behind sharingan and others as clan skills?)

NOTE: although, I'm sure we don't need to have an event for a good bit on nm2, since events on nm are fun mostly b/c of the competitive aspect and once the top places are taken, the competitive feeling is gone and everyone pretty much slows down and just start looking towards next event, while growing bored with the current one,
Automatically have clans be disabled for any event account in nm2 (or whatever it's called since a lot of people on chat agreed with Xakor and Eugen about the fact that nm2 would sound kinda lame as a name).

Subnote: I'll prolly make a note about gedou and reduced stamina in wherever ur supposed to do it is. apparently there's some balance guide; but long story short, I feel like just nerfing gedou is the easiest and most efficient way.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:23 PM   #260
teamreaper

lol eug ur fast :o didn't even see that you posted something in the middle until now; but meh I guess I like planning too much :( and maybe Udon spoonfed us too much by telling us the stats of the newer items like gae bulg, sunlight heart, etc but meh I'll look forward to your guide Eug ^^ and I'd totally cry in Spanish, German, Japanese, English, and French if I hunted a troll item for a long time.

But hmm then for sure something like the homepage of nm would be important so that we know the effect of certain lws and maybe the effect of the item when we are ready to craft them?