NinjaManager Forums

Old 09-05-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Exclamation INFO: The In-Depth Builds and Guide section

I've spent some time now sorting through all guides and cleaning up a bit. Made it a bit more organized and useful so people easily can find what they are looking for.

What does those marks mean?

Each type of thread now has it's own symbol.

When creating a new thread: don't assign it any symbol! The symbol also works as a mark of approval that it belongs in the in-depth guide section.

- Important knowledge, highly recommended guides to read.

- Threads where you can get questions answered. Of course, read the thread first so you don't ask the same questions.

- Guides for building teams.

- General useful guides

Sticky?
The section were starting to get filled with threads on sticky making it hard to find the ones you really needed, so I just had to clean up. Now only the most useful threads gets a sticky mark. Basically threads that everyone should have a look at.

Don't be discouraged if your thread doesn't get a sticky, or from looking at the other threads, they can be just as helpful to your situation.

Making a guide?
It's great that you're willing to write a guide, just try to make it as good and as in depth as possible. Make it nice and tidy with clearly divided sections so that it's really easy to read and find information.

Go easy on the colors, too many flashy colors might seem like a good idea to separate things, but it makes it really hard to read. Just keep it simple. There's nothing worse than a good guide no one reads.

Rawr. Me smash you die.

Last edited by Aenonar; 09-08-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #2
Dungospaz
Mindf*cked

lol...a guide for making guides...

While you're at it, you could ask someone who understands the 'mechanics of the game' to make a small guide on the use certain specialized ninjas to prevent threads like Yahiko is useless, nerf itachi etc.
basically like strengths, weakness, special uses for noobs and lazy people.

--------I Am A Star--------

Last edited by Dungospaz; 09-05-2011 at 02:32 PM.
Dungospaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 02:56 PM   #3
Setirb
Rating: Awesome

Now this is the kind of work that everyone will appreciate. It's much easier to find what people want even if the guides aren't stickied. Thanks Aenonar, good job!
I noticed that 2 guides for beginners are stickies but FH's High Difficulties Progression Guide isn't. Is it because it's status as an "expert" only guide aimed at more seasoned players? Not falling in the "everyone should read it category since it could mislead newer players?

Setirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #4
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

More important for newbies to find a newbie team guides, though only one of them is stickied.. Rev's seemed the most detailed, so picked that one. If they should need more guides there are a couple more without sticky. Most guides are aimed at new people anyways, experienced players barely view any except LW and WM guides..

Experienced players should already know most if not all of what written in FH's guide already, plus they're more likely to be able to find the thread if they should ever happen to need it.Not really sure who it's aim to in the first place though... Experienced players knows the info, new people wouldn't understand it.. Aimed at people that lol'ed their way through the difficulties and with a lot of free time and will to read that massive wall of text? Most people that open it just go tl;dr... ;>

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM   #5
XeroMaano
Vampire

You... actually... got rid of all the useless threads in here.
NAIC JOBU! (Engrish ftw)

I see you moved my tutorial in graphic corners as well.. heh, should of posted it there first. my bad =w=

anyway, really nice aeno.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:40 AM   #6
katashi2009
Still alive

FH's guide is like the 3rd most usefull out there(after LW and WM).Why not sticky it?And im pretty sure most of newbies dont even visit the forum,and if they do they dont go to guide section.
FH wrote all how to plan your team and progress as fast as possible.Experienced players may know some of them, but its still very usefull for teams medium-extreme.I am on impossible and i found that guide VERY usefull.

This is one Katashi you don't wanna fuck with.
katashi2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 02:13 PM   #7
QBee
The Joker

I dont think players get so experienced just because they're on medium+. With luck and some money they can advance in the game relatively fast without using so much brains.

And yes, FH's guide WAS useful.

Sig and avy made by Drag0nf0rce
QBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 05:34 PM   #8
antonyredeemed
"The Tensai"

go go Aenonar! u r the man
Old 09-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #9
udon
Catpain
Admin

I've been getting PM's from some ppl that this is total blasphemy!

If the only problem is that several of the super-detailed guides aren't stickied, then I suggest we make an index in this post with links to them. Can we agree that this is a good solution?

TLDR: Newbie guides are stickied, and we have an index here linking to all detailed/useful guides (those with many stars are a good indicator of usefulness).

