Old 07-21-2009, 10:04 PM   #1
Reversal

Default Anko's Jutsus Need a Boost.

Let's take a gander.

400j:
+13 Tai
+10 Nin
+25% Reroll

Sure, the +11.5 attack is decent, but it's not a big boost at all. You can get +11.5 attack with pretty much two 50js. I mean, look at Zabuza, for example; his 400j not only gives +11 attack, but it also gives +20 stam.

And what does Anko get to make up for this? 25% reroll. Reroll, which, as an FN Jounin, is more or less useless to her due to her high seal and 5/3 tai/nin gains. That reroll would only be useful on her normal Jounin form, but who would be using Anko as her weak Jounin long enough to even bother purchasing a 400j for her, anyway?

Basically, Anko's 400j = needs a boost. I vote for replacing the reroll with stamina, or more tai/nin.

800j:
+90% Lvl5 Death

This basically makes Anko a pseudo-shinigami. This makes her only useful in very specific situations, even more specific than the shinigami, because Anko will only likely face off against enemy Jounins, rather than the whole team, meaning there's an even less chance of lvl5 Death proccing.

Other 800js give something around +15 attack, +30 stamina, and usually some other boosts, while all Anko gets is a very situational ability that pales in usefulness to even a boost like +15 attack. The enemy Jounin will likely suffer enough from a round penalty that once it reaches Anko, she should be able to kill it off regardless of lvl5 Death or not. Hence, there's almost no point in having it there. And if the enemy turns out NOT to fall under the divisible by 5 category, Anko receiving no attack boosts from her 800j may make her lose even that battle.

I vote to downsize the lvl5 Death, perhaps making it only 25% or 40%, and to add a decent attack boost and a stamina boost, such as +10 attack and +20 stamina. Or, if that doesn't really seem to make sense in regards to the jutsu itself (story-wise), something like +30 attack and -20 stamina sounds fine. That's basically what Itachi and Chiyo get with their 400j, anyway. That extra 400 can pay for the added 25%-40% lvl5 Death, I suppose.

Side Suggestion:
Compare +17 Attack and +16 Stamina to something like Susano-o, Shield of Shukaku or pretty much all of the 800js out there. Kisame's Samehada needs a boost.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #2
Minaro
Semi-retired

#1 I don't remember where, when or how, but I know discussions about Anko's jutsus have been up before, atleast her 800-ryo jutsu. It was discussed and noted it needed a change, but just like basically all other character/ability/etc changes that deals with balance, it was considered minor and put aside.

Actually makes me sad to see you and others put up tons of suggestions over and over and over again when I know none of them are going to happen anytime soon.

Anyway, did you try using the search function before creating this thread?

Weinmers Landing, currently Impossible
Old 07-21-2009, 10:26 PM   #3
Reversal

#2 The search function did not turn up any results like this, so those discussions you're talking about probably didn't occur on this forum.

Yes, it also makes me sad that I know none of these will be happening anytime soon, and that they may be forgotten when udon actually has the time to work on them, so I'm really hoping udon is writing down all of these recent suggestions popping up.

As for this being a minor issue, I hardly think that's the case. Well, it may be minor NOW (as no one will be on hard mode anytime soon), but sooner or later people will probably start complaining. I'm just preempting them, I guess.
Old 07-21-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
supermilky

While I do agree the kinks need to be worked out through abilities, I also think Udon has his priorities laid out very nicely. Ladder system, Clans, major features etc. come first. Minor reworkings of abilities come second. On a side note, do you think Udon should "hire" someone to modify abilities, stat gains, and such?

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
Minaro
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reversal View Post
#2 The search function did not turn up any results like this, so those discussions you're talking about probably didn't occur on this forum.

Yes, it also makes me sad that I know none of these will be happening anytime soon, and that they may be forgotten when udon actually has the time to work on them, so I'm really hoping udon is writing down all of these recent suggestions popping up.

As for this being a minor issue, I hardly think that's the case. Well, it may be minor NOW (as no one will be on hard mode anytime soon), but sooner or later people will probably start complaining. I'm just preempting them, I guess.
I see your point very well, but I'm pretty sure we'll get to ALL abilities that need rebalancing when we get there. Only abilities that are major concerns will most likely be balanced before then, and once Udon has his eyes on abilities, I plan to have them ALL overlooked and rebalanced.. As well as possible is. It'll probably take a while until we get there, though, and I think actual character balancing will happen before it. So far the 350-ryo Genin balancing, for example, has been in planning for a long time, but yet it hasn't happened yet.

I just know that once Udon declares he has the time to actually look closer on balancing, I'll have him look over everything, with as much input as I can give him, but of course also putting together input from everyone else. I really think the balancing should take place before any new characters are released, to keep the balancing easier both for the new character(s) vs the old and to have less to actually look at when balancing.

Bottom line: We'll get there. When it happens, I'll make sure it gets done properly... *Grabs a piece of wood* .. Heck, irony could strike any time, I could die of *random cause* just before Udon decides to do the rebalance :P
What I'm trying to say is that as long as nothing critical happens, I'll be here :P

Old 07-22-2009, 02:20 AM   #6
udon
Catpain
Admin

Thanks for helping me out with the balancing :)

Besides actually adding things (like the ladder system - almost done! But I'm taking it a bit further and adding "guest mode" for new players to try it out!), there's a lot of "maintenance" for me to do. Been trying to fix the email sending problem etc. Lots of small issues I don't really write about here.

I think we had an Anko thread a few months ago.
http://www.ninjamanager.net/showthre...highlight=anko
Here's Minaros 350 genin imba thread with some anko: http://www.ninjamanager.net/showthre...highlight=anko

If I was presented with ninja/ability changes that a bunch of you together had "recoqnized"/deemed OK, then I would update the ninjas. I do get very good suggestions right now (thanks Minaro), but I often have to do the final adjustments/decisions and I have to/want to do some research before coming up with the final decision. But if a bunch of you agreed on some changes, then there's no reason for me to dig deep into this, I'd just take a quick glance to see if there's anything you might not have thought of.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:03 AM   #7
Shiver
When you see Akatsuki :P

Um, just something you might look into when rebalancing: anko could have a combo with orochimaru, i think, right?

Old 10-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
dark crisis
Hiding in your closet

and ibiki like chunnin examiners

Proud Member of the Black $ White Clan
Old 10-02-2009, 09:11 PM   #9
Minaro
Semi-retired

... Check the last post date. If you're going to revive a dead thread, provide something really useful to the topic preferably.. Thread closed, you're getting a warning next time.

Closed Thread