NinjaManager Forums
Old 12-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #41
Yaana
The Spoon Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroMaano View Post
A manager type of game (or actually, any type of game for the matter) needs variety. I don't like it when people are "forced" to use a specific lineup because of some combo or bloodline or anything like that. Because then, you'd see everyone with the same team and it'd be pointless.

I'm not saying no to combos/bloodlines or whatever the case is. The combos should bring minimal bonuses that would rise otherwise useless ninjas to a decent state for example.

Not sure if I've made myself clear enough.
Or have so many various combos that it doesn't matter what you chose? :P
Old 12-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #42
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

*Grins foxily* I like the idea of some bloodlines being exclusive to those who are a certain element and certainly gives element changing more of a risk factor that should be discussed further if this is added in. Also, if you want to add elemental restrictions on bloodlines, i would recommend checking out Narutopedia as they have a good list of bloodlines and even know some of the elements that goes into the bloodlines creation. Although, some like Crystal release and Gaara's Sand and his Dads Gold Release are more obvious just by looking at them, and some like wood release have been explained already in the series.

I am also all for the rivalry things. It will make things alot more interesting i think. I can come up with a few examples, but will have to do them later as my browser has crashed twice already while trying to make a long list. I would also like to suggest that maybe the two characters that the rivalry activates for have a comment box and given dialogue before when they face each other. Also, these rivalry bonuses shouldnt activate during story missions and if FN's dont get combo boosts, then rivalrys should defitnally be considered as an alternative for them.

Rival Combos
Former Best Friends: Jiraiya Vs Orochimaru
Love/Hate Relationship: Jiraiya Vs Tsunade
I Can Bring Them Back: Tsunade Vs Orochimaru
Avenge The Uchiha: Sasuke Vs Itachi
Vengeance For Itachi 1: Sasuke Vs Hiruzen
Vengeance For Itachi 2: Sasuke Vs Danzo
Best Friends: Naruto Vs Sasuke
Don't Hurt My Naruto-kun: Hinata Vs Sakura
Hyuuga Hairess: Hinata Vs Hanabi
Hyuuga conflict: Hinata Vs Neji
Zombie Combo: Hidan Vs Kakuzu
God Complex: Pain Vs Konan
Artistic Critic: Sasori Vs Deidara
Former Partners: Sasori Vs Orochimaru
Best Criminal Team: Itachi Vs Kisame
Boom Goes The Tobi: Tobi (Obito) Vs Deidara
I'll Take Your Sharingan: Itachi Vs Orochimaru
I'll Take Your Rinnegan: Pain (Nagato) Vs Orochimaru
I'll Take Your Body: Sasuke Vs Orochimaru
Massacre Associates: Itachi Vs Tobi (Obito)
Unforgivable betrayal: Pain (Nagato) Vs Tobi (Obito)
The Pillar And The Darkness: Konan Vs Tobi (Obito)
A New Master: Sasori Vs Kabuto
Two against Two: Kiba Vs Sakon
Another Troublesome Girl: Shikamaru Vs Tayuya
Webbed Up Bird: Neji Vs Kidoumaru
Fatty Fight: Chouji Vs Jiroubou
Orochimaru's Future Vessel: Sasuke Vs Kimimaro
Unpredictable Fighter: Rock Lee Vs Kimimaro
Sand Reinforcement 1: Gaara Vs Kimimaro
Sand Reinforcement 2: Temari Vs Tayuya
Sand Reinforcement 3: Kankarou Vs Sakon
Terminal Illness Powerhouse's: Itachi Vs Kimimaro

FORCE Susanoo Slayers (Possible last Impossible mode before NM2! Watch your back, Madara Uchiha!)
I have a big, hungry, and easily pissed off white fox beside me...your argument is invalid.

