NinjaManager Forums
Old 09-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
Sparhawk
Knight

Question Newbee Survival Guide!

This guide is being created to help newbies who either are just getting started, or who just want to learn a little more about the game. It will cover basic strategies for those starting out on beginner.

The topics to be covered are as follows:
[I] - Introduction, learning your way around ninjamanager.
[II] - Foundations of team building, types of teams.
[III] - Team progress, progressing through the worldmap, and preparing for the endgame.
[IV] - Ladder, how does it work, and what to watch out for.
[V] - Chatango. How to get in on the chat, and why it's not wise to annoy Aenonar.
[VI] - Forums, best way to use it, and who to look out for.
[VII] - How to hunt Legendary Weapons, which ones to get, and which ones to carry over.
[VII] - How to gather ryo quickly, saving up for chakra+/autoaccept team upgrades.
[IX] - Miscellaneous tips.

Work in progress, please bear with me as this is the first time I've ever written a guide, and I only plan on working on it here and there until it's completed.

Credits:
udon, for creating ninjamanager, and constantly updating us with new features.
Bahamut, for his work on the ryo+ gains FAQ.
dist, for his work on the chat/forum rules.
L3th4l, for his work on the common newbie questions FAQ.
Reversal, for his work on the Legendary Weapons (LW) FAQ. Will miss you buddy! Thanks for
renaming your team to BoycottSparhawksLunaSword before leaving. Classy move! ¬_¬

Last edited by Sparhawk; 09-28-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:38 AM   #2
Sparhawk
Knight

[I] Introduction

If you're brand new, welcome!

The first thing is to get yourself orientated with the game. This can be done by carefully reading through the in-game tutorial. DO NOT SKIP any parts in this section. Probably 90% of questions asked can be answered here, so read carefully!

http://www.ninjamanager.com/help

Frequently Asked Questions, also known as FAQs, can be found here:
http://www.ninjamanager.com/help/faq

Additionally, another common questions FAQ has been created by L3th4l that can be found here: http://www.ninjamanager.net/showthread.php?t=1294

Last edited by Sparhawk; 09-26-2009 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Sparhawk
Knight

[II] - Foundations of team building

Ninjamanager is a strategy game. While strategy will play a huge role in regards to how well your team performs both in world map and battle arena; the quick answer to, "What's the best team?" or "How can I create the strongest team?" is like most games... it depends. It depends on what your goals are, and what exactly you're trying to accomplish with the team; but for the most part, the best advice is to, play a team that you enjoy playing with.

In beginner mode, you will basically have 130 chakra to use by the endgame. This amount of flexibility gives room for many team types. Note the following 3 details when planning your end game team.
1 - The starting genin once transmigrated will cost 8 chakra. This can't be halved.
2 - The forbidden genin once acquired will cost 10 chakra. This can't be halved.
3 - All other ninjas and summons can be halved. This means paying half their cost to reduce their chakra cost in half.

The following is a list of one basic effective team type, followed by two specialized types. This is by no means a full list, and once again, you are in no ways restricted to these three.

Hybrids:
What the majority of players use. This is one of the most effective builds that allows for the most flexibility in ninjas you can pick. It focuses on using a mix of high seal/balanced/low seal ninjas to try and have the best of both worlds, although at a reduced rate of course. A solid cookie cutter version of this consists of a transmigrated starter, a 350 genin, a forbidden genin, 2 akatsuki level jounins, a strong kage, and a combat summon.
- Pros: Much higher potential damage than high seals. Much higher consistency than low seals.
- Cons: Much less consistency than a high seal team. Less potential damage than a low seal team.

High Seals:
Basically a full team of ninjas who aim to get their seal to 19. These teams focus on having very high ninjutsu immunity by maximizing their seals, while also having the best consistency of all possible types. The ninjas ideally have very high tai growth per level. Supported by a combat summon. Ninjas you find in this group are those such as Rock Lee, Kimimaro, Gai, Ebizou, etc.
- Pros: Best consistency which is great for farming legendary items. Allows efficient use of world and battle arena energy. You generally know whether or not you will win particular battles, so you can focus on maximizing energy usage. Generally the best team type overall on battle arena. High nin immunity given from seals.
- Cons: Lowest potential damage due to consistent damage output. Will require a few more levels to complete the game than hybrid/low seals.

Low Seals:
Basically a full team of ninjas who aim to get their seal down to 1. The focus of the team is to have high potential damage, and then make their damage more consistent with the help of reroll. The ninjas ideally have very high nin growth per level. It's main choice for a summon is the Spirit Dragon. Ninjas you find in this group are those such as Orochimaru, Deidara, Itachi, Chiyo, etc.
- Pros: Highest potential damage. Scales the best on lower difficulties after acquiring Spirit Dragon.
- Cons: Will waste a ton of world energy trying to luck their way to SD which is gotten very late. Worst performers in battle arena without reroll. Draws the least incoming challenges of all other team types. No immunity given from seals.

