NinjaManager Forums
Old 01-09-2015, 04:08 PM   #81
Heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroMaano View Post
I disagree with this.
Do I seriously have to say why? I thought we're having a Naruto game here? As long as these characters have nothing to do with Naruto or Kishimoto(The author), I will be against it.
You want characters outside of Naruto? Sure, why not, as long as the game's direction is changed to "AnimeManager" rather than "NinjaManager".

I don't want to be a party pooper, but I just can't agree with that. Well, that's my opinion.

Err... I thought udon said he's already working on this "party system"? I missed recent discussion about this.

I'm happy that people actually responded to my suggestions.. Thanks!! Well , if u guys do not like ninjamanager to get characters from other animes , it's totally fine. The main point was actually the 'exclusive character event'. Like maybe jounin mifune (we currently do not have him, but he is recruit-able in the event) ... Well I'm not sure if u guys like this idea though.. haha :)
Old 01-09-2015, 04:18 PM   #82
XeroMaano
Vampire

I don't mind having ninjas that can be recruited ONLY during an event or smth. As long as they're from Naruto, I'm fine.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:18 PM   #83
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

Quote:
I don't mind having ninjas that can be recruited ONLY during an event or smth. As long as they're from Naruto, I'm fine.
i agree as well, but it will be difficult to select them if i am being honest...they cant be to popular because people will probably rage, yet they have to be popular enough so people would be willing to participate. I think a Jonin Mifune would be a good starting spot with a young image from when he fought Hanzo...maybe the other 6 Jinchuriki could work to before they died. Fuu should be easy since she is staring in the new filler ark in Naruto, so lots of nice shots of her should be available (Hoping for hints of Fuu X Shino *Chuckles*) Utakata got his own filler to so he should be good...Han is basically unheard of and unseen until the war, but their may be some hope for Roshi, Yagura and Yugito Nii since they have sort of been seen in the series, if not in short flashbacks. Hmmmmmm...Kono trio would be a good place to start with the beginning events, and would probably be a good thriving ground for a few populer filler characters like Guren or Shizuka, or even reincarnated shinobi who only appeared during the war like Pakura or some of the other swordsmen of the mist.

FORCE Susanoo Slayers (Possible last Impossible mode before NM2! Watch your back, Madara Uchiha!)
I have a big, hungry, and easily pissed off white fox beside me...your argument is invalid.

Last edited by shywhitefox; 01-09-2015 at 05:24 PM.
shywhitefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 06:38 PM   #84
udon
Catpain
Admin

Here's how I think the arena will look like:

1) We have the old Exp
2) follow by a rank icon where to color goes from greyish yellow up to purple depending on how far the team has progressed (and it changes to fox icon after a while). Inside the rank is a number indication which difficulty the team is on. 1 = Beginner.
3) Clan tag, maybe hover it for a popup with some info
4) Team name
5) Village
6) Hover magnification icon to see lineup, items etc
7) A new thing I'm gonna try is a kind of "respond challenge". If you get a challenge from a team, you can send one back for a reduced amount of energy. -1 cost perhaps.
8) I'm gonna add some kind of "Friend" icon here too.
9) I'm thinking about adding some kind of stats field, where it shows how well you've done against the team last 7 days.

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #85
XeroMaano
Vampire

Quote:
Originally Posted by shywhitefox View Post
i agree as well, but it will be difficult to select them if i am being honest...they cant be to popular because people will probably rage, yet they have to be popular enough so people would be willing to participate. I think a Jonin Mifune would be a good starting spot with a young image from when he fought Hanzo...maybe the other 6 Jinchuriki could work to before they died. Fuu should be easy since she is staring in the new filler ark in Naruto, so lots of nice shots of her should be available (Hoping for hints of Fuu X Shino *Chuckles*) Utakata got his own filler to so he should be good...Han is basically unheard of and unseen until the war, but their may be some hope for Roshi, Yagura and Yugito Nii since they have sort of been seen in the series, if not in short flashbacks. Hmmmmmm...Kono trio would be a good place to start with the beginning events, and would probably be a good thriving ground for a few populer filler characters like Guren or Shizuka, or even reincarnated shinobi who only appeared during the war like Pakura or some of the other swordsmen of the mist.

Honestly, I don't think we should have Unique ninjas tied to Events.
How about, instead of stand-alone ninjas like Guren, Shizuka, etc. we have an alternation of a character?
Ex: In the game we have Jinchuuriki in their normal, ALIVE form. From events we could get "half-mode" of their beasts. Like, with the chakra of the beast flowing around them... or perhaps their reincarnation from the war or smth... I think I might be asking for too much?
And... Fuu?! Getting an episode of her own?
Must see.