I'm thinking something like this, maybe someone can make a good "template" for links/headlines.

Edit: Were a lot of guides deleted or just moved btw?

Legendary Weapons

Legendary Weapons: Damage Value (firehydrant)
Short description.

Damage Value and Damage Multiplier (firehydrant)
Short description.

Legendary Weapons: Attack Value (Teamish)
Short description.

World Map / Progression

Higher Difficulty Progression Guide (firehydrant)
Short description.

Ninjas by WM location (wizardcho)
Short description.

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 12:11 PM   #10
Anbu77
MM's CyberStalker

2 of fire's guide damage value of lw's and damage value and multiplier,are inacuratte as of teamish one since the guide follows the AV table which inaccurate.
Fire's higher difficulty progression is a pretty good one based on his NM history,its a wall of text though not so easy to read....
-answering to l3's guestion while don't trying to create a new flame war!-

Stalking noobs since 1992!
Anbu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #11
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Useless/deserted guides were moved to teams and strategies as stated on the forum description.
Off-topic threads were moved to general discussion or similar.
Graphic tutorials were moved to graphics section and stickied there instead.
Some general info threads were moved to general discussion or general questions and help and stickied there.

The rest remain in the guide section.

There's not much need for an index, the whole forum section already works like that. If the thread is useful it will be in the guide section, if it's not useful, it's not there. The star rating system works well enough for determining the usefulness of the thread.

As for unstickying Firehydrants threads, I already gave the explanation to why I unstickied them. Over 20 threads were unstickied or even moved, including my own clans. So just drop that stupid idea that I did it for some stupid revenge against FH and B&W clan. I don't give a damn who wrote the threads. There are about 10 stickied threads left, if you do the math that means there used to be over 30 stickied threads. The guide section were in a serious need of cleaning and reduction in the amount of stickied threads, so I cleaned it up. The threads are still there, just not stickied.

Having a sticky status doesn't mean anything anyways. No one cares about your e-penis, just like your post count. It just means that the thread shows up on top of all forum pages, meaning that you have to scroll a long long way on every forum page before you get to the other useful threads unless you keep the amount to the minimum.

Apparently you people don't realize the obvious difference between Aen the person and Aen the mod. If I would let my personal feelings control the banhammer most of the players would already be perma banned for all the crap you're tossing on me or the game. But for even the slightest thing I do, all hell breaks loose.

You're all well aware of how much cheating and abuse you're doing behind our backs, or trash talking about me behind my back, including the theft and distribution of Basher 2.0. I know very well that you're still doing it, but you still demand my help even with your hands dirty.

Think about your own actions and behavior before you even think about complaining, especially about such stupid things like a sticky status.

Edit: And yes, I did delete FH's guides for a couple of minutes, AFTER he himself had deleted the posts thus completely ruining the guides. They were meaningless to keep in that ruined state.

Normally you're unable to restore posts deleted in that way, but I managed to restore them anyways and then put them back in the guide section. And I chose to ignore all the childish taunts and insults towards me which he had replaced all his posts with.

Rawr. Me smash you die.

Last edited by Aenonar; 09-11-2011 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #12
antonyredeemed
"The Tensai"

Players can have biased opinion towards anyone's method- like anbu suggesting that FH's guide is inaccurate compared to Teamish's guide. But, being the only active mod - there is no need for Aenonar to suddenly come up with an idea of unstickying a well-written & used guide and giving a reason to justify what he thinks is correct. I suppose a moderator should be responsible for creating a healthy environment in the community. Not be the source of some controversy.

Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenonar View Post
More important for newbies to find a newbie team guides, though only one of them is stickied.. Rev's seemed the most detailed, so picked that one. If they should need more guides there are a couple more without sticky. Most guides are aimed at new people anyways, experienced players barely view any except LW and WM guides..

