NinjaManager Forums
View Poll Results: Which is the most popular manga in the world ?
Naruto 6 25.00%
One Piece 8 33.33%
Dragon Ball ( Even though it's old ) 7 29.17%
Naruto and One Piece are about the same 3 12.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-19-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
DarkWolf713
The Chosen One

Default Most popular manga worldwide

Which is the most popular manga worldwide ? I know in Japan it's One Piece by quite a lot, but in America Naruto is A LOT more popular, and by a lot i mean A LOT. And if i remember well, Naruto sells also a lot more than One Piece in Europe. Manga is still more popular in Japan though. So if i'm actually right about Europe, Naruto is probably the most popular manga in the world. Anyway only Naruto or One Piece can have this place considering Dragon Ball is old and doesn't sell or almost doesn't sell anymore today. And on pretty much ALL manga reading sites, Naruto is number 1 and One Piece is about number 5-10 or even 10+. My vote will go to Naruto since it's the most known manga in the world, yes even more than dragon ball nowadays, and in most countries it's the most sold one.
DarkWolf713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #2
Seotinach
Green Monster of DOOM~

I think a lot of that had to with One Piece's "meh" start over all, coupled by just how bad all of the dubbed variations - and I mean all of them, from what I've seen glancing around - made the anime out to be.

Having said that, I have yet to find any statistics saying that Naruto is the most popular. Plenty of sites list it as being higher than One Piece globally in terms of popularity, but I've only ever found Japan's sale statistics, which has One Piece beating Naruto by ratios of over five.

Also, no. Dragonball is still the single most known animation series on the planet. Vegeta meme has made bloody damn sure of that.

Seotinach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
mereaper
Reaper god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seotinach View Post
I think a lot of that had to with One Piece's "meh" start over all, coupled by just how bad all of the dubbed variations - and I mean all of them, from what I've seen glancing around - made the anime out to be.

Having said that, I have yet to find any statistics saying that Naruto is the most popular. Plenty of sites list it as being higher than One Piece globally in terms of popularity, but I've only ever found Japan's sale statistics, which has One Piece beating Naruto by ratios of over five.

Also, no. Dragonball is still the single most known animation series on the planet. Vegeta meme has made bloody damn sure of that.
yeah they are over 9000 @_@
quote by the man who proved that u can be evil and still look cute
Spoiler:
Quote:
Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed!
Quote:
who let the dogs out?
my team
mereaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
DarkWolf713
The Chosen One

For the sales, One Piece doesnt beat Naruto by ratios over five in Japan, its about two. And in America One Piece simply isn't popular at all, and Naruto is always number one in the sales. As if you want statistics, i think i remember reading an article on the internet showing the sales in the US where Naruto ranked 1st by far and One Piece ranked 9th. As for Dragon Ball i'm still not sure cuz whenever i ask people who aren't even manga fans what manga they know, almost all of them answer Naruto, but maybe thats just in Canada.

As for the sales of the main 3 They are in this order :

Japan :
1. One Piece
2. Naruto
3. Bleach

USA :
1. Naruto
2. Bleach
3. One Piece

Europe :
1. ? Almost sure it's Naruto
2. ?
3. ?

As a Franchise, Naruto's A LOT more popular than One Piece though. Also, Naruto is known worldwide but One Piece isn't.

Last edited by DarkWolf713; 08-23-2012 at 04:01 AM.
DarkWolf713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:08 PM   #5
killik99
the Spoiler

i know naruto is right now alot bigger then one piece atleast in Europe ( if you look at the amout of books sold every month ) but i almost wanna say that dragonball is the biggest one ever since it was like hudge world wide and it still is O_O i dont think there is any 90's kid out there that has never encountred DB DBZ or DBGT
Old 08-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #6
Cavalo
Sower of evil

Without Dragon Ball, without Akira Toriyama, we would have no shonen. DB kickced shonen on new level. Dragon is biggest and most influenced M&A. There is a hole otaku generation who started form DB. Deal with it.

Dragon Ball was and always shall be the greates anime in history.

Poland First To Fight
Event: http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/191427
Cavalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:52 AM   #7
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

I honestly thin kthe main readon why one piece just isnt as popular in other regions then japan, is because the dubbed versions are Horrible. they turn such an amazing series into SOmething for 8 year olds (fuck u 4kidz). Because, in all honestly, One Piece is a real amazing series. (Stopped reading all of the Main 3 about a full 2 years ago due to having watched Clannad and finding many many more anime/manga that suit me more such as Bakuman. so i don't know what goes on now.)

But ya, If Not DBZ, I have to say, unfortunately, naruto is the most popular manga... (Not even near being the best though, its WAYYYY overrated.)

"Even if we forget the faces of our friends we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls"
Isaac0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 09:52 AM   #8
XeroMaano
Vampire

Did you know that 4kids is no more? (Well, almost dead anyway)

Also, yeah, Naruto is the most popular in Europe.

I just wish they would pay attention to other series more.

Last edited by XeroMaano; 09-01-2012 at 09:54 AM.
XeroMaano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #9
supree
Kaitou Kid

answers hadnt been well thought DBZ can be the most popular and at the same time Naruto and 1piece can have +/- same popularity.
Voted DBZ, but Im not a big fan of any of those 3.

Last edited by supree; 09-06-2012 at 04:29 PM.
supree is offline   Reply With Quote