@Udon that looks nice.
Suggestion: Rather than a number showing their difficulty, how about the starting letter?
Begginer: B
Easy: E
etc.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:13 PM   #86
KaiKai
El Gordo
Chat Mod

http://www.ninjamanager.com/misc/arenatest.png

background too dark, font color hard to read

"Think 2 ways before talking."
KaiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #87
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think we should have Unique ninjas tied to Events.
How about, instead of stand-alone ninjas like Guren, Shizuka, etc. we have an alternation of a character?
Ex: In the game we have Jinchuuriki in their normal, ALIVE form. From events we could get "half-mode" of their beasts. Like, with the chakra of the beast flowing around them... or perhaps their reincarnation from the war or smth... I think I might be asking for too much?
And... Fuu?! Getting an episode of her own?
Must see.

@Udon that looks nice.
Suggestion: Rather than a number showing their difficulty, how about the starting letter?
Begginer: B
Easy: E
etc.
Its the current filler ark in the anime right now, which is basically what the others did during the chunin exams while Naruto was away for two years, and it also shows that the Sand Village had a little civil war, or rebals anyway, because they didnt approve Gaara as the Kage. It should be good, she starts appearing next week since i saw the preview of the next epiosde...little weird their is filler with the manga done, but i am not that bothered. Whatever expands and extends Naruto is good in my eyes.

As for your suggestion, i suppose a cosmetic change on the image would be just as good, but perhaps its something that should be put up to vote for say, a month or two after 2.0 launches. Its a bit to soon for Event suggestions at this point i think.

FORCE Susanoo Slayers (Possible last Impossible mode before NM2! Watch your back, Madara Uchiha!)
I have a big, hungry, and easily pissed off white fox beside me...your argument is invalid.
shywhitefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2015, 11:46 PM   #88
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

What about multiple skins and you can choose. I like the look of it.
what about some kind of different background for different villages.

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 01:58 AM   #89
kuuya03

what about raising pets. usually devs with new games use the existing game to advertise their new games. so if you can include a rescued pet(just a dropped item like lw), and they can be stored in a farm where you feed em fruits so they level up/give them hunting energy. Pets may/may not have use in game but possible use is for additional IF or you can send them out to gather forge materials. may have 1 max pet.
Old 01-10-2015, 08:38 AM   #90
udon
Catpain
Admin

Xero: I don't think B, E, M etc is easier to understand than 1,2,3, especially not for a new user.

kaikai: Care to elaborate? What font color (the yellow team name, green fight button, the description fonts above (rank, clan, team etc), the filter/refresh ones...? The brighter I make the row background the harder the font color will be to read too, unless I just bright them up even more.

Anyone else having problems? It looks a bit darker since it's on top of a white forum background. I've tested in different settings and it looks ok to me, a bit dark if I completely turn off all Brightness on my mobile, tablet etc, but the essential is still readable.

kuuya: Adding a pet to current NM so players want to test NM 2.0? Not sure if I misunderstand but that sounds weird. If NM players like NM, they will surely want to test the upgraded version anyways? It's the same game but better.

Old 01-10-2015, 12:08 PM   #91
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Surely pets are just similar to summons we have now. Neither can battle but both offer a buff of sorts

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
Old 01-10-2015, 03:14 PM   #92
udon
Catpain
Admin

Here's a test for the village screen.

Normal missions wont have the "progress bars", you just complete the mission once and it's done. I'll also have the "estimated difficulty" calculate roughly how hard it would be with your current lineup to complete the mission. "Special shop" is the upgrades shop, but maybe with some more goodies I haven't thought of.

I'm gonna add a list of teams with "Highest reputation" as well. Basically, you open up new, harder, missions when you complete the previous ones, and your progress for village missions are not reset. So you will still stay high in reputation with the village if you did a lot of missions, you might even stay on top for a long time (or come back and maintain top position later on). This reputation will also help with cross-village recruting of ninjas when playing another village. For example, you reset to Sand Village and can recruit from Souther Leaf but you don't have to pay some outrageous 200% extra fee or something since you have good reputation from a previous playthrough.

Old 01-10-2015, 05:39 PM   #93
Heathcliff

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
Here's a test for the village screen.

Normal missions wont have the "progress bars", you just complete the mission once and it's done. I'll also have the "estimated difficulty" calculate roughly how hard it would be with your current lineup to complete the mission. "Special shop" is the upgrades shop, but maybe with some more goodies I haven't thought of.

I'm gonna add a list of teams with "Highest reputation" as well. Basically, you open up new, harder, missions when you complete the previous ones, and your progress for village missions are not reset. So you will still stay high in reputation with the village if you did a lot of missions, you might even stay on top for a long time (or come back and maintain top position later on). This reputation will also help with cross-village recruting of ninjas when playing another village. For example, you reset to Sand Village and can recruit from Souther Leaf but you don't have to pay some outrageous 200% extra fee or something since you have good reputation from a previous playthrough.

I kinda agree with kai, the colour is a bit to dark.. Sorry..

@xero May I know your reason why we do not need a unique ninja event?? thanks :D
Old 01-10-2015, 06:26 PM   #94
XeroMaano
Vampire

Content such as ninjas which you play with should be open to everyone, no matter how long the player has been playing for. Manager games are there for people to build their dream team or whatever the game is about. Tying potential members of this team to an event of sorts destroys that, but that's just my opinion.

