NinjaManager Forums
Old 02-03-2014, 01:08 PM   #1
seals-of-9

Default Higher difficulty progression

So seeing as the game has lost a lot of players since Impo and Forbidden were released, making running through those difficulties rather tedious to do. Might I suggest that some kind of change is made to make those difficulties more bearable.

Challenges are far lower than they once were and on higher team xp values, they nearly become non existent. This makes finishing those difficulties and ultimately staying attached to the game rather tough.

Some things that could be considered:
X amount of increased energy regen. This would need to be balanced to bring forbidden mode campers in line with beginner mode ones.
The obvious choice is turning it off for Purple fox, but there are red fox campers too. So perhaps some clever measure needs to be put in place to remove this from red fox campers on Forbidden too.

Free stat point gain for ninjas below level X at Y intervals. If Y were say, 7 days, then it would need to be 7 individual days of logging on, so that long term absence cannot be exploited.

Ultimately I think the game needs something like this to help keep the current playerbase that are progressing, as 6 months+ runs of Impo or Forbidden just seem a bit daunting on the worth-it-o-meter.

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
seals-of-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:44 AM   #2
Seglarkungen
What we play is life

I was done with impossible 1 year and 1-2 months after I started playing. It then took about 5months I think to do FM. So it does take time but it is not as horrible as you describe it unless you do weird setups or are inactive of course. For teams above 5k exp the amount of challanges you get have always been low and it might infact be better now than it was since more ppl have reached high difficulties. Also the amount of exp you get have been ingreased not too long ago.

Hence I do not really see what a change like this would do except get people to camping faster which would dimminish the playerbase on lower exp, quite efficiently killing off the game.

Seglarkungen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:48 PM   #3
xddxdsfiukas
ಠ_ಠ

There are 71 person who completed Forbidden mode and tons of people who completed impossible. So yeah, even if it says "impossible", it's still possible to do, therefore why make them easier? If it's too difficult no one is forcing you to do these modes.
Why people don't play this game anymore is a different question, not really related to higher modes being too slow.
Old 02-04-2014, 02:49 PM   #4
FilipeJC
Filieeee

I agree with seals , all that had been said is true , but spend 1.5 years just to get a fnk , does not atract new players , and it wouldnt . In mine opinion , at level of dificulties the game is perfect , we shouldnt make it easier or harder but I still think , that theres things in game that not all gamers want to do , like spend 1.5 years to get a fnk , why not just make like beg-> fng's , easy -> fnj's , medium -> fnk's , and then hard ,extreme & impo , would be centralized in good LW's , we wouldnt receive any fn beside that we would get a special LW, for exemple , the creation of a hard mission that gives u 100% chance of getting a good LW that can only be obtained by doing this mission , in extreme and impo the same thing and then in forbidden , we could do the same but in forbidden we dont get any lw nor fn, all we get is a chance to change a skin of our's fn's , in mine opinion it would make the game more interesting , but well thats just in mine opinion...
Old 02-04-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie

AA takes to long to get - Give it away
FNKs take to long to get - Give them sooner
LWs are to hard to get - Give them 100% chance drop.

No. AA is already on everyone to make it so that part of the game is quicker we dont need FNKs sooner or LWs with 100% drop. And no the game does not need to be quicker on the harder difficulties they are called Impossible and Forbidden for a reason. And it only took my main 3 months to beat impossible mode so its easy enough already. Forbidden is for people who want a challenge. As for getting new players making the game easier and less rewarding would eliminate them not gain them Something new altogether needs to be added like a new mission, FNS or something but making it easier? No.

- My two cents
dmrmetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:37 PM   #6
FilipeJC
Filieeee

more FNS? Why do u wanna add more FN'S if you dont have people to take them ?
make FNK'S sonner doesnt really needs to make the game easier , and the 100% chance drop was only to replace the bonus fn given in hard , extreme and impo...
About AA , it doesnt take 1.5 year to get ...
But as I said , just mine opinion.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:40 PM   #7
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie

FNS = Forbidden Ninja Summon. Sorry i figured people knew that. (Yannas FNS idea not the other ones).

FNKs dont need to be sooner they are on Impo for a reason.

