NinjaManager Forums
Old 08-25-2015, 07:03 PM   #281
udon
Catpain
Admin

Well I basically wanna removed it because it's kind of meh right now and I can't get the game ready for testing/release if I'm gonna code everything right now :) I can of course think about reworking it for the future. It's not really about "keeping" it, I have to do all features from scratch which takes time.

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 11:40 AM   #282
udon
Catpain
Admin

Working on the algorithm for stamina and element, anyone have any opinions on doing it like this.

I want to make Element and Stamina be worth more, perhaps ½ of taijutsu each.

Stamina

* Instead of limit of 100 sta to reach lowest penalty, the number now increases with level.

So lvl 1 requires 60 stamina for "full penalty reduction" while lvl 50 might require 200 sta. This way it's easy to make stamina feel useful early on. There will be an "effective stat" value on the ninja page which states how much your 80 stamina is worth at lvl 15 in penalty reduction.

First attack is always 100% original damage.
Second attack is 50-90% of original damage depending on stamina.
Third attack is 30-75%.
Fourth is 10-60%.
Fight is 0-45% and so on reduced by max 15%.

So if you are at level 1 with 20 stamina, you will have 20/60 which is 33% penalty reduction. At level 10 that would instead be 20/80 which is 25%. So you will need more stamina to keep up.

An example with the first value (lv1 20sta, ninja hits for 10 damage) would make the 2nd attack be... 10 * ((0.5 + ((0.9-0.5) * 0.33)) = 6.32 dmg

Element
Element is Res + Ele advantage combined.

Example; Fire ninja Lv 1 with 25 ele vs Wind ninja Lv 1 with 15 ele.

If the defending ninja has more Element than attacker, then there's no bonus dmg from element. Otherwise, we take the difference (25-15 = 10) and use it as a percentage added to original damage. So an attack of 10 damage would become 11. That's kind of a small difference, so what I'm thinking is multiplying this amount based on level.

Might start with x10 at lvl 1 and go down x1 every 5 levels. So even here the attribute will be worth much at lower levels.

Old 08-26-2015, 01:34 PM   #283
TuffHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by XaK0R View Post
huh ? wasnt it already mentioned that there wount be any team naruto ? lemme check

Edit : yeah First post on first page, 3rd point, udon states that naruto team is removed, he might keep the story sequences only ( if anything )
Well... I'm such a pro that I don't read ^_^

Sorry I just had a brain fart moment I guess.

Edit: Interesting use of Stamina based on level. Will it increase indefinately or will it have a hard cap of 200? If it goes up indefinitely it will make Stamina summons far more useful for misslotted teams (even for camping).

Last edited by TuffHunter; 08-26-2015 at 01:36 PM.
TuffHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 11:07 AM   #284
anson
iHerd uLiek

Nice to see more frequent updates recently. I hope you are doing well in your games and work.

The increasing cap to minimize stamina penalty is great as it makes all those surplus stamina useful in higher levels. Not sure how well it combines with the need for stamina for misslotting.

The new penalty though, looks worrying for extremely long battles that require a ninja to stay alive for more than 5 rounds to get enough damage output. Maybe in actual practice it is not that bad compared to the current system but the numbers do look a bit frightening here.

No reduced damage when the defender has a much higher element than the attacker?

The different ability set for different versions of the same character is a needed feature. If I got time later I will try to make a list of what abilities don't feel right for the existing characters.
anson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:27 PM   #285
udon
Catpain
Admin

Tuff: Not sure about caps, i guess till will increase indefinately.

anson: Yeah I've been doing lots of stuff, just haven't been posting any updates since a lot of work has been programming backend stuff that's no one will ever notice ;)

Hm, aren't current values pretty similar, but there's Endurance and stuff to lessen the penalty? The bosses will have to be rebalanced anyways. I also put the numbers a bit steep to try and make Sta be worth a lot.

I don't think defender with high element should be able to cause negative damage? I mean, having elemental advantage (Fire > Wind) should never be able to backfire, right?

Old 08-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #286
Azreal
Darkness Reincarnated

Loving the look of this and can't wait for us to be able to get in there and get our hands dirty on the beta or real game, if we dont get to play with the beta

Event Team
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 06:06 PM   #287
Carlimas
The People's Champion

Maybe its just me, but:

NM 1.0 white/blue -ish theme is clean and I can look at it for extended period of time

NM 2.0 dark brown -ish theme looks crowded and would annoy me after some time
Carlimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 01:21 PM   #288
saad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlimas View Post
Maybe its just me, but:

NM 1.0 white/blue -ish theme is clean and I can look at it for extended period of time

NM 2.0 dark brown -ish theme looks crowded and would annoy me after some time
ehh maybe have theme options? like this one and the new brownish one and maybe one more(to the greenish yellowish side idk)
but i think having the option of slecting old nm colour theme might be cool,would be nostalgic for old players like me to have that theme too.
btw loving the graphics on this game and gl with it man
Old 08-30-2015, 02:20 PM   #289
Carlimas
The People's Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by saad View Post
ehh maybe have theme options? like this one and the new brownish one and maybe one more(to the greenish yellowish side idk)
but i think having the option of slecting old nm colour theme might be cool,would be nostalgic for old players like me to have that theme too.
btw loving the graphics on this game and gl with it man
Make it to have 2 themes, and/or 1 unlockable by achievements or money.
Seriously, I would hardly play it if it was dark
Carlimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 03:00 PM   #290
saad

also ehh what about the forums for nm 2.0 will we use this one?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:08 PM   #291
Eugen

