NinjaManager Forums

Old 05-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
Minaro
Semi-retired

Default Things that are missing in the in-game tutorial

I often redirect people in the chat to the in-game tutorial, where all of the basics of the game are available, and is as such the first place a new player should visit. Something I've noticed lately, however, is that multiple people even after having read the tutorial are completely unaware of some things. In short, vital information is missing from the tutorial.

I'm asking anyone who knows information they think should be available in the tutorial and isn't, to post here.

First of all, I didn't find anything mentioned about the ability to halve chakra costs in the Chakra topic of the tutorial, which may be why some of the people I help are so completely unaware of the fact that they can.

Second, the Legendary Weapon section should mention something about the fact that there are some Legendary Weapons that can only drop on the first time you complete a mission, and that all(?) Legendary items have a higher chance to drop the first time you do a mission with a Legendary item. Just to make sure people have understood that, it should also mention that there's no limit to how many times you can try to find a Legendary item (one person I spoke to believed, due to the vague mention of the update on the home page, that all Legendary items could only be found the first time you do a mission), except for the items that require Item find to even be findable.
Minaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:12 PM   #2
Minaro
Semi-retired

Updating, and bumping the thread (excuse me for the double post).

Add to the tutorial the fact that someone who is Kage cannot restart their team, but must wait until someone takes the Kage post from them. I also highly recommend you add a notice about this to the Kage Challenges that are sent out, so that the people who accept the Kage challenges actually know they won't be able to restart their team while they are Kage.
Old 06-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #3
Minaro
Semi-retired

Another bump and update.

Refer to this thread, put in the information about being able to keep Legendary items:
http://www.ninjamanager.net/showthre...=2701#post2701
Old 06-03-2009, 07:03 AM   #4
udon
Catpain
Admin

I will take care of this, I just need to finish up some other things first. Ladder system takes a lot of time for example :)

Keep the missing info coming :)
udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #5
Minaro
Semi-retired

Yes, I know very well how busy you must be. I'll be adding any missing information as I come by it, and I encourage anyone else to do the same.
Just say what kind of information is missing, and I'll edit your post to fill in anything else I deem necessary in details of what's missing.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:29 PM   #6
Minaro
Semi-retired

Another bump to add another update:

The energy information in the tutorial is incorrect, both the regeneration of the world energy and the maximum of the energy bars (being 150 but stated as 100), and the fact that the bars do not reflect the actual % of energy you have (full at 100 visually, but not in reality).

Weinmers Landing, currently Impossible
Old 06-08-2009, 02:49 AM   #7
Reversal

How about adding the bonuses for every mission at the mission center completed?
Reversal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:29 AM   #8
Minaro
Semi-retired

Rank ups, chakra ups, availability of jutsus etc etc? Not a bad idea.

Another thing that's incorrect;

# Naruto energy (red)

* The red bar indicates naruto energy which is what the naruto team will use when fighting on the World Map or doing Sneak Attacks.
Some naruto energy has also been used as can be seen in the image above.
* You gain +10 naruto energy every 2 hours. Click for example Sneak Attack and scroll down a bit and check the info box to see how much time remains until next refill.

Simply make sure anything energy related is correct when this is changed.

*Edit*

Including a notice put up by BaakaNinja in the Bugs & Typos thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaakaNinja View Post
In the In-Game tutorial under Ninja Categories it still says "They also start with a seal value which you can either modify up or down in increments of 1 every five levels." Even though it's changed to 1 every four levels.
I understand that it can't be easy to remember every little place you need to change, just want to help. :)

Last edited by Minaro; 06-08-2009 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Added
Old 06-13-2009, 04:52 AM   #9
Reversal

Perhaps reorganize some of the information in the tutorial. For example, I wouldn't have thought to check the Stamina section under Attributes for the attack percentage deductions of incorrectly placed ninjas; I would've instead looked for it under the My Team/Lineup section. It might be a good idea, in this case, to put the same information in multiple spots.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

In-game tutorial > My team > Ninja > g section
"Every 5 levels, you are allowed to adjust you seal by 1."

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
Minaro
Semi-retired

A question about the tutorial then, is the information about Resist correct? Is it true that you need 100 resist to completely nullify an elemental advantage (with no actual extra elemental advantage attributes)? It's strange, since I usually see ninjas taking 0 elemental damage that have far from 100 resistance. Even with the proposed 2.25x resistance multiplier on lower levels it sounds unlikely. Something tells me the information in the tutorial about it might not be 100% accurate.

Old 06-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #12
udon
Catpain
Admin

Fixed the "every 5 levels" thingy and the energy refill. Will need to work on this more later on, have to work on the Ladder feature right now.

Minaro: It's supposed to be so at least. 100 = nullify.
Old 06-13-2009, 03:48 PM   #13
Minaro
Semi-retired

#12 Well, that's strange, since as I said, I've seen plenty of ninjas with nowhere near 100 resistance even with the 2.25 bonus get 0 bonus damage. You think you could have a look at your elemental damage formula, and the bonus formula for lower levels? Does it include lower levels only, or does it take into account the actual damage of the ninja? In other words, would a low level Naruto the Beast also get the bonuses, for example?

Old 06-13-2009, 04:57 PM   #14
udon
Catpain
Admin

I'll have to take a look at it later... it takes quite some time to go through the code and determine what might be wrong and that's something I'll have to do when I have more spare time.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:17 AM   #15
Reversal

Question about reroll, but might as well put it here as this could be put in the tutorial as well:

Apparently a level 25 Spirit Dragon gives 200% reroll. Does this mean I have a 100% chance of rerolling twice? Or does it cap at 100%, so this 200% is no different than, say, 125%, or 100%?
Old 06-14-2009, 01:44 AM   #16
Minaro
Semi-retired

The excess over 100% goes into another reroll attempt, which means that 150% total reroll gives you one reroll with 100% of activation and another with 50% of activation. 200% means two rerolls with 100% activation. All rerolls work the same way, as in rolling additional attack rolls, where the higher is chosen as the final result.

Old 06-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #17
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Need a list stating how many crystals you need for each rank. Perhaps in the team info part of the tutorial, or a new tab.

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:47 AM   #18
Minaro
Semi-retired

Needs to list at what amount of crystals the Transmigration chamber aswell as the Forbidden Genin chamber unlocks, along with providing far more information on the Transmigration of starting Genins (I was unable to find anything about it when I was looking specificly for it).

Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 AM   #19
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

#18 that information is listed in the game guide though, under their respective areas. But more info in the tutorial might be needed.

A general restructuring might be in order as well, for now we have the faq, game guide (ninja guide?) and tutorial in the help section

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:17 AM   #20
Reversal

Might want to also update to include the fact that you get to keep legendary item(s) on a reset after game completion.

Question though, as it sort of relates to this and can also be included in the tutorial: Do the legendary items act the same way as forbidden ninjas, in this sense? Say I reset after I beat the game, and choose to keep a legendary item. If I reset without beating the game again, will I still have that legendary item on my next new game? Thanks in advance.