Experienced players should already know most if not all of what written in FH's guide already, plus they're more likely to be able to find the thread if they should ever happen to need it.Not really sure who it's aim to in the first place though... Experienced players knows the info, new people wouldn't understand it.. Aimed at people that lol'ed their way through the difficulties and with a lot of free time and will to read that massive wall of text? Most people that open it just go tl;dr... ;>

When someone contributes something - whoever it may be aimed at: they deserve some respect. Would you think that anyone would care from this point on - how this thread ends up?
Old 09-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #13
Grakhus
I will FORCE the issue

"You're all well aware of how much cheating and abuse you're doing behind our backs, or trash talking about me behind my back, including the theft and distribution of Basher 2.0. I know very well that you're still doing it, but you still demand my help even with your hands dirty."

Honestly, this is going way beyond the topic. We demand your help with our hands dirty? You are a mod, your help is to be given freely to any such persons, as they require it. The Basher incident was very unfortunate. However, when you started locking off functions and selling them, you should have severely beefed up security. People like to get goods for free, this is the basic human condition.

About guides, I believe it was not much of an issue, however, before deciding, you could have done a poll, as to which guides to keep and which to unsticky.

It is your prerogative to do as you wish, you are a mod, but don't start acting the victimized user, who is just doing everything to everyone's benefit, and is getting only harassment.

It is normal for people to dislike authority, and let's face it, the forum is the platform for abuse, swearing and exaggeration of opinions.

"Having a sticky status doesn't mean anything anyways. No one cares about your e-penis, just like your post count. It just means that the thread shows up on top of all forum pages, meaning that you have to scroll a long long way on every forum page before you get to the other useful threads unless you keep the amount to the minimum."

Whether knowingly or not, implying that someone's work isn't useful based on no more than someone's opinion, whether yours or that of someone else. Let's call it a slip of the tongue, you should however not write while affected by your emotions.

Grow a thicker skin, don't take it all personally, as you pointed out, not all abuse is centered at your real persona, at least half of it is thrown at your mod persona. As you should not ban someone who was arguing with you, so you should not take it all seriously.

"Normally you're unable to restore posts deleted in that way, but I managed to restore them anyways and then put them back in the guide section. And I chose to ignore all the childish taunts and insults towards me which he had replaced all his posts with."

Agree with the deleting, were you asked by FH to restore them? Was not clear on that point.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #14
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

1. What they stole was a trial version I let Ghiddi borrow for a week with a time lock out of good faith, so that he could help improve the summon balancing. He and some others had it cracked and started distributing it around the clans and in the end even openly on the forum. Long story very short. And they still expect me to be friendly to them afterwards, that's just messed up. And I did beef up the security for the version I sold.

2. As has been clearly shown over and over again on this forum, polls are useless. Someone needs to take charge and make the decision. Which I did. I expected some whining, but the level they're doing it on for such a simple thing as a sticky status is just silly. I'm not acting like a victimized user, I'm just posting a statement about what was going on. I stopped caring about their abuse long ago.

3. I never said that it wasn't useful. I clearly stated in the first post that people shouldn't be discouraged about losing a sticky status as the threads can be just as useful. I did reply when asked about it that in my personal opinion I don't see who needs to read it, which obviously wasn't understood properly. It's still there isn't it? It's just not stickied as it's not necessary for everyone to read it.

And they are definitely aiming it at me as a person, hence why I pointed that out in the last post that they are different. My skin is already thick enough, you're completely missing the point.

4. I restored the posts for the same reason that Udon restored all Poker's post when he quit. It wasn't just the guides he deleted, but several other random posts as well.

Basic rule of thumb: I never let any personal opinions into decisions and actions made as a mod. Doesn't matter what I say or do outside of that. I can joke around saying that someone is banned, but I would never ban them without a valid reason to do so.

I could just go army mode and order people around instead, but you wouldn't want that. The downside of being both a mod and a normal player is that most people can't seem to imagine that there's a difference, or how much you have to give up to be able to do it.

Firehydrants guide didn't need to be a sticky. That's the conclusion that was made by Aen the mod.

Rawr. Me smash you die.

Last edited by Aenonar; 09-11-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:59 PM   #15
Grakhus
I will FORCE the issue

Your game runs off a UK server with the 78.46.90.145 IP address.
Your forum runs out of a server in Germany with the IP address 213.239.211.142

Both these countries and Sweden, acknowledge a creative forum post to be a work of art, and therefore a copyright work.

p.s. Forgot the american Copyright rules http://www.copyright.gov/title17/

As per your own forum rules:

The owners of NinjaManager Forums reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Remove, edit, move or close. It could be debatable as to whether reposting one's deleted posts is or is not editing. However, I believe that with the addition of the copyright law, posts of the owner, who deleted them, should not be recovered without their Approval.

The users random comments cannot be classified as unique works of art, therefore you have the right to do with them as you please.

Last edited by Grakhus; 09-11-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Forgot one detail
Grakhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #16
XeroMaano
Vampire

NinjaManager. Serious shit.

Anyway, why do you, grak, know the IPs? o_O
Old 09-11-2011, 04:33 PM   #17
Grakhus
I will FORCE the issue

I'm hacking them o_o

No, anyone can learn the IP of a public site.

http://www.selfseo.com/find_ip_address_of_a_website.php

Just put in the site address

Cheers.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:46 PM   #18
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Umm yeah, that's really.. Not interesting or important for the topic whatsoever. You even missed the obvious part that I restored the original posts. As in, I edited them back to their original state. If you had actually cared about this whole thing you would have found out the full story beforehand, which would have made the whole situation clear and you wouldn't have had to track down the IP or write all those useless copyright laws.

Though last I heard, the game servers were located in Germany as well.

Seems more like you're just trying to troll me now, glhf, I've got more important things to do.

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:45 PM   #19
Setirb
Rating: Awesome

WARNING: HUGE WALL OF TEXT AHEAD! IF YOU DIDN'T POST IN THIS TOPIC YOU MIGHT JUST WELL SKIP IT AND NOT WASTE PRECIOUS SECONDS OF YOUR LIFE TIME.

Ok what the freaking hell was all this? oO I just wanted to ask Aeno about FHs guide status as not being a guide everyone should look at which I, for once agree. So why did I asked it?

There are a lot of expert level discussions and exposure of more complicated game mechanics that would probably just confuse the hell out of newbies that would read it. Still the hard to miss disclaimer points out really well what the guide is meant to be. Eventually, even the newbies that wouldn't consider it a "must read" guide like the newbie guides (spar's and rev's) or WM/LW guides SHOULD read it. And this everyone will have to agree.

Yes, the guide points out several information that might already be known, but it's still a great help regarding team setups, LWs to hunt and a lot of tips that might not be that relevant for some of the more distracted players.

Just compare it to your own WM guide Aeno, and now I'm referring to FH's team setups and LWs part of the guide and a high difficulty team setup that a player is trying to make. WM guide is a great source to planning out team setups since you can check elements, HP and plan the time it takes to reach each stage of the game if you use a certain combination of ninjas items and elements. FH's guide helps out by advising some good traditional or cost efficient setups and the LWs that fit them. It also gives out some tips that you might have forgotten/disregarded to boot.

Thus in my humble opinion, I regarded FH's as a must read guide, even if it's not aimed at a population that should be reading guides and asking questions if they want to go far in this game. Hence the reason for my question about the sticky status. It's still there and can be usefull for everyone who cares. I for one will be bumping it up if it seems to be falling into oblivion =)

To Everyone:
I'm not trying to start yet another flame war, and I apologize if my curiosity and questions somehow leaded to these arguments. Remember that Aeno had a lot of work to clean out and organize the whole guide section of the forums, not to mention all the moderation work. This thread is going waaaaay off topic so we should probably just discuss that stuff in PM =P

To Aeno:
Regarding the whole "BW = cheaters, liars and thieves" issue, if you want to talk about, by all means talk about the other clans too. But for what end? Just from the top of my head I remember all the teams that are reported in the inappropriate team names thread that don't even get a real punishment. What's the use of talking about cheating if it's hard as hell just to get anyone pay for their actions?
You were pissed for the BW members that came to this thread to gang up on you, while supporting FH and his guide. But even if someone go that low and throw the stupid "he is doing it for revenge" argument that's still no reason for you to bash a whole clan like that.
Still thanks for answering my question, the stars rating system (seriously how did I overlooked that?) and not going all army mode on us ^^

Last edited by Setirb; 09-11-2011 at 08:47 PM.
Setirb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #20
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Set, Aeno never bashed us, atleast not in this thread, so i got no clue where that final part comes from :\

"Even if we forget the faces of our friends we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls"
Isaac0 is offline   Reply With Quote