NinjaManager Forums
Old 11-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #1
Sweet_Amber
Mrs. Sweet

Default Religion!

Okey, so i've been searching for hours on the internet but i just can't find anything that answers my question.

So, my problem is that im a Croatian Catholic from Bosnia (i live in Sweden), but i've for many years (since i was like 14? im turning 20 next year) wanted to change my religion to the Serbian-orthodox church, by that i mean i want to totally change my view in christianity and become a orthodox serb, and since religion is linked to nationality in balkan you automaticly become someone else if you change your religion.
(For example if your a muslim your automaticly a bosnian, if your orthodox your automaticly a serb.)

My mothers dads dad (lol) was a orthodox serb from the beginning, but he changed to catholic since he married a catholic woman and since then it has just been that way. My mom is married to my dad who is also catholic, which makes us croatian catholics.

Now my question is how the hell do i change? I feel like i dont belong to this kind of christian view and that i actually am someone else.

Thanks for the help!
Love, Amber :*

Sweet_Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:02 PM   #2
Anbu77
MM's CyberStalker

Well i am conscious orthodox (well its not really accurate to say Greek-Orthodox,since the orthodoxy churches are like a huge family with different Bishops etc),but i dont really know the process of all that.The best thing that you have to do is to go to the nearest orthodox church and ask the priest,who surely will know the process.
Good luck with all that Amber :) Prepare to learn a lot of Greek,lol.

Stalking noobs since 1992!
Anbu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 05:13 PM   #3
Sweet_Amber
Mrs. Sweet

Thanks anbu! :) thats probably the best thing to do. Of course i would've aksed my parents about this instead of posting for help in the NM forums but i didn't know how they would respond. They would probably think im stupid or something, but deep inside i feel like what i am now is wrong, and being a orthodox-serb is right.

Old 11-03-2013, 06:09 PM   #4
Ozzy
Blizzard of Ozz

I feel you. I was born in Bosnia but now live and work in Croatia.
Well even tho i'm an atheist i'll try to help on this.
Like Anbu said the best thing that you have to do is to go to the nearest orthodox church and ask the priest about the whole process. The first step for me however would be to ask your parents and even tho they might disagree, you should consider their point of view as well.

Lijep pozdrav!
Old 11-03-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
Sweet_Amber
Mrs. Sweet

Hvala i tebi! I'll take all the advice from anbu and you and probably talk to my parents first, might be the best thing to do, and later move on from that :)

Old 11-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #6
euras
Pervy Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Amber View Post
and since religion is linked to nationality in balkan you automaticly become someone else if you change your religion.
that's one of the weirdest things i've heard.. my opinion is that religion doesnt change who you are or anything else, everyone has a right to believe in whatever they want to.. damn you people from jugoslavia are weird ^^
euras is offline   Reply With Quote