So if you want rewards in the form of ninjas from events:
-It could be a reskin/remake/empowerment or whatever to an EXISTING NINJA that everyone can buy or something like that (Eg: A Jinchuuriki everyone can buy but from an event can get a different looking image/card/etc. for the specific ninja. For Jinchuurikis it's easy as they have different forms.)
-It could be a ninja that can be acquired only from an event, just as you wish, with the condition to be brought back sometime in the future. Maybe in another event.

Put yourself in the shoes of a newcoming player who would be like "Damn... I couldn't get X Ninja because I wasn't playing since the release and missed some event... now I'll never have a chance to build my dream team." You wouldn't like that now, would you?

@Udon that looks really neat. Colors are fine imo
Old 01-10-2015, 07:13 PM   #95
Allavia

I feel that all ninjas should be unlocked to everyone too, idea of giving new skin for ninja as reward from event is damn nice, but who'd make new skins for winner? Unfortunately we don't have many active card makers

Udon colors are pretty good but maybe you could use some other font for team names?

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
Allavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #96
hanabusa1991
FORCE's Dragoon

I shall crawl back to NM for this update.
Spoiler:

Also i'm sure u could find some interesting ideas back on the suggestion topic, we proposed many thigns over the years ^^ ur bound to find something there that suits u're interest. Maybe those can be possible now.

From the screenshots provided it looks promising.

Cheers
Old 01-10-2015, 07:29 PM   #97
Heathcliff

Quote:
Content such as ninjas which you play with should be open to everyone, no matter how long the player has been playing for. Manager games are there for people to build their dream team or whatever the game is about. Tying potential members of this team to an event of sorts destroys that, but that's just my opinion.

So if you want rewards in the form of ninjas from events:
-It could be a reskin/remake/empowerment or whatever to an EXISTING NINJA that everyone can buy or something like that (Eg: A Jinchuuriki everyone can buy but from an event can get a different looking image/card/etc. for the specific ninja. For Jinchuurikis it's easy as they have different forms.)
-It could be a ninja that can be acquired only from an event, just as you wish, with the condition to be brought back sometime in the future. Maybe in another event.

Put yourself in the shoes of a newcoming player who would be like "Damn... I couldn't get X Ninja because I wasn't playing since the release and missed some event... now I'll never have a chance to build my dream team." You wouldn't like that now, would you?

@Udon that looks really neat. Colors are fine imo
Oh.. I see your point.. I just thought that the game was pretty boring with so many people using very similar lineups since all chars are unlockable, so I was trying to find a solution to this. To your question about umm 'now I'll never have a chance to build my dream team' , I was actually thinking that the event is scheduled. As in umm, it will appear again some time after the event is finished(ex. 3-5 months).. IN this event, all people who finished gets the 'event ninja'. I was thinking that the cards are pre-made and the event stages too.. Therfore, all Udon should do when the game is done is just to release the events one-by-one if you get what I meant..

Well, if you all think the suggestion is not worth it to even read, or if it really sucks that bad. Sorry for making you read this and waste 1 min of your life
;( @udon: just ignore my suggestions if most people do not like it especially if you yourself don't like it

For the background color: I would suggest having a blue background since I have done some research and blue is the color which makes you feel most relaxed and I think that's why Facebook and Tumbler uses that color on their page. According to my research, the color makes people want to stay online longer.. But well it's all up to u Udon

:)
Old 01-10-2015, 07:41 PM   #98
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Why not rare characters that need alot of things to unlock. FNKs were cool until most members started getting them. What about certain ninja that need multiple Really rare materials to buy.
That way if you see another guy with that certain ninja you know he put hella effort into getting him

Old 01-10-2015, 08:20 PM   #99
udon
Catpain
Admin

One idea to make some ninjas stand out is to have special frames around the card. Since they are much bigger there could be frames with akatsuki clouds or other ornament stuff inatead of just a thick border. There could for example be event specific frames. For special cards, other games often release stuff u can buy expensive when its released only to have it on sale months later when its not hot. Could always have those event ninjas available after its over but u need to grind a lot of gold or whatevs, kind of like the chakra plus. Bit it feels like events are somehwat far away at this point in time.

As for the colors. Id like to know if its actually hard to read, if you guys dont prefer dark colors for web in general, if it just looks bad/meh etc. I meam, if its hard to read then it has to be fixed for sure. I know ive made some stuff hard to read in tje past so im just looking to find out what might be wrong in this case. Its an akatsuki theme kind of. Red/black bg, brownish content. Brown is the color that makes ppl wanna buy stuff (just kidding haha). Might try for a byakugan theme in the future with white/blue colors. Its kind of hard to make a cools design for a game with light colors, while also using screenshots from the anime etc.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:38 PM   #100
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Why not multiple homepage skins??