Last edited by shywhitefox; 12-24-2014 at 09:29 PM.
shywhitefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #43
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

What about multiple ninjas out at the same time. It would work well with rivalrys as well if only certain ninjas got powered up

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #44
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
What about multiple ninjas out at the same time. It would work well with rivalrys as well if only certain ninjas got powered up
Hmmmm...i dunno about the multible thing, especially since Ninjamanager has always don 1 vs 1, but perhaps the rivalry effect can transfer to characters further down the line.

Example: first matchup is Sasuke Vs Itachi. Sasuke gets 20 Ninjutsu and 35 lightning damage while Itachi gets 20 Genjutsu and 25 Fire damage. After the match is over, the effect stays on the winning character or the defeated parties allies for 2-3 additional turns (Unless canceled out by follow-up rival combo)

Their a tons of combos you can do with MANY diffirent characters, even if they never directly met each other. 3 examples that come to mind are Kimimaro and Itachi since both of them have a terminal illness. Kimimaro and Kaguya, are a good match as Kimimaro is probably a distance relative since he has the same eyebrows, kekkei Genkai with the bones (but far weaker) and came from the "Kaguya Clan". and then there is Orochimaru Vs Hidan or Kakazu since the former desires to live forever, which these two have already achived. (Kakazu anyway, its unknown if Hidan just cant die and will still age and die naturally.)

FORCE Susanoo Slayers (Possible last Impossible mode before NM2! Watch your back, Madara Uchiha!)
I have a big, hungry, and easily pissed off white fox beside me...your argument is invalid.

Last edited by shywhitefox; 12-25-2014 at 08:13 PM.
shywhitefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2014, 09:13 PM   #45
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

See i think rivalrys should just stick to those involved and the effect goes once all of the effected ninjas get taken out

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
Old 12-26-2014, 12:21 PM   #46
udon
Catpain
Admin

It could work with transfering rivalry bonuses to the next matchup and so on. Might make for some strategic boss fights where youwanna start off with sasuke against itachi or something.

Another idea i had was village specific missions that drop unique material. Im looki.g to add a fun unlockable village too where you need lots of thoseu.ique material to open up! So youll haveto play different villages to unlock it. Perhaps itwould work out if you regain all material on reset, so you can chooseto just tryunlock it fasterthan beating the game x times... This way you can saveup material for lw as well.

A little idea i had was similarto breeding in GM, but instead of combining ninjas to get a new one (lol...) you just send a combination of 2 ninjas to hunt for material with different find chance%. Forexample sasuke+itachi have a chanceto find some uchiha related material for crafting a sharingan bloodline recipe thingy etc. Perhaps you can choose to either take the low% chance for 1 day, or send them on a 100% find which. Can take month(s) depending on rarity. This duration could also be decreased by having friends click a link that help the ninjas cover areas, to a certain extent ofc to prevent abuse.

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #47
udon
Catpain
Admin

More effects, "affect entire team", for example a boss dies/enters and puts a jutsu on allyou ninjas reducing taijutsu by 50%, disabling genjutsu or smth like that. For those bosses u could try equipping items thatblock such effects or have a "cure" on enter genjutsu block.

Newgame+, instead of geting all fn/lw from start, u get 1 per crystal. Makes it less stompy against newbies just starting, and u have to plan early game more, not just putyour 3 fng there and never bother with genins again. Sure chakra sets limitations but... Not sure how much.

also increase or add ninja space upgrades if the ninja-pair-itemhunting is added,since they are gone hunting items while taking up 2 slots (not on lineup)

Old 12-26-2014, 04:27 PM   #48
Carlimas
The People's Champion

I'd focus on improvements that require cooperation between players/teams rather than ingame mechanics for solo players.

From atop of my head:

uber bosses - mission that is 3x stronger than kyuubi, but 3 teams can participate in a fight.

"conquer-able" artifacts that would give some bonuses for an entire clan, with some sort of siege system, where other clans could overtake them.

buying/selling market of ingredients for LWs/usable items.

etc etc
Carlimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 11:42 AM   #49
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Missions where you can take AI versions of a friends team with your own.

