NinjaManager Forums
Old 10-16-2016, 06:06 PM   #1
4night4
Dissappear :]

Default [IDEA] SN seal to 0

Alright everyone here is a idea that I would like to throw out to everyone and get everyone thoughts and opinions on. This would be the changing of the starting ninja, starting seal to 0. In case you are confused this would mean the ninja you choose when you start the game would now start at seal 0 rather than -4 or 8 etc.

Visual Example

Tayuya Seal would now be 0 instead of -6 when you choose her.

Now onto the reason. I feel like by having every starting ninja seal at 0 this would allow people to freely pick whatever ninja they want rather then feeling that they can't pick x because y has a lower seal so therefore why would i pick x over y.This would hopefully bring more diversity to NM2 in terms of starting ninja and potentially team building as people can decide what they want their ninja seal to be more freely.

Anyway i lets hear what you guys have to say about this the good and the bad .

Last edited by 4night4; 10-16-2016 at 06:10 PM.
4night4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 06:14 PM   #2
udon
Catpain
Admin

Some initial thoughts:

Good:
- Every starter gets the "rewarding" effect of having to upgrade their seal every 4 levels instead of hitting max fast.

Bad:
- Might just reduce variety since not all ninjas will be equal in abilities, tai/nin etc. Some with worse stats might have a better starting seal that will let you reach -10 or +10 before completing game.

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:00 AM   #3
tihoa
BW Something or Other

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
Some initial thoughts:

Good:
- Every starter gets the "rewarding" effect of having to upgrade their seal every 4 levels instead of hitting max fast.

Bad:
- Might just reduce variety since not all ninjas will be equal in abilities, tai/nin etc. Some with worse stats might have a better starting seal that will let you reach -10 or +10 before completing game.
Most ninjas will reach -10 or +10 before completing the game on any difficulty besides Beginner, so it isn't really much of an issue, especially with the starting seal bonus. I used Tobi for Beginner and even he made it to Seal 9 before the end. It would also increase the number of options that ninjas have (though some ninjas already have unsynchronized abilities like Pain and Tobi). With having multiple jutsu/item choices, it really won't be much of a problem and might add more strategies in higher difficulties as well.

Right now, the game desperately needs viable ninjas choices. Many of the ninjas feel inferior right now and it is forcing players to choose from only a few viable ones. These viable choices will also reduce in number later in the higher difficulties because of the significantly reduced chakra.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:44 AM   #4
Azreal
Darkness Reincarnated

OK so allow me to pipe in for a sec, you say there are few viable choices, but you have yet to say why, no one has really said why. So if you are wanting to see more viable ninja choices, then the best way is explain what you think is wrong. This doesn't mean try to explain what you think needs to be added or subtracted from stats or abilities, but a brief summary of what you think is wrong. If needed i can provide examples of what i mean.

Event Team
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:23 PM   #5
4night4
Dissappear :]

Note: skip to bottom for summary

Personally i feel as if viable is not really the correct term to be discussing this is a game which resolves around levels. Every ninja can can clear a difficulty given enough time. Think a better way to describe it is strength. lets look at Gaara and Nagato are the some of the strongest starters for LS NIN. Due their seal, both having a seal of -5.This means they reach seal -10 at level 12. If you compare that to Ino and Shino they start at seal 0 and -4 respectively.Both will most likely tend towards LS NIN and will reach seal -10 at a later stage. When choosing a team for LS NIN don't Garaa, Nagato just have a outright better advantage excluding stats/abilities/combo/village? So adjusting everyone to seal 0 would help nullify this advantage.

Visuals

So essentially i think that is the problem albeit it is not as huge but the changing of SN to seal 0 Will greater affect the extremes rather than the normal. Like taking Nagato to seal 10 if you wanted to it is now feasible. If you want to bring stats/abilities into it. Then Stats i feel for the most part have being distributed fairly among the SN and extra Stat points are still giving to those ninja who are on the weaker side to bring them in line. And Udon's concern of stat growth imo has been taking care of by Evolved Forms of the SN. With everyone having a atk growth of 2.3-2.6. Some abilities will be unequal compared to to others and that's fine if every ability is the same strength then the game would be stale but they are never so ridiculously they 100% outclass for example some are better for arena some for wm.

One of the downsides I can currently see is that in beginner/easy you wont max out your seal to 10 or -10 as it would take till level 32. Though potential solution is giving a extra seal change or 2 when TM to reduce the level needed.

Visuals
Before Evolved

After

Summary:
-Some SN just have better seal compared to others making Them stronger seal 0 would put this ninjas on a better playing field even before stats/abilities.
-Stats are equalized by Evolved SN mid-early game and early they are made up by extra stat points.
-Improves the amount of options for every SN as they can freely go LS/HS which in turn increase the amount of teams they can be fitted on.
-Abilities shouldn't be a deciding factor due to how seals work for SN.
-Downside is that SN wont reach seal +/-10 on beginner/easy though this can be worked around e.g extra seal for TM.

Last edited by 4night4; 10-17-2016 at 02:30 PM.
4night4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:07 PM   #6
Azreal
Darkness Reincarnated

i can see what you are saying, and appreciate the fact that you dont think our abilities are downright op compared to others in this iteration of the game. i do however still agree with udon, and i will explain my reasoning behind this. While i do see your point that it makes it harder to choose a different SN, that is the point, i know at least for me it is. I want people to have to plan through what they do, i want them to have to calculate what it will take to reach their goal, i want people to have a goal to strive for in this game, and i believe that there is nothing presently wrong with the diverse system of seals we have in place as it is. Do i think they need better diversity, yes, do i think the solution is put everyone at 0, no and i never will. I want certain ninjas to be better for certain roles, that is the point in adding new seal stats on certain ninjas. Genjutsu Mastery, Genjutsu Activation, Bukijutsu Mastery, the list goes on. There are both benefits and drawbacks for everything in this game and that is what makes it challenging. I believe it would be best to just add a better spread for certain ninjas, but so far i see no overwhelming reason to add a starter seal at 0 for every ninja in the game. Just my input, and i know Udon is the final judge, but just giving my opinion.

Event Team
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote