NinjaManager Forums

Old 11-21-2009, 10:51 PM   #1
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Default Naruto team vs Karakura final - Balancing

Well, as so many of you should have noticed, at least I have on my last 4 game clears is that the naruto team has major difficulties clearing their part of the final karakura mission.

My main is on hard and my alt is on easy. I spent every single spare naruto energy on high xp sneak targets awarding 60-80 ninja xp in total, getting them up to level ~16-13. They breezed through all countries on their first tries without any element changes or seal changes. They didn't even use the items they got from the leftover guardians, of which I even beat a couple of the harder ones.

The otherworld part was also a piece of cake still without anything extra. But the final mission in karakura turned out to be a major roadblock for both teams.

On easy I needed the 400 items and all the extra dropped gear and managed to get lucky, which is 2000 ryo, of which ~1600 came from the main teams income.

The hard team was significantly harder though. I needed all 400, all 200, a fresh soldier pill and 3 element changes to get advantage. Though it didn't really matter much as they usually only did a couple points extra damage. But that was pretty much all I could do at that point as I already had all the other items etc. Thought I would need to change naruto kages element as well for another 550 ryo coming from the main team. Totaling on ~4000 ryo, of which ~3500 came from the main teams income, which is quite a major dent in my opinion. A serious waste of ryo Oo

Note that my main teams completely annihilated their part once the naruto team finally passed, especially on the hard mode team, where pretty much only my genins fought. At that time before I had to toss in ryo to the naruto team I had already all 400 abilities as well as 3 fresh pills and a mix of 3 LW's and 200/50 abilities, and a full round of +stat

I'd say that this needs rebalancing, as at least I have gotten stuck on that part every single time at least the last 4 game clears, which is beginner+medium and now easy+hard. And only on the naruto part, which imo is quite lame as they just ruin the whole thing for the main team. Especially on such an important step as double c+, access to 800 abilities and 4/2 ryo gain

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:59 PM   #2
Lee

I agree with you that it does need a bit of rebalancing. It is supposed to get harder the higher the difficulty, but i can't really say that much since my main team is only on Easy. But if what you say is true, then it definetly need some nerfs. I spend my naruto energy as soon as i get it, it's never full. So i pretty much never have any issues with it, however i did get stuck on this mission, not for long but i did get stuck.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:04 AM   #3
Minaro
Semi-retired

It's funny, but I think Udon mentioned that the difficulty of the Naruto team doesn't change at all as you go up in difficulty.. And I must say that I've never faced the kind of problems you have with my Naruto team. Sure, I might get stuck sometimes comparing to the main team, but not for long, and hell not often. What it points at is that you're, by some strange means, progressing faster and faster through the earlier parts of the game with your main team, in every playthrough... Or that you're just using your Naruto energy progressingly worse, which is hard as there's plenty more teams with low level FN Genins (yielding tons of XP for the Naruto team) now than there was earlier on.

Yeah, I don't know honestly.

Weinmers Landing, currently Impossible
Minaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:14 AM   #4
Ahlvin
2nd Most Posts!

Itīs a minor increase. I asked around, and it turns out Sakura has 120 HP in battle arena for Naruto team on beginner, while having 126 on easy. Not exactly a big difference, but it is a step tougher. Alltought, I don't see how it should be THAT much harder!

Itīs a 5% increase/difficulty if Iīve got it right, which means on hard, they should have 15% increased HP? Doesn't seem like all too much, and most certainly not if you have so much ryo to buy things for..
Old 11-22-2009, 01:05 AM   #5
KaiKai
El Gordo
Chat Mod

had no major problems on beginner or easy, not even in the beginner rerun with 3 fns o_O

aenonar, you are just too fast with your main!

"Think 2 ways before talking."
KaiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:11 AM   #6
Sparhawk
Knight

There's an obvious difference, but I think it's fine...

On beginner, with my alt, I was able to clear temple with ninjas that were level 10-11. So they ended up around level 12-13, mostly 12.

On hard, I had to luck my way through temple with a full team of lvl 12-13s, and much better abilities/items than I had back on beginner. So now my naruto team is lvl 14-15.

I think this increase is fine since the main team's levels will be so much higher as the modes go up. It's not like it'll be that huge a difference come final boss.

Last edited by Sparhawk; 11-22-2009 at 01:22 AM.
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:13 AM   #7
Ahlvin
2nd Most Posts!

As previously stated by me, itīs 5% harder. Compared to 40% harder on main team, it should be rather easy to keep up with the pace, seeing you should (Techniqally) have ~40% longer time to get your naruto team 5% stronger. Probably not correct numbers, but I believe itīs an understandable point of view?
Old 11-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #8
Vovinia
Extensive Planner

or he could just take it as a grace period to go farm even more lost weapons and stop complaining >.>
Vovinia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:53 AM   #9
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

#3 Yeah, heard that as well, but it's obviously incorrect as they do get harder and harder. And as I already said, there's nothing wrong with the naruto teams levels or energy usage.