Old 12-27-2014, 02:15 PM   #50
XeroMaano
Vampire

I remember suggesting something similar a while ago...
Something post-story where you would get a "Team" gauge or something that you would use instead of normal world energy to clear really hard missions with the help of other teams.

That would be really great tbh.
Old 12-28-2014, 11:14 AM   #51
udon
Catpain
Admin

Clans and stuff like raids/clan missions is something I'll have to do once the core game is finished... If the core is not good enough, players arent gonna mess with clans.

It'll also take a lot of thinking getting those "coop"/buying/selling/market things right. Otherwise it'll just turn into an exploit-fest where the one with the most accounts and sneakiest IP's destroy everything, making it seem unbalanced and not-worth playing for others who don't wanna put time into (or dont want to) cheat.

I also think there's quite a big portion of players who don't wanna interact that much (me included) and just wanna play the game on their own. But sure, social stuff is a huge thing and I'm looking into integrating forums/messaging and stuff, as well as making a better clan system (ideas are welcome, but for now I need to focus on actually getting the basics and core done :P).

Here's a design mockup of a teaminfo sneak peak (when hovering teams in arena etc) and hovering items for more info. I plan on using different colors for items and different brightness of the colors to indicate rarity. For example bloodlines (pink->red), legendary weapons (yellow->orange) and so on.

Old 12-28-2014, 02:36 PM   #52
XaK0R
KURO Representative

this looks really cool :)

"copies 102" , does that indicate that the lw exists on 102 teams in total ? or is it the sell value ?

Cause I'd find it really cool if it indicated how many teams have that lw ;)

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on Classic.NinjaManager.com!
XaK0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 02:40 PM   #53
XeroMaano
Vampire

looks nice.
And "copies" should mean how many of that LW exist out there. I think.
Old 12-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #54
Hisoka
Ryodan

This is awesome, I am really looking forward to this NM 2.0
and I am just curious about this bloodline

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
Here are some bloodlines I mapped out;

Code:
    bloodlines
    ----------
    some ninjas/clans can learn certain bloodlines faster (hyuuga <> byakugan etc)
    can upgrade certain bloodlines -> to better versions, with different stats
    some bloodlines are element based, the ninja needs 1 of those elements to use it
    maybe: bloodlines have slightly scalable stats, level them up by fighting ninjas with same bloodline?
    craft bloodlines with material, some bloodlines (sharingan) requires sharingan-user to be sacrificed (example Sasuke lvl 10)?
        example; sharingan (+10 ninjutsu, +5% reroll) increases each level with (+1 ninjutsu, +0.5% reroll)
        soft caps pretty low (lv ~10?) so its easier to determine how strong a ninja is
    +++ = approx strength

- byakugan                        +++
        -> tenseigan                +++++

- sharingan                        +++
        -> mangekyo sharingan        ++++
            -> eternal mangekyo        +++++
            -> rinne sharingan        +++++
        different versions of each eternal/mangekyo with different stats?
        itachi, sasuke, madara-version etc, harder to lvl up when you upgrade (need to battle against similar version)

- rinnegan                        ++++
        -> rinne sharingan            +++++

- boil release                    +++
        fire/water

- crystal release                +
        earth
        strong against earth, water
        weak against lightn, fire, wind

- dark release                    ++
        movie filler

- dust release                    +++
        earth/wind/fire

- explosion release                ++
        deidara

- ice release                    ++
        wind/water
        strong against fire

- berserker                        +
        juugo bloodline, natural energy absorption
        <> cursed seal

- lava release                    ++
        fire/earth

- magnet release                ++
        wind/earth

- disruption                    +++
        filler, ranmaru
        block enemy bloodline somehow

- scorch release                +
        fire/wind
        weak against water

- shikotsumyaku                    ++++
        dead bone pulse, kimimaro

- steel release                    ++
        movie filler

- storm release                    ++
        lightn/water

- swift release                    +
        movie filler

- wood release                    ++++
        earth/water
instead of using rinnesharingan, how about you combine both bloodline? so you gain both effect and bonus effect of that combine, but of course you have to acquire certain material/beat certain mission. Also it would be awesome if there is combine legendary weapon, but I am afraid it would be too confusing. Well it just my opinion though. :)

Hisoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 03:56 PM   #55
udon
Catpain
Admin

Xakor: "Copies" would be a number of how many teams have that item, yep :) If you have suggestions of more info like that which could be useful do tell. "Tier" would just be some number assigned to the item of how strong it is.

