NinjaManager Forums
Old 10-13-2014, 04:22 PM   #1
Heathcliff

Default Unerfing Spirit Dragon

Hi guys. First of all, I'm sorry for making a new thread for this topic. This is because I don't know where to put this topic. Sorry

So, let's get to the point. I thought for while that it is fair for spirit dragon to be unerfed, meaning it gets its original stats back (5 nin & 5 rerolls per level I think). Well, I have several reasons for this:

1. It is a OW summon, and it is harder to get than Shima, Fukasaku,Gamaken, Gamahiro and Drill-beaked Bird (since you have to beat 'long lost dragon' mission to be able to recruit spirit dragon. In other words, it needs more effort and a stronger team to get spirit dragon in your team.

2. Summons like fukasaku give a total attack value of: 3.25 (6.5 tai) + 2 (2 endurance) = 5.25 AV/level

gamaken: 3+2.5=5.25 AV/level
but
Spirit Dragon: 2 (4nin) + 2.5 (5 reroll) = 4.5 AV/level

The long and short message of this thread is that I believe spirit dragon deserves better stats since it is harder to get than summons which only requires you to reach OW to get. Even if Spirit Dragon is given one more nin, it still has less attack value than fuka, gamaken, shima, drill-beaked bird and gamaken. 2.5 (5nin) + 2.5 (reroll) = 5 AV/lvl which is > 5.25 AV/level.

Making Spirit Dragon have 6 nin and 6 reroll would even be better and more fair I believe. This is because 6nin &6reroll gives a total of 6AV/level. Well, spirit dragon requires you to finish "Long Lost Dragon" in Otherworld after all.

Note: I know that there has been a lot of debates about this topic, but I believe that spirit dragon deserves better stats than just 4nin&5reroll per level.

Thanks for reading :) I hope I did my calculations correctly and sorry for my bad English too haha

Last edited by Heathcliff; 10-13-2014 at 04:29 PM.
Heathcliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
saad

been too long since i played this game but if im not wrong low seal ispretty darn OP so people felt the need to nerf SD.
Old 10-15-2014, 09:07 PM   #3
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Never ever use AV for any balancing calculations... Or anything else for that matter...

SD is awkward because it only works for one type of team, so if you're trying to mix or use bad ninjas/items you lose a LOT of the effectiveness... It's pretty much the same range as the rest, just requires more planning to utilize...

It could go to like 6 reroll, but that's about it really.

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 03:43 PM   #4
Heathcliff

I see, so SD is almost no better than panda in a sense... Hmmm so getting panda is prob a better option than SD, since it is easier to get, cheaper and consumes less chakra... And Panda only works for a particular team too.. I get it now :)
Old 11-03-2014, 05:55 PM   #5
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

panda is pretty much exactly in the middle between Nibi and SD in both power and chakra

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote