NinjaManager Forums

Old 02-24-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
udon
Catpain
Admin

Default Summon buffs and A week with AA

We are going to try 1 week with Auto-accept on for everyone. This will work exactly like on events. The main reason is to give new players a better chance to find challenges. More often than not, new players fail to realize that accepting all challenges actually helps you, so it can be tough to even advance the "tutorial" stage of the game.

Another thing we will be trying is to give players a set of offline teams that they can challenge. These teams will show up below the online teams, and the amount depends on how many online teams were found. If you can't find any online teams in your power range (which is often the case for newly registered players) there will be plenty of offline teams to choose from.

To make things more worth for online teams, both you and the challenged online team will receive about 25% more ninja experience from the match. This should make it worthwhile to browse the online list first, before moving on to the offline teams.

We will be trying this setup for about a week, so please reply with your thoughts and potential problems this change might cause!

Summon buffs
Giant Panda has been buffed from +3.3 ninjutsu to +4 ninjutsu. This should make the summon be a on a power level between Nibi and Spirit Dragon.
Giant Conch has been buffed from +2 taijutsu to +3 taijutsu. This makes it much more viable, while still capping it from being too powerful because the critical chance attribute caps at 50% (when Conch is lvl 17).

Forbidden Jounins from 9th event
These are now available on the regular server!

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

Very cool, thanks Udon!

Bloodysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
thndrkiss
?????

I dont know if its suppose to this way.. but,
Offline Teams shows up when you un-check "Ranks" and sort out.

But thanks Udon, for finally bringing something new other then new FNx :-)

Thanks Amad2 for siggy
thndrkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:14 PM   #4
udon
Catpain
Admin

Also made the FNJs from the event available on the regular server.

Old 02-24-2013, 01:27 PM   #5
Eugen

Have to admit that challenging offline teams at the cost of -25% is a very well thought idea and it's nice to see some updates once in a while, thanks Udon. Will the existing rules apply to challenging offline teams (the amount of challenges to max a certain team out, the amount of hours until being able to challenge the team again, becoming tired...)?
Old 02-24-2013, 01:35 PM   #6
udon
Catpain
Admin

Yes, they have the same limits. I could make harsher limits for offline challenges though, which are then reverted back to normal when that team is online.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:05 PM   #7
Getsuga Tenshou
Saigo no Getsuga Tenshou

Nice work Udon :D I like the offline team idea :)
Old 02-24-2013, 02:31 PM   #8
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

Sweet, I just noticed, this is fun for my bronze camper.. I can finally see how I really stack up against the other bronze campers around me.. Fun! Now if only I could sneak attack them finally so i can something to spend my WE on other than water country missions lol

Old 02-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #9
Seglarkungen
What we play is life

I really like this change! I just hope that all challanges won't go to old inactive teams now but mainly to the active ones.

However the best change is all getting AA now. I think farming both AA and c+ is a huge reason why so few never continue past beginner-easy. Make c+ a little more expensive (to keep some gold farming element in the game) and permanentely give eveyone AA!

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
Seglarkungen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:13 PM   #10
katashi2009
Still alive

So the newbies get a free AA now? I feel the time i wasted saving for it wasted...

This is one Katashi you don't wanna fuck with.
katashi2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:16 PM   #11
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Stop complaining Kata :p
You spent ages getting to kage rank and then resetted xD

I think its a good idea, and now we can challenge offline teams, hell i'll finally be able to use all of my WE :3

Great idea Udon :)

Quick Ideas:
Wouldn't it be better for a Ryo nerf instead of Exp?
People will purposely not challenge offline teams because of the exp nerf, especially when your on the higher diffs and you really need it.
Maybe something like Two less Ryo when you win and No Ryo at all if you lose.

Also am i the only one thinking that Tonton could use a little boost, i think that the grwoths of Tonton aren't very useful until it reaches a high level and most summons of that category are only about Lv 10-15 (Notice i said MOST). Maybe a small boost oculd head its way? even if it bumps up the Chakra cost?

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...

Last edited by drag0nf0rce; 02-24-2013 at 03:31 PM.
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:46 PM   #12
kzaries

Do the offline team get those challenges too?

If someone challenged me while I was offline do I get exp too?

