NinjaManager Forums

Old 02-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #101
Setirb
Rating: Awesome

Like I said, it's just my personal opinion. Maybe I'm just too spoiled from old school FFs =P

For example my GF is moogle (and chocobo) addict and absolutely LOVES Mog. Me, I think Mog is an excuse to just add a moogle to the game and go "hey this FF has a moogle", since he could be easily replace by something/one else - nothing he does is "moogle exclusive" so to say.

She also enjoyed FFX and X-2 much more than I did and thinks the best thing about FF 8 is the story... I fully admit review and opinions are based on my experience of the game xD

EDIT: The 6 reflects what you said and I meant regarding this not being what you would expect from characters in a FF game. They can still fulfill their roles as far as story telling and gameplaying go, and yet they are lacking that FF mystic that makes us "bond" or feel that special empathy or even care towards them.

I almost cried when Galuf died in FF V. FF VI delivered a perfect job with all the main characters and Kefka is probably the best villain of all FFs. I felt pity for Kuja and I was too saddened for my own good when found out about the whole history of Vivi in IX. Heck even Sahz gave me a "if he killed himself I'm not playing anymore" feeling out of no where in XIII. There weren't any epic moments like that in FF XIII-2 for me =\

Last edited by Setirb; 02-09-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Setirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:03 PM   #102
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Just wondering something,
It is heavily hinted in FF VIII that Laguna is Squalls father, if that is true then where the hell did 'Leonheart' come from? was that Raines surname or what it given to him by someone else?

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #103
Zeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
Just wondering something,
It is heavily hinted in FF VIII that Laguna is Squalls father, if that is true then where the hell did 'Leonheart' come from? was that Raines surname or what it given to him by someone else?
He chose it himself, after the lion of his ring. As an orphan, nobody knew his real last name.
An yes, in game Ward and Kiros confirm that Laguna is Squall's father.
Zeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #104
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeen View Post
He chose it himself, after the lion of his ring. As an orphan, nobody knew his real last name.
An yes, in game Ward and Kiros confirm that Laguna is Squall's father.
Thanks it was really bugging me xD
Also when do they confirm it?, i know its hinted but i cant remember them actually confirming it

Did abit o research :3

As confirmed in the Final Fantasy VIII Ultimania, Squall is the child of Raine and Laguna.
It is theorized that Raine's maiden name was "Leonhart," and it was thus passed on to Squall.

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...

Last edited by drag0nf0rce; 04-09-2012 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:07 PM   #105
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Finally got my hand on FF13-2
And i got to say, its a nice game :)
Apart from Serah going all 'lightning this and lightning that' its a really nice game to play xD
Wish there was more depth in the character and more of them xD although the monster control is kinda cool with lots of variety

Old 11-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #106
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

she lives <3

Old 12-02-2012, 03:25 AM   #107
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie

im surprised i never found this topic. Oh well time to revive it

FF1- Completed
FF2
FF3
FF4
FF5
FF6
FF7 Crisis Core
FF7- Completed 100%
FF7 Dirge of Cerberus- Completed
FF8
FF9
FF10
FF10-2 Completed
FF12
FF13- Completed
FF13-2 - Completed.
Final Fantasy Tactics The war of the lions
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronic
Final Fantasy Dissidia
And have Watched the FF7 movie

I believe thats all of them not sure.

Favorite is FF7 i still go back and play that now. FF1 - FF6 are all pretty much the same graphics wise. From 7 on there all great games. I dont have favorite chars for the first 6
FF7 Crisis- Angeal/None
FF7- Cloud/Tifa
FF8- Squall/Rinoa
FF9- Vivi/Dagger
FF10- Auron/Riku
FF10-2 - Riku
FF12- Balthier/Ashe
FF13- Vanille/Snow
Dissidia- Cloud/Ultimecia

I think i have played way to many FF games over the years.
dmrmetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:19 PM   #108
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmrmetallica View Post

I think i have played way to many FF games over the years.
Theres no such thing my friend xd
I want to play the new 14 addition T.T
Looks so epic, ill post a link to it now :3
VV
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqL3-n2-3J4

Feel free to pee yourself slightly

Old 12-06-2012, 03:29 AM   #109
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie

I never felt like the online games of Final Fantasy were really FF games. I also never had the computer for them though. (I Do now) so maybe i might think about actually trying them instead of just watching videos on them. But either way the original single player Final fantasies is the way they should stay.

I want them to redo FF7. Re-image, New music, Put voices in all the good stuff. but they never will
Old 12-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #110
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

FF7 has been redone if a remember right, it was released earlier this year
Its had a PC makeover

Old 12-06-2012, 07:50 AM   #111
MoonTiger
Flying duck of prejustice

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqL3-n2-3J4

Feel free to pee yourself slightly
I personally think it felt more like an opening to either a Hack&Slash or an MMORPG. Sadly I kind of lost faith in the FF series after X. That game was way too flawed (especially story and characterwise) for my taste. I kind of liked XII though, but it didn't come close to VIII, which is my favorite.

Edit: Also, I truly hate how dragons (or whatever this creature was, seemed like one to me) are portrayed as dumb creatures in almost any game. If you see a shitload of mystic symbols appear, you fly the fuck away. Dragons are supposed to be the most intelligent creatures in any world. Supposed being the keyword, they lost this place a long time ago.

Last edited by MoonTiger; 12-06-2012 at 07:56 AM.
MoonTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:35 PM   #112
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie

with gambits 12 was the easiest to abuse. just set up the right games find the right enemy who spawns other enemies and come back 5 hours later to see your still fighting it. kinda took grinding out (not a good thing really haha)
Old 12-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #113
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTiger View Post
I personally think it felt more like an opening to either a Hack&Slash or an MMORPG. Sadly I kind of lost faith in the FF series after X. That game was way too flawed (especially story and characterwise) for my taste. I kind of liked XII though, but it didn't come close to VIII, which is my favorite.

Edit: Also, I truly hate how dragons (or whatever this creature was, seemed like one to me) are portrayed as dumb creatures in almost any game. If you see a shitload of mystic symbols appear, you fly the fuck away. Dragons are supposed to be the most intelligent creatures in any world. Supposed being the keyword, they lost this place a long time ago.
You saing that that dragons a dumbass, looked clever to me, especially since it targetted towns and citys first

Old 12-13-2012, 12:26 PM   #114
hanabusa1991
FORCE's Dragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTiger View Post

Bahamut is no joke (; also It's the opening of an MMORPG that'll be released for PS3~

Gotta love the music theme.