OH and while I am at it here is the signature rules: http://www.ninjamanager.net/showthread.php?t=708

Im sure a Mod will fix it if you dont
dmrmetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:08 PM   #8
FilipeJC
Filieeee

Alright.
So let the game be like this maybe ppl prefer like it is atm , a bunch of ppl who near can be beaten and a bunch of nubs fighting each others , lets just wait and see when this bunch of nubs get stronger , maybe it wont be more nubs. Or insert FNS [ sumons ] so campers can get stronger , thats the point , to me this argue ends here.

About signature , thanks Ive honestly didnt readed it . already taked it out.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #9
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Make FNK's as easy to get on medium xD lawl that's the funniest thing i've read in ages xD

As a newb player it took me 6 months to complete Beginner, however once i got the gist of the games a flew through all other difficultys until i hit impossible. Even then it took me 6-7 months, and that's classed as a very slow progression.
The problem isn't with the Fn's being hard to reach, it's the players not putting enough effort in to get them.
When i first started the game there was only one FNK (orochimaru) and i wanted him so bad i stuck to the game no matter how tedious it got, by the time i actually got to picking a FNK Mei terumi had just been added .

All this 'make the game easier' BS is annoying, yes the game isn't as popular as when it first started out. Doesn't mean that we should be giving everything away to try and keep people around. if anything that makes things more boring.

I do like Seal's idea of higher progress energy regen however it would be hard to think of some sort of system that doesn't benefit campers, and only helps with progression.

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:14 PM   #10
FilipeJC
Filieeee

And why didnt players put enought effort in get them ? Maybe because it takes ages QQ

The problem actualys resides in the fact of the overpower of FN's , thats why everyone wants them so bad, and want them so bad makes u quit the game when u see you will takes a few time that just demotivates ppl and make them quit... I didnt said put fnk's in medium was the best solution , it only was the first intering in mine head when I was writing...
Old 02-04-2014, 11:15 PM   #11
seals-of-9

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
Make FNK's as easy to get on medium xD lawl that's the funniest thing i've read in ages xD

As a newb player it took me 6 months to complete Beginner, however once i got the gist of the games a flew through all other difficultys until i hit impossible. Even then it took me 6-7 months, and that's classed as a very slow progression.
The problem isn't with the Fn's being hard to reach, it's the players not putting enough effort in to get them.
When i first started the game there was only one FNK (orochimaru) and i wanted him so bad i stuck to the game no matter how tedious it got, by the time i actually got to picking a FNK Mei terumi had just been added .

All this 'make the game easier' BS is annoying, yes the game isn't as popular as when it first started out. Doesn't mean that we should be giving everything away to try and keep people around. if anything that makes things more boring.

I do like Seal's idea of higher progress energy regen however it would be hard to think of some sort of system that doesn't benefit campers, and only helps with progression.
I am completely against making LWs or FNKs easier to get. I just want to make that clear.

What I am suggesting is not to make the game easier, but faster. But not faster than was previously attained by those Impo and Forbidden mode finishers when the game modes first came out. It is a fact that those difficulties are slower now than they were when people had others their own level to fight for Ninja XP on a comparative level. Allowing their challenges received to reach good daily numbers even towards the end of red fox. And those good numbers were not simply: You have 10k team xp and won so all your ninjas get 10 xp. They actually got 20+ on most ninjas because they had a plethora of people on their own level to fight.

My gripe is not about "I don't have the commitment and time to stick with it an get an FNK so make it easier for me". It is about my time being worth less than those teams from 1.5 years ago, simply by virtue of me playing during a less populace era.

Anywho, doubt anything will change at all. It wouldn't be a good business decision to go through the effort. The game is basically just passive income. The system is there, adding FNs doesn't even require much anymore as no change to the world map is required. So basically minimal testing. All in all, the work required would just not be worth it. As the change would do nothing to resurrect the game.

seals-of-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:16 AM   #12
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

I only got like 20-30 challenges per day on both impossible and FM and most of them barely gave any real XP, yet I still finished in ~2-3/6-8 months, which is quite fast

I don't see how you can't reach similar numbers now, especially since the XP gain has been increased, plus you have loads of good targets to use your own energy on which offer the old XP values (it's not a penalty to challenge offline teams, you just don't get the bonus)

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote