NinjaManager Forums

Old 04-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #21
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

atm misslotted xp gain is only reduced one way... No clue why it isn't reduced both ways... Would remove a lot of incentive to misslot ninjas without full stamina

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:49 PM   #22
Carlimas
The People's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenonar View Post
Spoiler:
The main reason isn't to get rid of people using that quick change tactic (they'll most likely get hated and flamed in chat so everyone stop challenging them eventually anyways so it hurts themselves quite a bit for a quick profit).

It's to make the challenge distribution more fair because people go for teams with misslotted ninjas hoping for easy XP which makes other players get fewer challenges just because they're playing legit. So then those legit players are forced to misslot their ninjas as well simply to get challenges, which just isn't how the game is meant to be played.
So if that tactic backfires, wouldnt it stop on its own? Why forbid it?

I was always against this rule and I repeated it multiple times. I should be allowed to play however I want and use tactics I feel confident with on my own risk. (not talking about multiaccounting or similar cheating)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitoru View Post
ample: 7000 team exp can only get exp from teams that have at least 5500+? 1500 team exp or maybe 2000 difference sounds reasonable. Or give your thoughts.
Not a bad idea, but you need an exponential formula for this. You would kill any 15000+ teams summon, if it gets summon exp only from 13000+.

Last edited by Carlimas; 04-10-2013 at 07:59 PM.
Carlimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:53 PM   #23
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlimas View Post
Not a bad idea, but you need an exponential formula for this. You would kill any 15000+ teams summon, if it gets summon exp only from 13000+.

Quite right.. I would be happy with something as simple has red/purple fox only gain experience on their summons for teams over X experience. Its much harder to reach 2K team experience than it is to hit silver rank... If you are going to do something that compares each team's exp against each other, than yes, it needs to either A, grow exponentially, or it needs to have a cap at the top end, where any team over 6K or 7K (or something) will always give summon experience. Otherwise you will be encouraging people to keep their team experience lower and only cause more teams to intentionally lose battles.

In regards to misslotting itself, I think rather than making it against the rules (mostly because its too difficult to make clear rules that are enforceable evenly), there could be ways to simply make it less appealing to use that misslot/bait tactics. Make having higher team exp mean more, take away more experience for misslotting ninjas (with less thatn 200 stamina), give a team penalty (like no summon experience while using misslotted ninjas without 200, or to be realistic more like 150, stamina)

Bloodysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:26 PM   #24
Whisp
The White Man

Why not just take the 25% penalty off of offline users, would open up the floodgates of potential challenges instead of having to sandbag into a more competitive range. Then again this would only work if offline users was permanent which it isn't. Making the exp restrict misslotted stamina could be a hassle, Personally without the Lesser kyuubi it can be hard to get above 100 stamina let alone get someone to 150 without some insane LWs. If you're an amateur that just wants to throw together his dream team it could be an unforeseen consequence.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:10 AM   #25
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

The offline user stuff will not help the upper end of bronze campers I don't believe. As it only shows your own rank (bronze only sees bronze) and it only shows people under your team exp.. I'm one of the top 5 bronze campers, so I only actually show up on 4 other people's offline list, and I don't even know if any of them are active anymore.. I sure don't recall ever getting a challenge from any of them. I've never found it difficult to reach around 150 stamina post level 10 or so on any ninja that I needed it on.. If you have Luna, and a FS pill.. thats 80 stamina right there..

Old 04-14-2013, 02:18 AM   #26
Shadowz

Keep in mind, you are supposed to try to fill every spot of your team. Meaning that if you can fit a starter into an empty slot - do it.

That rule is absurd why would i want a starter to leech exp?

Shadowz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:50 AM   #27
kuuya03

we are yet to fully discuss the importance of team exp.

does it really matter if you are experience dumping?I mean team exp is just a basis of how many bonus experience when you win/lose in BA so lowering your team exp would mean you will get less team exp but you will gain more challenges supposedly.

Yes it does measure how strong your team is, then what?since NM isnt like NA which finds an opponent within your level range but is similar since you will decide whether you want to win or to lose the batte. We can basically spam challenges to anyone but we shouldn't be restricted to challenging only teams within our team exp right?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:01 AM   #28
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

If the entire premise of why we can't misslot our ninjas is that teams are required to be played at their best at all times, then obviously exp dumping is against the rules since you have to weaken your team to do it. Frankly, I think the entire thing is silly, but if its going to be the rule, then it needs to be enforced evenly across the board. I reported weeks ago about a team, and check back in.... he is doing it even worse now. ninjas over lvl 100, and then team is under 7K team exp. Its baiting people, and according to these (newly enforced) rules, that is not allowed... Problem is, its never fixed either.

Old 05-22-2013, 05:23 AM   #29
kuuya03

What we can clearly define as against the rules is multi accounting that's for sure.

if ever, should the admin ban the guy exp dumping on 1st offense for 1 day and on 2nd instance 1 week then 3rd offense 3 weeks then 4th offense 3 months? It is not as heavy as multiaccounting but still punishable. and for the fix, it will natural come :)
Old 05-22-2013, 12:00 PM   #30
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

Hell I don't know what the punishment should be, I don't like the rule to begin with, I just think if they going to make big announcements about enforcing it, then the rule should actually be enforced. Honestly i don't know why the mods made the thread to have players report teams since they clearly aren't monitoring it, and it sure looks like the thread is only there because the mods got so much sh*t for appearing to only enforce rules when it suited them.