Also, ryo penalty might be a better penalty.
kzaries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
Seglarkungen
What we play is life

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post

Quick Ideas:
Wouldn't it be better for a Ryo nerf instead of Exp?
People will purposely not challenge offline teams because of the exp nerf, especially when your on the higher diffs and you really need it.
Maybe something like Two less Ryo when you win and No Ryo at all if you lose.
In my case my main gets access to a few really old teams with weak lvl+60 ninjas giving me very high exp even with the nerf. Also as Blood already stated the few active bronze campers finally get access to other bronze campers and for them a ryo nerf wouldn't really do anything since they can't buy stats anyway. So ryo wouldn't necessarily be a better nerf than exp although a combination of the two might be a good idea to nerf both medium-high exp team as well as low exp teams. However we should probably wait a week or more with discussing nerfs and see how this plays out ;)

Old 02-24-2013, 05:08 PM   #14
tomieh
U have no right to choose

Nice addition, I feel like new players don't have a chance since most active players are in higher ranks. If you made it all beginner and easy teams get AA and then make them have to buy it for med, it would help keep them active because i'm sure most active teams notice they get challenges from teams that can't beat their first character.
tomieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

You get an xp penalty to offline teams (actually, it's an xp bonus to online teams, offline teams have the same xp multipliers as before) because otherwise it would be unfair to the teams that actually spend hours online playing the game. Otherwise it would just be more worthwhile to challenge close offline teams than challenging not so close but online teams, yet the offline teams might not even be active and need the challenges.

The majority of the xp and ryo comes from incoming challenges after all. And if there's no point in challenging online and active teams, well... The game would just get extremely slow and boring to play for those who really do play.

The offline challenge function is meant as a worst case situation when there are no viable opponents to challenge

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #16
Superbun
Yay, Tibbers!
Mini Mod

The new offline feature is great for the lower ranks however it is broken for camping teams on higher ranks.

For teams with very high level ninjas, the penalty on the ninja exp is pointless as 25% of zero is still zero. These teams rely on the team exp to gain experience for their ninjas so the ability to challenge teams with high team exp that have long been inactive means that there is no incentive left to challenge currently active teams.

This would mean a lack of challenges for new camping teams. For high end camping teams, this system allows them to gain a further advantage in terms of leveling, for example if Sparhawk were to beat Xagashi he would receive at least 76 exp for every ninja that fights.

I think this feature should only apply to teams on pink, bronze and maybe silver ranks. Teams on Gold and higher should have no trouble finding someone to challenge.

Sig made by wahnoob
Superbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #17
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

I agree with the guy with the annoyingly high lvl ninjas!

Old 02-24-2013, 06:10 PM   #18
Seglarkungen
What we play is life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbun View Post
The new offline feature is great for the lower ranks however it is broken for camping teams on higher ranks.

For teams with very high level ninjas, the penalty on the ninja exp is pointless as 25% of zero is still zero. These teams rely on the team exp to gain experience for their ninjas so the ability to challenge teams with high team exp that have long been inactive means that there is no incentive left to challenge currently active teams.

This would mean a lack of challenges for new camping teams. For high end camping teams, this system allows them to gain a further advantage in terms of leveling, for example if Sparhawk were to beat Xagashi he would receive at least 76 exp for every ninja that fights.

I think this feature should only apply to teams on pink, bronze and maybe silver ranks. Teams on Gold and higher should have no trouble finding someone to challenge.
Another way to go at it could be to limit the availiable offline teams to active ones mby? Then the ppl recieving these challanges would atleast be ppl who are still playing. But y I still see how this could be exploited by the biggest campers BUT limiting it by rank is not really a soulution. If Sparhawk would start using his alt again it'd definately be able to exploit this function and there are still a few active bronze teams growing (Bloody for example) so I'd suggest and exp limit instead. By 5k team exp any one should have beaten beginner, could that be a good limit?

Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #19
Bloodysky
BloodyNight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seglarkungen View Post
there are still a few active bronze teams growing (Bloody for example)
Once you go Bronze your team can start dropping da bombz! Booyah, slant rhyme ftw

But as to your question.. i would raise that exp limit to 10000, its the teams above that where that sitation of the extreme high level campers would really come into play and by the time any team reaches that mark should be able to beat (or be very close to beating) any difficulty. Shouldn't punish the players that are on forbidden because of fear that a camp team might grow too fast...

Old 02-24-2013, 07:32 PM   #20
Superbun
Yay, Tibbers!
Mini Mod

A limit based on team exp sounds good.

I think 10k for the limit is too high. As you said, that is around the point where campers start to distinguish themselves and having a limit that high might lead to these teams losing on purpose to stay under 10k.

A 5k limit sounds reasonable IMO. I would probably recommend 7-8k max if you want to go higher, I think that's around an end game impo team if I'm not mistaken. Although limiting the number of challenges to 4 or so like in the events might be needed for above 5k to prevent things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seglarkungen View Post
In my case my main gets access to a few really old teams with weak lvl+60 ninjas giving me very high exp even with the nerf.
Also any chance we'll get a FM and offline filter option?

Sig made by wahnoob
Superbun is offline   Reply With Quote