New forums ftw that mention nm as little as possible, it's a new game after all :o
Old 08-31-2015, 12:07 PM   #292
saad

im too dense to decipher what exactly you meant eugen nub.
bout forums i always see that around2 users are online and like 30ish guests are online.so if when we make an acc on the nm game itself we have a boards acc automatically(like in naruto arena)
Old 08-31-2015, 08:06 PM   #293
udon
Catpain
Admin

It's pretty fun making themes so I can probably do a light one if there's enough ppl who request it.

I want to do custom forums integrated with the game, but that'll have to wait. So at least for beta we'll use this one. After that, depends on how many play the game if so I can put more resources into working on it. Probably other priorities higher than forums tho, like ingame stuff.

Here's another battle screen. Adding a level up box!

Old 09-01-2015, 02:56 PM   #294
TuffHunter

Bloodline sense... Ooooh I like where this is going.
Old 09-03-2015, 02:00 PM   #295
teamreaper

Just a quick thought while on the move:

Personally I agree with both thoughts on the ladder system:

That it does give too much of an advantage to people who can be on 24/7 (especially on events) but that it should not be removed, unless necessary as it does give people something to do on NM.

A simple fix could come from the way the individual rewards work. Instead of giving only the first place for each individual reward, maybe give first 3 places a strong consistent reward, (let's say 100% of reward for first place, 95% for second, and 90% for 3rd), while the rest who laddered can get a reward based off how close they came to first place starting at 50% of the achievement of first place.

What does this mean? Well for example, if first place got 300 wins and got 60 ninja exp while another person got 200 wins, the person who got 200 wins would get 2/3 of 60 ninja exp (40 ninja exp) for his achievement. There would be a hard cap at about 85% or at 90% to prevent 4th place from getting more of a reward than 3rd place (e.g. if 3rd place got 298 wins, which is significantly above 90% of 300 wins while 4th place 288 wins, it really wouldn't be fair to give 4th place 96% of 60 ninja exp, right? -Unless we want management to the extreme *evil laugh* jk, nah hard cap it.

This system would promote more laddering actually simply b/c more people would be able to win rewards, without deflating the significance of ladder.

However, on a side note, ladder for clan would be fun - e.g. u get some kind of reward for clan, be it recruit points, some small experience to help unlock abilities faster (ofc that would call for more experience per win and maybe per loss to avoid deflation of value of clan wars), or anything else that comes in mind!
teamreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:04 PM   #296
teamreaper

As for the proposed change to the stamina, idk; it would make the game be even more competitive after we know expected endgame levels but early on, it seems more like a curve ball. However change isn't always bad. This song has a rather interesting view of change (first few sesc): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F01sWKYuMYM but let's see, it may work.
teamreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2015, 05:51 PM   #297
udon
Catpain
Admin

What do you think about giving summons starting stats? They don't have to get them, but it's easy enough to implement. Might be easier to balance. It'll however be more confusing to present to the player. More numbers to keep track of.

What I mean is for example;
Gamakichi: 10 tai + 1 tai per level.
Gamatatsu: 0 tai + 2 tai per level.

Old 09-04-2015, 11:44 PM   #298
XaK0R
KURO Representative

Base stats for Summons would surely let people think about not taking a temp summon twice ^^ . Not really sure about this, would be very helpfull on runs to just have increased overall stats on your ninjas ( since summon does give stats to everyone ), I guess this depends heavily on the sort of stats that are supposed to be base stats. Like if there was base immunity stats, that would be pretty crazy for campers I think, for progressive stats I can see this working, but I dont find it nessesary to be honest.

After all, with this example, a Gamakichi buy would be equal to 6 x 50 ryo ab for example ( they are usally giving 5 or 5,5 attack AV ) and gamakichi costs ? 40 ryo ? I know these are the numbers from current NM and all, and that number was just an example, but I fear base stats would be pretty strong and speeding things up a lot ( if they are are rather high) or they will not make much of an impression, if you have like base stats equal to one Level up at most ( because anything else is pretty much already, I think ). I'd just leave the summons as is, just let them lvl up a little faster, hehe

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on Classic.NinjaManager.com!
XaK0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #299
TuffHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
What do you think about giving summons starting stats? They don't have to get them, but it's easy enough to implement. Might be easier to balance. It'll however be more confusing to present to the player. More numbers to keep track of.

What I mean is for example;
Gamakichi: 10 tai + 1 tai per level.
Gamatatsu: 0 tai + 2 tai per level.
Would definitely be interesting for progression. Just like how certain ninjas have amazing starting stats but less than average growth. Could be a fun quirk
Old 09-05-2015, 04:07 PM   #300
bledii
werewolf

You said earlier that there will be a "mobile friendly" version, but you didn't specify whether it will remain a browser game or a mobile app! :O
bledii is offline   Reply With Quote