Like I said, I think the misslotting and etc rules are dumb, but IF the mods are going to make a big deal out of it in events, or when ever it suits them to, then at the very least they could address the teams that are reported to them in the very threads they set up for that purpose. Jus' saying.. Otherwise remove the thread, cause its just silly to have it there with teams reported a month or more old and still nothing been done to fix it

Old 05-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #31
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Send an email to the support, it's only Udon who can actually do something worthwhile as a punishment anyways...

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:15 AM   #32
kuuya03

if only there was a reason to push for being the one with highest team exp like a prize at the end of the month, if not end of the year, like being the 2nd in line with vice hokage so that would be teams from 5 diff countries going to win the prize which shouldn't go to the inactives ones but how does that sound?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:19 AM   #33
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

I would change that to top 10 (or something), otherwise some people will never have a chance.. Who is going to catch up with Sparhawk? I mean, the ability to challenge offline teams already gave him the MASSIVE advantage to be able to get experience from Xagashi (automatic 77 experience for all his ninjas every challenge) so its not like anyone will ever be able to catch him in levels or take kage spot from him so long as he remains active, it will basically shut down that village for anything for anyone at all, so long as he remains active.

Old 05-23-2013, 05:50 AM   #34
kuuya03

I think it should exclude purple foxes already since, they're already PF. more suitable for RF and below (target audience happy with that lol)

Last edited by kuuya03; 05-23-2013 at 05:58 AM.
kuuya03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 AM   #35
Anbu77
MM's CyberStalker

I dont get how from challenging missloting teams,you end up saying bs for sparhawk,bludysky.
Also mods mods mods mods,duh...
Who can ban teams?Mods!
Who can implement things in game?Mods!
Who's spending most of their times to monitor a game,which most of the users try to abuse?Definitely not the mods!
Got my point?

Stalking noobs since 1992!
Anbu77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:05 AM   #36
Seglarkungen
What we play is life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu77 View Post
I dont get how from challenging missloting teams,you end up saying bs for sparhawk,bludysky.
Who can ban teams?Mods!
Who's spending most of their times to monitor a game,which most of the users try to abuse?Definitely not the mods!
Got my point?
I do not get how pointing out that Sparhawk gets a massive boost from being able to challenge offline teams is bullshit? That is fact and it is making him uncatchable which is the main reason it is discussed to remove the possibility to challenge offline teams for teams for which it was not intended to begin with.

Also why get so upset when it is pointed out that the new report thread does not seem to be monitored? I thought that thread was going to be a link between the players and the mods that could forward relevant cases to Udon. But nothing seems to have happened to the two big misslotting rule offenders posted there. If it has been reported to Udon and he has said it is not rulebreaking and won't be punished feel free to tell us so that we can at least know were to aim our "blaim".

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
Seglarkungen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:26 AM   #37
kuuya03

nah anbu, he wasnt blaming sparhawk but just giving an idea of how my suggestion in how to encourage teams to maintain high team exp. why do i think it's anbu that time of the month? lol

wait, I haven't heard of removing the possibility to challenge offline teams for teams for which it was not intended to begin with. It wasnt my idea if I implied it that way lol
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 AM   #38
Seglarkungen
What we play is life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuuya03 View Post
wait, I haven't heard of removing the possibility to challenge offline teams for teams for which it was not intended to begin with. It wasnt my idea if I implied it that way lol
I think some of the first suggestions was to remove it for all teams below 5k exp because it was mainly intended for newbie teams to be able to get their 30 challs faster. I guess by reducing the waitning time in that phase one increase the chance for players to sticking around a bit longer instead of beeing instantly bored ;)

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!

Last edited by Seglarkungen; 05-23-2013 at 07:40 AM.
Seglarkungen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #39
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anbu77 View Post
Who can ban teams?Mods!
Got my point?
Either A) you didn't bother to read what I wrote, B) you misunderstood what I wrote, or C) you read and understood both, but are trying to start some fight/argument with me for some reason.

So which is it?

First the we see a post where the mods say "this is against the rules, so don't do it." When a player points out that it has been going on for ages, and the top teir teams have been doing it for months if not years in order to get where they are, we are then told "well, we [the mods] don't have time to actually monitor teams, we just take action when we happen to come across rule breakers." to which there is a fair amount of push back at the uneven enforcement of rules. Afterwards the mods create a thread for the players to report teams that are violating these rules and we are told that is where we can 'help out' in catching people. That thread is then promptly ignored and I'm just now told that actually the thread has no purpose I should just go directly to Udon which only goes further to give the impression that the mods only put that thread there to shut us up about how unevenly rules are enforced.

So if you have a problem with me stating as much, feel free to correct me on any point that I'm mistaken about, because thats sure how it looks.

And FYI, my comment about sparhawk was only about how we didn't need yet another system in place in the game where anyone in his village has zero chance to ever reach the top, because due to the way team experience effects ninja experience and the implimentation of the offline challenge system not reducing the min exp amount of a win, he is already unreachable by anyone for a kage slot without HUGE nerfs to immunity (and even that might not do it)

Last edited by Bloodysky; 05-23-2013 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #40
Anbu77
MM's CyberStalker

Not going to continue this,since its not going anywhere.
I apologize for this thing... ~V
Kuuya ;)

Stalking noobs since 1992!
Anbu77 is offline   Reply With Quote