NinjaManager Forums
View Poll Results: What Forbidden Summons skins would you prefer? (View the first post for examples.)
The "shiny" FS skins. 6 22.22%
The "animated" FS skins. 7 25.93%
I would like to have both options; two sets of FS skins. 14 51.85%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #21
Yaana
The Spoon Commander

That was an earlier idea of this thread which has now been modified. It was removed since it might be a bit too much to ask of a collector to beat forbidden more than once to get different summons to be able to use different summons for different difficulties.

With the current idea so will the account which beat Forbidden have FS for all skins.

Or, do you mean that it should be as the current idea but the summon which beat Forbidden with especially would be carried over to be used even at pink circled rank when restarting?
Old 05-13-2013, 07:28 PM   #22
VertuHonagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaana View Post
That was an earlier idea of this thread which has now been modified. It was removed since it might be a bit too much to ask of a collector to beat forbidden more than once to get different summons to be able to use different summons for different difficulties.

With the current idea so will the account which beat Forbidden have FS for all skins.

Or, do you mean that it should be as the current idea but the summon which beat Forbidden with especially would be carried over to be used even at pink circled rank when restarting?
Exactly to the last part. That way you can keep the summon you used and it can then be used even at pink level but it still needs to be halfed and costs the same amount of Chakra.

I know that me personally if I was to beat Forbidden mode to keep summons there are only two that I would do it with right now. Nin-Kame and Giant Dogs as they are my two favorite summons in the game and I would love to keep them in my team forever without having to wait to buy them every time. :)

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:34 PM   #23
Yaana
The Spoon Commander

That might be an idea.. As an extra reward. =) We'll see what Udon has to say when I present the idea to him (unless he's seen it already). I do not plan to notify him until I have done a complete set (most likely the shiny one). :)
Old 05-14-2013, 12:02 AM   #24
anson
iHerd uLiek

Quote:
Originally Posted by VertuHonagan View Post
Exactly to the last part. That way you can keep the summon you used and it can then be used even at pink level but it still needs to be halfed and costs the same amount of Chakra.

I know that me personally if I was to beat Forbidden mode to keep summons there are only two that I would do it with right now. Nin-Kame and Giant Dogs as they are my two favorite summons in the game and I would love to keep them in my team forever without having to wait to buy them every time. :)
Using an non-OW summon for Forbidden mode is suicidal so I don't think others will like it.

Or you may make it Impossible mode instead as it is possible to beat it with weaker summons without driving yourself insane.
anson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:59 AM   #25
euras
Pervy Sage

unlocking would be better than using like a forbidden, shiny ones are cool, but gamabunta from animated is really awesome...
euras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #26
Yaana
The Spoon Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by euras View Post
unlocking would be better than using like a forbidden, shiny ones are cool, but gamabunta from animated is really awesome...
Explain further please. :)
Old 05-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #27
Muppmeister
Mupp Member

I say this idea is really cool, I like both the animations and shinies. I say it should be an unlock for beating forbidden, and give you all skins. That way the top tier players can show off alittle to the campers that have the highest rating.

To keep a summon with you from forbidden to have in start as a team even with no charkar reduction, will make a HUGE impact on your early game progress and arena. Also this summon will have the advantage of getting exp since day one, even if you obtained it after karakura or even otherworld on your play through.

This will make summons like Gobi who you get kinda early to finaly not be so over used, but only by the Forbidden champs. Still It would be very scary to see a pink rank run around with Pa Toad or something. And as mentioned before this Pa toad will have had about several thousand matches more played then somebody that has gotten it with normal unlock.

I hope this helps a bit, but my conclusion. Keep it as an unlock, with option to not use if you don't want. Have it on all summons. Don't let them bring a summon with them back, would be too insane. And most important of all, GREAT IDEA, AND AWESOME WORK Yaana!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:18 PM   #28
VertuHonagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppmeister View Post
I say this idea is really cool, I like both the animations and shinies. I say it should be an unlock for beating forbidden, and give you all skins. That way the top tier players can show off alittle to the campers that have the highest rating.

