Why So Serious¿

Guess I should post the links. Lul.

Hyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #22
Monkeyboyer
Deviously Clever

Are you guys tstill reading the manga?

Spoiler:

I found it strange that Cait Shelter was all done for "that girl" who's name I've forgotten. However that chapters are going good and I hopeanother interesting fight will pop up. I think the "Steel Dragon Slayer" who's name I also forgot will be coming up in the next few chapters because he doesn't have a fly cat xD
Monkeyboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:34 PM   #23
kzaries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkeyboyer View Post
Are you guys tstill reading the manga?

Spoiler:

I found it strange that Cait Shelter was all done for "that girl" who's name I've forgotten. However that chapters are going good and I hopeanother interesting fight will pop up. I think the "Steel Dragon Slayer" who's name I also forgot will be coming up in the next few chapters because he doesn't have a fly cat xD
Steel DS probably abandoned his cat.
kzaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:53 PM   #24
Samehada_fan
Ban an Sidhe

it's an OK manga. I read it, but i don't find it very interesting. When the series began, they introduced Lucy as the main character - at least, that's what I thought. But I should have known better - this is shounen after all. Of course a guy - Natsu - comes in and steals the spotlight. It took me a while to realize that he was at least as central to the plot as Lucy, whom i liked. But for some reason the author seems to dislike summons, since almost all are ugly/useless. A guy dressed up as a horse? Couldn'ät he have come up with anything better?
At the same time Natsu gets to blast all the bad guys into oblivion - he doesn't train, like naruto or Ichigo, he just gets power-ups with intervals. The other two series, and One Piece and others included, are extremely unrealistic when it comes to gaining strength(learning Rasengan in one week? Gaining access to Gear 2+3 WITHOUT training?), but he doesn't seem to train at all. He's given power-ups from other sources than himself - sometimes given. Poor, poor Lucy...

There are however a few characters I like: Grey, because he's a funny guy who likes to strip and detests Natsu. Erza because she is so insanely strong and can summon godlike wepons and armour. Mistgun because...well, he's just Mistgun. And Luxus. You just gotta love his headphones(?), and his atitude and looks are incredible. The fact that he can rape almost anyone in Fairy Tail with his little toe is also why I like him. Of course there might be others as well, but these are the major ones.

the graphic style that is used is simple, without a lot of depth. The same can be said about Naruto and Bleach(especially OP). You get a nice soft inviting feeling, which is fine.

The great flaw with FT, and Naruto in some degree and many other shounen are a lack of character development. In Naruto manga they are starting to show real, true, sincere emotions( at last). The whole "Itachi-was-really-a-good-guy"-thing was also a nice twist by Kishi. But that stage hasn't been reached in FT.

Anyhow, the series aren't bad, but not particulary good either. OWrth a try, if you wnat something to read. If you want a shounen with depth i recommend FMA, though.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:46 AM   #25
shawnonline
Fuck You Luna!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samehada_fan View Post
it's an OK manga. I read it, but i don't find it very interesting. When the series began, they introduced Lucy as the main character - at least, that's what I thought. But I should have known better - this is shounen after all. Of course a guy - Natsu - comes in and steals the spotlight. It took me a while to realize that he was at least as central to the plot as Lucy, whom i liked. But for some reason the author seems to dislike summons, since almost all are ugly/useless. A guy dressed up as a horse? Couldn'ät he have come up with anything better?
At the same time Natsu gets to blast all the bad guys into oblivion - he doesn't train, like naruto or Ichigo, he just gets power-ups with intervals. The other two series, and One Piece and others included, are extremely unrealistic when it comes to gaining strength(learning Rasengan in one week? Gaining access to Gear 2+3 WITHOUT training?), but he doesn't seem to train at all. He's given power-ups from other sources than himself - sometimes given. Poor, poor Lucy...

There are however a few characters I like: Grey, because he's a funny guy who likes to strip and detests Natsu. Erza because she is so insanely strong and can summon godlike wepons and armour. Mistgun because...well, he's just Mistgun. And Luxus. You just gotta love his headphones(?), and his atitude and looks are incredible. The fact that he can rape almost anyone in Fairy Tail with his little toe is also why I like him. Of course there might be others as well, but these are the major ones.

the graphic style that is used is simple, without a lot of depth. The same can be said about Naruto and Bleach(especially OP). You get a nice soft inviting feeling, which is fine.