Hisoka: I think it might be a good idea to keep it simple since it's already quite a bit of +bonus stats from items, lw, bloodline etc :P If you are talking about combining a bit of everything that is (multiple bloodlines into one). If you are only talking about the "upgrading to rinne sharingan" then I haven't decided on how to yet, but most likely you level up the previous bloodline and then craft if together with new material/bloodlines, so it's gonna be hard and expensive to get those +++++ bloodlines. Rinne sharingan is a bit special and is put under Sharingan and Rinnegan since it's connected to both eyes. So I guess it might be some kind of combination of both eyes +stats! LW crafting will be there too, maybe crafting old LW + material into a new LW can be too!

I'll also try making these powerups affect ninjas a bit less than currently, so the ninjas are a little bit more in focus and not the 3 lws boosting a ninja by 500% or something, making the ninja itself quite unimportant.

Old 12-28-2014, 11:30 PM   #56
Hisoka
Ryodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
Xakor: "Copies" would be a number of how many teams have that item, yep :) If you have suggestions of more info like that which could be useful do tell. "Tier" would just be some number assigned to the item of how strong it is.

Hisoka: I think it might be a good idea to keep it simple since it's already quite a bit of +bonus stats from items, lw, bloodline etc :P If you are talking about combining a bit of everything that is (multiple bloodlines into one). If you are only talking about the "upgrading to rinne sharingan" then I haven't decided on how to yet, but most likely you level up the previous bloodline and then craft if together with new material/bloodlines, so it's gonna be hard and expensive to get those +++++ bloodlines. Rinne sharingan is a bit special and is put under Sharingan and Rinnegan since it's connected to both eyes. So I guess it might be some kind of combination of both eyes +stats! LW crafting will be there too, maybe crafting old LW + material into a new LW can be too!

I'll also try making these powerups affect ninjas a bit less than currently, so the ninjas are a little bit more in focus and not the 3 lws boosting a ninja by 500% or something, making the ninja itself quite unimportant.
Not everything, since eye just 2, it would be logical maximal combine is 2 bloodline, if it were everything it just too confusing also too OP.
Awesome! Crafting old LW+ material to gain new LW (: I like it. Also if I start in South Leaf, and I choose Hyuuga Neji, default bloodline would be byakugan? How about I start in Neo, example Kidoumaru, he didnt have bloodline, so it would be random? I think it might be better if the bloodline is not default/random, so bloodline you want, it doesn't have to be that character.

Hisoka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:18 AM   #57
teamreaper

I love the ideas of Nm 2.0, especially the idea that it will be fully compatible with phone/tablets.

One thing I currently don't like about NM atm is that it has been dying. A major problem with that is actually that there isn't enough advertising for it. However, I think that the lack of phone/tablet compatibility may have had something to do with it.

To make it even more popular though, I ask that this idea be taken one step further by turning it into an android, iphone, and windows app as well. I don't know if that would be too expensive but I do know that the increased awareness and availability of the game itself would increase the popularity of the game.

I am a bit hesitant about making everyone be able to unlock "sharingan" or "rinnesharigan." The game just wouldn't be "Naruto" if that happened. I am also not the biggest fan of original characters as well. However, if the idea of being balanced is the main concern, the team can have the bonus of "sharingan/rinnesharigan", instead of the individual ninjas themselves.

