NinjaManager Forums

Old 08-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #61
L3Th4L
Asshole

If he wanted real profit, he wouldn't invest that amount of money to a club like Anzhi. Football barely brings profit, especially with inflated price like these in the market. He's not a dumb, he realized he will never make profit at the rate he spends money at in Anzhi.

People always think that the owners are dumb when they invest hundreds of millions in smaller clubs. No, they are not dumb, this is a playground for them or they feel morally better for giving something back to the community. If he wanted money, he'd have invested in a mid table EPL team that'd actually bring him consistent profit.

An example of good, yet, very large investment is Chelsea. Abramovich understood very well what investing a large sum of money in a PL club could do (So does Kerimov, but he clearly isn't going for ROI), so he bought some established players to lift his team up to the CL spots where the real money flows. After the club was in a good position to attract top talent, he started spending more money on younger talent which has potential to generate even more revenue.

Abramovich's plan with Chelsea is very similar to how debt works in football. Clubs see the potential of return (very safe investment too, assuming it doesn't completely fail in some aspect. Good example is United) so they go in debt. If you can pay off the debt, the interest, and then make profit, why not take the "loan"? It's exactly the same, only Abramovich is investing his own money, so basically Chelsea are in debt to him.

However, this doesn't work at all for Kerimov because the Russian league generates way, way less revenue than the EPL and very few people are actually investing nearly as much as Kerimov to make the league more attractive. Assuming that a person whose net worth is above 7 billion didn't see this coming is just dumb.

The story that Kerimov was just really tired of players' attitudes is far more believable than him suddenly realizing that Anzhi will never be self sustaining, in my opinion at least.

Edited the post five hundred billion times because it's 3AM and I'm retarded.

Last edited by L3Th4L; 08-30-2013 at 10:03 AM.
L3Th4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #62
Eugen

I agree with the last part of your post, but giving something back to the community? He's only making a small amount of quite rich people even richer. With all the big names in, foorball in the top division of the country and even European football now and then, the tickets only got more expensive probably. The only thing that he could give to the people that could be seen from a moral point of view is joy in my opinion. Joy and some kind of patriotism (think Anzhi can't be really counted as a part of Russia).

As for him feeling morally better? Nah, I kinda don't buy it. It's more of a playground where they just want to show off and throw money like it's nothing. They feel superior that way imho :o

Probably not fair from me but I'm kinda an admirer of Abramovich and his way of thinking so far at Chelsea. In a way he's no diffrent from Kerimov but he just seemed more passionate and involved in the whole process.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:39 PM   #63
L3Th4L
Asshole

If Kerimov wanted money, he'd invest in a different club. Makhachkala is a complete shit hole, even the players only come there to play home games. Dagestan is all the dramatized things you see about Russia on TV, but everything combined into one place. Kerimov certainly wasn't expecting to bring in a lot of foreign money there, he's not dumb.

The average attendance to Anzhi's games were below HALF of what the Anzhi Arena can provide in terms of spectator places, and the stadium only seats 30,000 people. There was not a single game in last season where the stadium would be full. You know what's the funniest part from all of this? The average season ticket (excluding VIP areas, because who buys those anyway?) costs around 94 dollars. So we can rule out making any profit from tickets too.

Russia's government clearly had a say in Kerimov's investment, like they do in most of billionaire's investments that happen in Russia, but I'm sure they couldn't be this shortsighted. It's very, very unreasonable to sell the most expensive club's assets for a cheap price after acquiring the club just two years before.

As for Abramovich, I like what he's doing as well. Next season, for finishing top 3 in EPL you'll get close to 100 million quid ONLY from the TV/prize money. Sure, it still won't be enough for Chelsea to be self sustaining for a while, but in a few years time it will. They could field a starting 11 with players who are under 26 years old and still be one of the top teams in EPL. Kerimov did the exact opposite though. He brought in older players, who aside from Roberto Carlos and Eto'o barely have any marketing value outside of Russia.

Unless Putin & co. promised some of that 30 billion dollars that's meant to "revive" Dagestan as a vacation spot for foreigners was actually promised to Kerimov, him trying to make any profit from Anzhi doesn't make any sense. And if the Russian government promised Kerimov some of those billions, then why pull out now? The reconstruction only started.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:09 PM   #64
Eugen

Can't wait for fifa 14 to play some games with Yaya and Fernandinho as holding midfielders, both have been superb today, kinda unfair for Hull at the end of the day though.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #65
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Just finished work
Someone pls tell me Liverpool-Man U score

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 04:30 PM   #66
L3Th4L
Asshole

1-0 for Liverpool.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #67
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Fucking Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
Old 09-02-2013, 06:42 PM   #68
euras
Pervy Sage

that's nowhere near sweet... unless were talking about my table position, couple more weeks and i will be where i should be, on top of the table.
euras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:28 PM   #69
L3Th4L
Asshole

Fuck off Arsenal
Old 09-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #70
Eugen

Hell yeah :D

Edit:

Fellaini and Coentrao... pretty ok, better than expected

Meh, Lukaku should've been given a chance at Chelsea, more playing time at the toffees is probably better for his career though

Edit 2:
Coentrao loan deal backfired after all, damn you skysports for being so affirmative last night

Last edited by Eugen; 09-03-2013 at 09:58 AM.
Eugen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 06:48 PM   #71
L3Th4L
Asshole

Lukaku guaranteed started for Everton, first time in FPL I find it hard to pick right forwards because there are so many good ones. Will be funny to see Eto'o get injured and then Chelsea struggle with their forwards yet again.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #72
euras
Pervy Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugen View Post
Edit 2:
Coentrao loan deal backfired after all, damn you skysports for being so affirmative last night
and thats awesome that hes stays at real, no one can replace evra and if someone tries evra leaves... that would be terrible. damn ozil 10 mil price :/
euras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #73
Eugen

Kerimov aka Icarus :o wonder how far it's true, might explain the sudden sell better, although... who knows
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #74
L3Th4L
Asshole

Hm. If this is the case, I wonder if he was unable to find buyers for the whole club instead of selling players one by one.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #75
L3Th4L
Asshole

Glen Johnson out for 10 weeks.
Old 09-12-2013, 04:00 PM   #76
KaiKai
El Gordo
Chat Mod

downfall of LFC begins

"Think 2 ways before talking."
KaiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #77
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

..... well..crap

Old 09-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #78
spaz23

No offence but i personally dont rate Glen Johnson, Losing Sturridge or Coutinho would be way worse :P
spaz23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:11 PM   #79
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Glen Johnson is an amazing defender that frequently makes run up to support either counter attacks or even the mid-field, he does quite alot of work. True there's always someone else and these days there are better than him, however he an amazing footballer :3

Old 09-13-2013, 12:01 AM   #80
spaz23

Well i remember clearly him choking with England in the World cup
I personally just feel he can be a liability on defence. Just my opinion dont shoot me :P
I just feel in the current Liverpool setup he is useful not a key player :P
Atleast Liverpool doesnt bench players like Kagawa so that says something. I hate seeing our most creative player on the bench

Last edited by spaz23; 09-13-2013 at 02:24 PM.
spaz23 is offline   Reply With Quote