The great flaw with FT, and Naruto in some degree and many other shounen are a lack of character development. In Naruto manga they are starting to show real, true, sincere emotions( at last). The whole "Itachi-was-really-a-good-guy"-thing was also a nice twist by Kishi. But that stage hasn't been reached in FT.

Anyhow, the series aren't bad, but not particulary good either. OWrth a try, if you wnat something to read. If you want a shounen with depth i recommend FMA, though.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Last edited by shawnonline; 01-05-2010 at 10:50 AM.
shawnonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #26
Samehada_fan
Ban an Sidhe

Eh, was that supposed to be an answer? Or just a cry for attention? What's your agenda, just writing 'ZZZZZZZZ'?
Old 01-05-2010, 07:01 PM   #27
Monkeyboyer
Deviously Clever

Well, I have to say, that why'll you have a point, I still think it's awesome :P

And well, I guess all the best Manga do have male Characters who are essentially the main character, however I do feel that Lucy, as well as other females in others, plays a crucial role in the plot.

In this I feel Lucy is the one who takes us through everything and gives us an experience. However I do have to say that the whole idea behind stellar mages, sounded cool at first. However, they don't seem to be all that good now.

As for Mistgun, he has to be my favourite Character, everything he does is just awesome.
Monkeyboyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 07:30 PM   #28
Samehada_fan
Ban an Sidhe

Indeed, stellar mages could have been really awsome and powerful, but unfortunately that's not the case. Lucy should be the only main character - Natsu shouldn't be there at all. Why give the reader the impression that Lucy is running the show, when Natsu gets all the great stuff? When will the Japanesne authors grow up, and pay more attention to the girls? I would have loved a female Ichigo/Naruto/Tsuna/Sena/Luffy-like character.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:50 PM   #29
RaiStorM
Tsundere Lover

♥♥Erza♥sama♥♥ the only reason to watch FT ... :P

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy
RaiStorM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:05 AM   #30
ducksennin

I love Fairy Tail, i like Gray because he's always inappropriately stripping.
ducksennin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:55 AM   #31
Samehada_fan
Ban an Sidhe

I must say that FT has grown on me. While I still believe Lucy is way to weak and Natsu way too powerful, it is a good manga/anime. My favourite character so far is Luxus - I know he's called "Laxus" in the anime but it sounds so stupid. "Luxus" sounds way cooler. Anyway, not only is he the third-most powerful character in FT(the guild, not the series) he is so completely bad-ass.

Mistgun, Gray and Erza are also favourites. It's too bad Mirajane doesn't fight - her latent power is immense( she was an S-class on Erza's level, after all).

Btw, the soundtrack is nice too.
Old 10-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #32
Scarlet
Lullaby

Natsu is the only one that can look bad-ass and have pink hair at the same time.

Fariy tail is great , one of the things I like most are the EPIC soundtracks. <3
Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #33
Reborn_Prodigy
Shinigami

I love fairy tale!!

~Signature made by me~
Reborn_Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 07:49 AM   #34
MissWatcher

Fairy Tail has a good story line but It lacks the Fight scene ! but still good anime to watch XD
Old 10-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #35
MissWatcher

grey's funny and jullia they are cute together
Old 10-30-2010, 03:32 AM   #36
Aexon
Infernity

fairy tail's soundtrack pales in comparison to other animes
Old 10-30-2010, 03:44 AM   #37
Kunai
Decimo

Are you kidding me? FT's soundtrack is awesome. -_-
Kunai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:43 AM   #38
NiTrOg3n

yeah... he must be joking :)) let's laugh :))

Are you out of animes to watch?! Check out my list ;)
NiTrOg3n's Anime List
NiTrOg3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 05:00 PM   #39
Aexon
Infernity

if i was joking i would have added an lol at the end
Old 10-30-2010, 08:48 PM   #40
NiTrOg3n

hmmm ok... that's fine. so you weren't joking. When u say something like that you should add "in my opinion"... not everyone thinks like you or have the same tastes. I say that fairy tail's soundtrack's are very good and I haven't heard better ones in a single anime like I did in FT... there are few. well that is my opinion and I can also show some examples for that not just words

Are you out of animes to watch?! Check out my list ;)
NiTrOg3n's Anime List
NiTrOg3n is offline   Reply With Quote