I like the new ideas of dialogues and ideas of rivalries. I also like the idea of combos that are from the original ninjamanager. I also see a problem with their being overpowered and etc and so maybe, like already suggested, the power won't be too strong. Nonetheless, I do like the fact that the game would have more variety and that we'd be able to have more Naruto-like experiences.
teamreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #58
teamreaper

I feel like we should get to play nm more instead of just playing a waiting game. At the same time, I do like the current pace of nm, although impo and fm seem to take forever.

My suggestion for that is simple: if we're removing naruto energy (not the storyline - I actually enjoyed the lore, although made-up), I would like a "clan/alliance energy", with which we could do some of the clan activities that I've seen posted. We could get a lot of the clan energy so that we can actively play throughout the day. Likewise, an idea stolen from gaiamon, is the idea of stored energy in forms of something like fruits (but not exactly fruits since Naruto ninjas don't really rely on fruits).

This energy could be pooled, which means that clanmates would have to discuss how to use energy. Therefore, more conversation could arise between clanmates. Another possibility could be that the energy could be divided evenly between clanmates, which means that each clanmate would have to actively log in to the game and build or otherwise use the energy. Either idea, particularly the second, could easily form a fair ranking system.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:59 AM   #59
teamreaper

If nothing else gets added, definitely the lw crafting system should be implemented. The most frustrating part about nm is hunting an lw for 3 months when it should have taken you only 2 weeks. This is even worst when someone else gets it in first try or even first day, especially on an event, where the idea is a race where wits and team-making abilities are tested. If the lw-crafting system can be implemented, by which we would have an lw system that more accurately matches the average time expected, implement it. :o

As for the abilities, they could go if they really must :/ I definitely would PREFER that they STAY. Their effects don't have to be OP but I mean it's naruto lol. Approximately a third (Ok maybe a small hyperbole) of the story revolves around chakra and jutsu usage :/.

Take out the jutsus and add a boat+sea: what do you get? One piece? jk lol but you get the idea haha.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:32 AM   #60
udon
Catpain
Admin

Hisoka: You don't start with bloodlines, they are kind of late game. The lesser bloodlines will be available earlier tho.

Reaper: There's not nearly enough time to make an app too, not to mention for multiple systems (that run well AND is maintained). I have also never made an app before lol! It's not possible to just put money in a box and things will automatically work out :P Paying people to do it would not ensure a good product either, and would certainly cost a small fortune if it's gonna be a higher chance of getting it good.

I'll of course try get the game work as good as possible out of the box, so you could just save the page to home screen and it'll open up in you tablet browser, and you can pretend it's an app ;)

The better bloodlines are supposed to be late game, and well, pretty much anyone CAN get sharingans etc in Naruto :P Just pluck their eyes out and put in whatever you want :) Maybe there can be a limit of 1 of the same bloodline per team or something. There are more stuff that is non-Naruto with the LW's imo.

We should almost have a separate topic for clan changes since it's getting so many ideas.

About the "fruits from gaiamon", that was actually a somewhat of a bad idea in hindsight. It felt like I didn't have to log in and play, I could just collect energy, I never felt like I wanted to purchase some bonus energy which means no income for the game and no money to buy advertising, server rent and so on. Collecting some kind of energy could work but it would have to be thought about, I fear there's just gonna be multi-accounts all around harvesting energy and I (and the other mods, hi Aeno) spend way too much time trying to shut the down, killing all joy for the game we have.

The LW crafting system is gonna happen. I'm wondering what else to do with the crafting, if I'm gonna keep the regular items in shop (stamina pill, shuriken etc) or have some kind of "low level items" being craftable so the crafting system is actually used, and not just for LW's, which are kind of rarely crafted. Perhaps like gaiamon where you get lots of small material items, and then those can be crafted to upgraded versions which are handed in as special mission items in exchange for something (the ANBU village could request those).

I'm not gonna remove abilities, I just wanted to nerf the importance of mainly LW's.