#5 well, not really as my naruto team were at very high levels compared to a beginners naruto team, yet completely unable to pass it. I can't go back and check the naruto teams hp on karakura for some reason, it just swaps right away to the main team : / But I actually think the hard team had ~700p each while the easy team only had 500, which is different than the otherworld missions such as long lost that were at 142 easy, 155 hard. Confirmation on the karakura part would be nice

#6 I really wonder wth is up with my naruto team, all they do is cause problems, both here now on karakura and all the time on the final boss as well.. And then there are others who can just clear stuff easily with them for some reason :s Maybe some parameter has gone awry on my account, maybe something with that I attempted the final boss on beginner before the naruto team fix :s *shrugs* Oo

#7 If you don't have 3 LW's on hard, you're not even trying. And as you might see, I've already spent ages grinding on gold rank. All 400 abilities (2400 ryo) 3x fresh pills (1500 ryo) full round of +stat (1400 ryo) as well as the ~3500 ryo to boost the naruto team. I've spent far too much time just waiting for the naruto team.

Levels at time of clearing (with their respective differences in abilities and items):
Hard team: Rin 17, Sai 16, ANBU 13, Yamato 13, Naruto 14
Easy team: Rin 15, Sai 14, ANBU 14, Yamato 12, Naruto 13

Rawr. Me smash you die.

Last edited by Aenonar; 11-22-2009 at 04:58 AM.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #10
Shai'tan
Games Moderator
Mini Mod

According to the tutorial, though it's probably not updated, the Naruto team gets half the increase the main team get when you go to the next difficulty level.

Taken from the tutorial:

Quote:
Easy
Clearing Awards
Unlocks the 2nd special slot (out of 6)
Unlocks new difficulty mode: Medium
Penalties during play
Enemies on the World Map hit 10% harder (5% for team naruto)
Enemies on the World Map have 10% more hit points (5% for team naruto)
Total team chakra reduced by 18
Quote:
Medium
Clearing Awards
Unlocks the 3rd special slot (out of 6)
Unlocks new difficulty mode: Hard
Penalties during play
Enemies on the World Map hit 20% harder (10% for team naruto)
Enemies on the World Map have 20% more hit points (10% for team naruto)
Enemies on the World Map have +50 elemental advantage (+25 for team naruto)
Total team chakra reduced by 27
Etc... Only difference being on Impossible where the WM enemies get the same elemental advantage against the Naruto team and the main team...
Shai'tan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:59 AM   #11
Ahlvin
2nd Most Posts!

Well, it doesn't seem to be 50% of main teams increase (Thatīs be 20%+, right?).

Like I said, itīs 5% increase in HP, which probably means that while the normal teams enemies got harder than they were originally planned to be (10%/new mode), the narutos enemies remained at the same strength, a.k.a. 5% increase of hp&attack.
Old 11-23-2009, 06:12 AM   #12
udon
Catpain
Admin

I noticed they were really really tough too now. My team is 19,15,15,17,17 and I had no chance at all. Then I remembered I had done some RES changes to balance Karakura Castle a few months ago, and because the naruto mission was connected to the regular team's, I had mistakenly increased their RES too, so they were practically at 100 RES on that mission. This has now been fixed so if you have trouble with this mission, then just change the genins element (100 ryo each) and you'll score some big elemental hits.
udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:18 PM   #13
Minaro
Semi-retired

Ah.. Well, in that case, I personally think it might be an idea to lower the resistance increase on the Naruto team from the increasing difficulties just slightly. Down to +15 or 20? 25 seems a bit big considering how relatively low Res values they have to begin with.

Weinmers Landing, currently Impossible
Minaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:22 PM   #14
Ghiddi
Original Gangster

That mission gave me trouble too. I know it will be much worse on extreme/impossible, it should be nerfed a bit..

Credits to mereaper for the signature!
5th person to beat Impossible mode. - “If you can accept losing, you can't win.”
Ghiddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #15
zebonas
Banned

That maked me a 4-3 days on BEGINNER to defeat those freakin karakura guys on Naruto Team,while with my main i defeat them with no problem.Other missions in Naruto team was easy,except final.
zebonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 12:32 AM   #16
Yare yare

Is "Who Guards The Crystals?" the last mission for Team Naruto? Except the mission when they face your main team.
Yare yare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 11:22 AM   #17
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Nope, there's akatsuki temple after that. The six paths of pain is the final mission your naruto team fights in. (except final mission)

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #18
Yare yare

Aight, thanks!
Yare yare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:21 PM   #19
Sabaku-No-Gaara
Lazy Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahlvin View Post
Well, it doesn't seem to be 50% of main teams increase (Thatīs be 20%+, right?).

Like I said, itīs 5% increase in HP, which probably means that while the normal teams enemies got harder than they were originally planned to be (10%/new mode), the narutos enemies remained at the same strength, a.k.a. 5% increase of hp&attack.
Agree (10 letters)
Old 02-27-2010, 06:24 PM   #20
Ghiddi
Original Gangster

This is becoming a major issue, I think I shouldn't be held back because of my stupid team naruto. The missions for them should be nerfed ASAP ;(

Credits to mereaper for the signature!
5th person to beat Impossible mode. - “If you can accept losing, you can't win.”
Ghiddi is offline   Reply With Quote