NinjaManager Forums
Old 10-10-2009, 09:15 AM   #61
wyldmage

Am I the only one who thinks that people still abusing names should simply be banned for a week?
I'm not referring to "all caps", but rather to the few names I bolded in my previous post.

And speaking of all-caps, with how prevelant it is (and the fact that it seems none of you admin-types are actually changing their names), can you change your rules to either allow it, or actually start taking care of the names?

Nootz OMGWTFBBQ has been linked multiple times in this thread, but never changed despite qualifying for a change (either to "Nootz" or "Nootz omgwtfbbq" or such).

Last edited by wyldmage; 10-10-2009 at 09:29 AM.
wyldmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #62
Aexon
Infernity

http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/29790
[Taichou -Battle Me-]
Aexon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #63
Mawi
Ritsu

http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/78917

Team Mada*ucka
Old 10-11-2009, 03:38 PM   #64
nootz
Pajas

Why change "Nootz - OMGWTFBBQ"?! =.= the only reason it is in big letters is because its short for something... every body knows that?
And i changed it to that when this new rule came because "Nootz" was taken for some odd reason... I thought it would bring som humour into the game and now I have grown really fond of it.
I think this entire rule has become silly, like it has become an hobby of people to look for teamnames that look a little different.
I agree that the teamnames should not contain swearword, ALL caps or messages that say "Accept all" or something like that, but some sort of massage should be allowed for christ sake. For an example "I like cheezballs", a teamname like that would appear on this list for sure but it should not... wtf do cheezballs have to do with anything here?! Let them have their teamname like that if they want to, we should have some freedom when it come to the teamnames. Dont you agree?

And also, how come "THOAS - THOAS - THOAS" get to keep his teamname? He is breaking the rules "more" than me. This is just stupid...
But I have an theory of that, that I am taking prizes in the ladder and get negative publicity of that, they are like thinking "grr, silly boy, you should not take theese prizes! I got it, ill report his name for revenge muahaha" in other words, people report because they are jealous in some cases?... To be honest i dont really care that much Thoas has all caps, but getting me and letting him go for having big letters is just not right...

So please change the teamname back to normal or atleast to "Nootz - omgwtfbbq" even if it looks a lot more stupid that way. :/

Or i got an other idea that solves all the problems about ppl "fucking up" your design on the site. Name all teams Team 1, Team 2, Team 3 and so on... it would be so swell =)

btw: I am not the only one that think this rule is going in the wrong direction...

Last edited by nootz; 10-11-2009 at 03:43 PM.
nootz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:51 PM   #65
KaiKai
El Gordo
Chat Mod

i admit that i am jealous of your ladder bot :(

"Think 2 ways before talking."
KaiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #66
dist
Mr. Low Tai

jesus wyldmage that was one long list of teams. Well i've fixed the ones i thought were breaking the rules.

dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 04:55 PM   #67
nootz
Pajas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiKai View Post
i admit that i am jealous of your ladder bot :(
Ya, and now I get accused of botting too =.= Kinda proves my point that jealous people wanna screw with the person they are jealous at...
Old 10-11-2009, 05:15 PM   #68
suhdi

I gotta say that i totally agree with nootz. Why can't everyone just get to name their to something they want to? Is it because they have better names than you?

I got to agree with taking away all the bad words in the names and all "challenge me" names, but why names like someone just came up with for just that moment? Soon I'll probably get accused for giving my team the name "Mitsugori" just because someone is jealous of it?

Like nootz said, this has just become silly...
suhdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:23 PM   #69
dist
Mr. Low Tai

I tend to only change names that have Accept/challenge, curses/inappropriate words and "spam" in them.

I.e removing "E2Q46AGFTW" from Team 2xMachina E2Q46AGFTW.

Nothing wrong with the team name being written in caps tho.

Money Makers <- nothing wrong with that team name either. There were only a handful of wyldmage post that were changed.

Last edited by dist; 10-11-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 05:37 PM   #70
nootz
Pajas

@ dist

Yeah, i cant even find "E2Q46AGFTW" on google so I guess thats ok...
but would you, dist remove "OMGWTFBBQ"? If so the case, would you remove "omgwtfbbq"?

Because omgwtfbbq actually is something
Old 10-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #71
dist
Mr. Low Tai

Haha well that depends on my mood i guess. Which is wrong to say but still.

I don't see any reason to have OMGWTFBBQ (upper- or lowercase) in the team name, and it is kind of a message and not a "name".

Old 10-11-2009, 05:44 PM   #72
Chaos0830
The Inescapable Sin

that made me lol, love the picture

I hate Internet Explorer!
Chaos0830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 06:12 PM   #73
nootz
Pajas

As I said in an previous post "we should have some freedom when it come to the teamnames" and by saying so i was meaning that not all messages should be forbidden, only messages saying something about the accept ratio. It is just not cool to forbid ALL messages.

That is what I mean about this rule is taking the wrong direction. Dont kill the fun.

And might I ask you what kind of message do "omgwtfbbq" sends you?
Because it aint really a message
And there is many other teams reported for having message but it aint really messages...
Old 10-11-2009, 06:17 PM   #74
dist
Mr. Low Tai

OMGWTFBBQ doesnt bother me much. Thats why i havent changed it. As i said, i dont change many team names that have messages in em. Unless they have what i previously mentioned in em.

Old 10-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #75
nootz
Pajas

"Nothing that implies your current status or accept rate etc." Says the rule about messages, but someone is changing teamnames having so called messages in them despite not breaking this rule. That is wrong and should not continue. It is ok that I might have to have the teamname "Nootz" this round, but this has to come to an end. You cant edit teamnames that is not really breaking the rules.

To be honest I loved it when the rule first came, to get som order into it. Otherwise would all have "Acc all" or something like that in the name and thats not specially cool.
But dont you think you are crossing some kind of line here? Removing ALL messages no exceptions, thats just mean and boring for all on NinjaManager.

And by mean I mean that i got my teamname edited without knowing it was really braking any rules, and so might many others feel... (And I still think that I did not break any rules)

Last edited by nootz; 10-11-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 06:53 PM   #76
nootz
Pajas

Awsome, I love you guys! I hope you all agree with what I am saying =)

Just noticed that you fixed my teamname back to normal
Old 10-11-2009, 07:29 PM   #77
emma
mommy amigo

see! dist is a good guy really :P
can i just ask, i shortened my name to OKEY III, because okeydokey was longer to type, and caps cos changing for the III was annoying. is the name OKEY III okay?
yes im lazy, and capslock is my mortal enemy, i hate that button to death, but okey iii just looks....stupid. lemme know if the caps things an issue, ill remember for future reference.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:02 PM   #78
wyldmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nootz View Post
Ya, and now I get accused of botting too =.= Kinda proves my point that jealous people wanna screw with the person they are jealous at...
Nootz, you were just the person I used an example - your name was on this thread several times without being changed.

The rule about caps is kinda vague, and I was hoping for clarification or similar. I've seriously got nothing against you, and I know exactly what your name means ;)

What I would MUCH rather see happen are bans for people who break the rule regarding their accept rate. 3 days? 1 week? *something* to penalize them.

And Dist, you missed one:
http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/48603 - Team acc all25

Last edited by wyldmage; 10-11-2009 at 08:05 PM.
wyldmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #79
Mawi
Ritsu

http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/83029
MY *USSY FOR FREE XP HERE

i lol'd :>
Old 10-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #80
Sukase
Ronin

http://www.ninjamanager.com/teams/75291
KILL ME XP FREE