To keep a summon with you from forbidden to have in start as a team even with no charkar reduction, will make a HUGE impact on your early game progress and arena. Also this summon will have the advantage of getting exp since day one, even if you obtained it after karakura or even otherworld on your play through.

This will make summons like Gobi who you get kinda early to finaly not be so over used, but only by the Forbidden champs. Still It would be very scary to see a pink rank run around with Pa Toad or something. And as mentioned before this Pa toad will have had about several thousand matches more played then somebody that has gotten it with normal unlock.

I hope this helps a bit, but my conclusion. Keep it as an unlock, with option to not use if you don't want. Have it on all summons. Don't let them bring a summon with them back, would be too insane. And most important of all, GREAT IDEA, AND AWESOME WORK Yaana!
Experience will not carry over when you reset. So how would it have thousand more matches played? All it does is gives people that have finished everything and want to camp a boost to their full team. As they won't have to wait as long to set up their team in beginner mode.

And bear in mind you can't use summons that are Purple fox to beat Kyuubi. Thus those ones will never be able to be carried and never able to beat gotten before beating Kyuubi. I rather fail to see the problem. But maybe that is because I have not been around as long as people like yaana.

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
VertuHonagan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #29
Muppmeister
Mupp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VertuHonagan View Post
Experience will not carry over when you reset. So how would it have thousand more matches played? All it does is gives people that have finished everything and want to camp a boost to their full team. As they won't have to wait as long to set up their team in beginner mode.

And bear in mind you can't use summons that are Purple fox to beat Kyuubi. Thus those ones will never be able to be carried and never able to beat gotten before beating Kyuubi. I rather fail to see the problem. But maybe that is because I have not been around as long as people like yaana.

My point was, you normaly get a summon on gold rank or later. Count how many wins you achieve by going through those ranks in Arena, all those will be exp to the summon. which means you get a higher lvl summon alot quicker, and then if you just trick around like some ppl do you can squeeze in a good summon into forbidden, and lvl more then usualy. and if you beat then you can camp a low rank for the rest of your time being unstoppable.

Did this explain my theory more?
Old 05-14-2013, 08:14 PM   #30
Yaana
The Spoon Commander

It was decided quite early with the idea that if there is a summon you can not get until gold then it will remain as such. Hence, a suggestion where you get to keep a certain summon after reset will be denied because of it's unfairness. It is also one of the reasons that FS has been shot down several times before I brought the idea up again.
Old 05-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #31
Muppmeister
Mupp Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaana View Post
It was decided quite early with the idea that if there is a summon you can not get until gold then it will remain as such. Hence, a suggestion where you get to keep a certain summon after reset will be denied because of it's unfairness. It is also one of the reasons that FS has been shot down several times before I brought the idea up again.
Then Go for it, it's brilliant!
Old 05-14-2013, 08:17 PM   #32
Yaana
The Spoon Commander

Thank you for your support! :)
Old 12-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #33
Yaana
The Spoon Commander

No, I have not forgotten about this. I have been a bit troubled by the shine effect I use and got to the conclusion that I can use it but put it on 100 % opacity and overlay instead for a better effect. Therefor; revised the shiny animation:

Spoiler:

Hopefully I can achieve a good quality with all the summons. If anyone would like to help or want a PSD file (to achieve the exact same animation) then message me. :)

Edit: The upgraded shine ones have also been put in the first post so that they can be compared to the first versions.

Last edited by Yaana; 12-23-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Yaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #34
RushLove
so, are you a stalker?

This is so...wondrous Yaana. Very nice!!

Alt:

*It's for fun:)
RushLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #35
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

That shine looks awesome tbh :)

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 11:41 AM   #36
xddxdsfiukas
ಠ_ಠ

10/10 would use. implement this faster pls