Old 09-06-2009, 01:09 PM   #22
Eugen

Team Accept-All (The name says it all)
http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/32706
Old 09-06-2009, 04:33 PM   #23
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Well... Just randomly picking off teams won't really do much, as someone has to actually see the team online as well as report it, then some poor mod (Udon, Minaro, Dist) has to go in and hit them with the hammer...

The only way to fully clear them out would be to go through the entire list of 62000+ teams, which can either be gotten by entering the database, or copying the teams one by one... This is doable, but if you take one per second it would put 62000 page loads of strain on the server over 16 hours.. Not good.. But if you increased it to 10 seconds, it would take 7 days, and still put quite a strain on the servers.. So the database is the only decent way..

And well, when will anything even be done about the teams that get's reported? It's been almost a month now since the names were officially forbidden

btw, I copied the first 100 teams, and found 4 obvious bad names... Even if it's only 4/100, it's still 2480 bad names.. But I'm guessing there are more than that.. So my list on page 1 with ~100 names it just the tip of the iceberg..

What's the plan? :s If it keeps dragging out, or without any harsher punishment like Minaro said, people will just think it was a big joke

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 06:15 PM   #24
Ahlvin
2nd Most Posts!

Totally agree with Aen! After all, if someone named themselves "Acc All" in the beginning of the game, they might be in akatsuki temple to otherworld atm.. So, they got that whole round for free, while they should not have.. :/
What if certain rather trustworthy peoples (Like Aenonar, and other well-known chat admins?) had authority to change peoples team names? Then maybe repport them in, so that they could recieve punnishment later? Or maybe they could punnish them themselves aswell, just that they might abuse..

Anyhow; The names should be punnished! :O -50%ryo gain for a weak, Every 5th-10th challenge they recieve automaticly declined.. Whatever, just.. Feel like they should be punnished - They had several weeks to change their names into an appropriate name, yet they didn't! Accually, many had a good, but then when the opportunity came, they changed it to a "forbidden".. That´s just so.. Wrong!
Old 09-06-2009, 07:19 PM   #25
tihoa
BW Something or Other

you could try setting everyone who used accept all in their names to have a low accept rate (red) for an extended period of time. this will hopefully lower the amount of challenges they receive and thus punishing them.
Old 09-06-2009, 08:20 PM   #26
Delta Sand
Lifeless

That could work. I know I only challenge people with Green to maximize profit over a shorter period of time. That might be all it takes to change it up.
Delta Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 08:53 PM   #27
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

-50% ryo gain as well as a red blob sounds very nice indeed

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #28
Minaro
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenonar View Post
Well... Just randomly picking off teams won't really do much, as someone has to actually see the team online as well as report it, then some poor mod (Udon, Minaro, Dist) has to go in and hit them with the hammer...

The only way to fully clear them out would be to go through the entire list of 62000+ teams, which can either be gotten by entering the database, or copying the teams one by one... This is doable, but if you take one per second it would put 62000 page loads of strain on the server over 16 hours.. Not good.. But if you increased it to 10 seconds, it would take 7 days, and still put quite a strain on the servers.. So the database is the only decent way..

And well, when will anything even be done about the teams that get's reported? It's been almost a month now since the names were officially forbidden

btw, I copied the first 100 teams, and found 4 obvious bad names... Even if it's only 4/100, it's still 2480 bad names.. But I'm guessing there are more than that.. So my list on page 1 with ~100 names it just the tip of the iceberg..

What's the plan? :s If it keeps dragging out, or without any harsher punishment like Minaro said, people will just think it was a big joke
I've personally stopped changing team names for a while.. Both because I've been very busy, and as I personally don't see the reason too unless anyone who have their team name changed (due to breaking the rules) receive punishment of some kind. Once penalization is approved and ready, I'll really start allocating time towards changing team names.

Weinmers Landing, currently Impossible
Minaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:22 AM   #29
2xMachina

Only messages should be punished though. There was no mention of banning ALL CAPS or stuff like that.
2xMachina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 AM   #30
udon
Catpain
Admin

It's actually pretty easy for "mods" to change names from this thread now. Just click the link you provide here and then we have another link which leads to the name changing place for that team.

I want to get some rules out before I start changing the names, because a lot of them are... not actually breaking any rules right now just plain annoying, like the OMG I HAVE 20000 ALL CAPS LETTERS FUCKING UP THE DESIGN FOR EVERYONE EVERY NOW AND THEN ETC, so I need to collect the new rules and add them to the purple box or something. It's just so damn boring doing this kind of stuff.
udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:44 PM   #31
nootz
Pajas

Uzzumaki... I dont see any1 of the teams on your list breaking the rules O.o
btw, wrong link to Team "ROCKMAN123" rofl xD

But I know one team with inappropriate teamname:
http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/642 - AccarMCYKET
nootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:58 PM   #32
Sparhawk
Knight

Ku klux

http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/24967

I mean seriously... this guy should get a temporary ban and not just a namechange imo...
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 AM   #33
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

This one almost deserves a medal for shamelessness
http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/5239

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:50 PM   #34
Knight of Zero
The Epicness that is ME!

http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/16131 - You fight me I fight you (message)

click image for link to join BW clan.
Knight of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 PM   #35
nebulax
BW-Clan F0under

http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/38478
Teamster -- Accept All
nebulax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #36
udon
Catpain
Admin

nebulax: That's my account haha... I wanted to see how many hundred challenges I could get. Still haven't had the time to go through the list of these names but I'll get to it sometime.
udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:00 PM   #37
Knight of Zero
The Epicness that is ME!

wait.... are you saying that you can break the rules but no one else can? you doing that will only make people more inclined to use forbidden names. doesnt really matter to me though. i still wont break the rules but wow udon. ^.^

click image for link to join BW clan.
Knight of Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:34 PM   #38
Lunar2

Why can't he? This happens everywhere for positions of power. It's not like he's doing it for malicious intent.
Lunar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #39
Havoc
Looking for my neurons

He wanted to test to see how much ryo an acc all team could gather compared to a normal one.

Main
Havoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:10 PM   #40
nebulax
BW-Clan F0under

i didnt knew hat it was your account
nebulax is offline   Reply With Quote