Now that you have a sense of different team types, get started on building your 130 chakra team. Don't forget to halve whatever ninjas and summons that you can in factoring your end game team. You can get started by referring to the game guide in the Help section to plan out your team.
http://www.ninjamanager.com/help/game-guide

* Which village should I start in, and which genin should I pick?
After planning out your team, go check the game guide to see what ninjas fall under which village. By starting out in a village that has a kage or jounins from your village, you'll end up saving a ton on village tax. If you must have your favorite character who's from another village, that's fine too, just be prepared to pay the additional village tax to acquire the rest of your team, or defend village a lot to lower the taxes. There is no real "best" starting genin. Pick one that's either your favorite, or one that's from a village with the jounin/kage you plan on using for your end game team. The amount of ryo you start with is based off how popular the genin is. The less popular the genin is, the more starting ryo is given as an incentive to pick the character to balance out the ninja population a little better.

Last edited by Sparhawk; 09-28-2009 at 07:04 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
Sparhawk
Knight

[III] - Team progress, progressing through the worldmap, and preparing for the endgame.

* Help, I'm stuck on <blank>. What should I do?
Check to see that your lineup is at it's strongest element wise. Meaning, make sure that by the time your genins/jounins/kage goes up against their opponent, they have an elemental advantage over them, or at the very least, do not have an elemental disadvantage against them. Shifting your lineup around for each battle can make all the difference.

Here's the elemental order in case you need a refresher, there's an image of it on the battle arena page too if you scroll down past the chatbox.

Water > Fire > Wind > Lightning > Earth > Water

If you still can't get by the mission by fixing your elements, and having your best ninjas in, then you simply have to continue leveling up your ninjas. Always focus on leveling the weakest one up as soon as possible. Don't let any fall too far behind.

* I just got <blank>, how do I level <blank> up quickly?
Here are a few ways to level up recently acquired ninjas, or those that have fallen behind greatly:
- Arrange your lineup so that you have fodder ninjas in front of the ninja you want to level. Fodder ninjas can be either weak ninjas like kono trio, or misplaced ninjas. You basically want them to soak up hits from a strong ninja so that by the time that ninja reaches the one you want to level, he will have a huge stamina penalty nearly guaranteeing a kill which will net a lot of xp win or lose due to the difference in levels between the two ninjas.
- Sneak attack weaker teams. Focus on finding teams that have 2-3 ninjas in a row that will have elemental disadvantage against your ninja, and attack them.
- After your new ninja reaches level 4 or 5, you can repeat the "Three Experiments" mission in Water Country instead of sneak attacking which is generally more efficient. You can net close to 20 xp for every 6 world energy used that way.

* Is my team strong enough to beat the game?
After getting all the ninjas and summon for your end game lineup, focus on getting rid of any weaknesses that they might have. That generally means making sure they all have their 400/800 skills, and having 100 stamina if not close to it. Get rid of any 200s or 50s skills that wouldn't help as much as either a fresh soldier pill or a robust nunchuku.

The key to beating the game is a balanced team. You're only as strong as your weakest links because you will need your entire team to contribute. So if one or two of your ninjas do really pitiful damage, focus on leveling them up immediately.

Most teams finish beginner with ninjas that have an average level of 27-28 I'd say. If you focus on keeping your ninjas equally leveled, especially the genins and jounins, then generally, by the time your in that range with a strong summon, you should be definitely close if not ready to beat the game! =)

Last edited by Sparhawk; 09-28-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:41 AM   #5
Sparhawk
Knight

[IV] - Ladder

The ladder was created as a way for users to waste some time in between waiting for energy to refresh. It does not require any energy to play, and can be played as often as a user likes.

The main benefits of playing ladder is that there are awards given out to top performers in a number of categories. Stats such as highest win ratio, most wins, most losses, most damage, etc are all kept track of, and small prizes are given to either the top 3 overall winners, or to the top individual winners. The prizes range from ryo, energy, xp, to sometimes even legendary weapons. The higher the rank, the better the prizes awarded. While the prizes are worthwhile if you can achieve them, it takes a lot of time and effort to win them, and a major drawback of ladder is that after a certain amount of time playing the ladder, you are automatically moved up to the next rank of ladder, eventually reaching the highest level where competition is totally stacked by teams who decide to camp on beginner.

Please note that for some of the prizes, there is a variable amount of battles that is required for you to become "eligible" to qualify that goes up with how many battles are being played overall within that ladder. This will be shown near the top if you look closely. So be sure to check how many battles are needed to qualify before committing to it if you are after a specific prize.

The best advice therefore, is that outside of possibly playing ladder for specific individual rewards for xp, if you are aiming for one of the top overall awards, it's best to wait until your team is strong enough to win nearly all of it's battle in that rank. Otherwise, you risk getting moved up and having even less of a chance at earning a top prize. Of course, the opposite is then true, that once you reach the highest ladder rank, playing it has no drawbacks as long as you think you can achieve certain individual awards. Otherwise, play it just for fun. One good thing is that ladder can function as a way of measuring your team up against other teams without having to waste any battle arena energy.

Last edited by Sparhawk; 09-28-2009 at 03:33 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #6
Sparhawk
Knight

[V] - Chatango

One great part of ninjamanager is the social aspect of it. The chatroom powered by chatango is currently the only way to get to know one another outside of the forums, and allows users to sort of put a face behind the team, figuratively speaking.

First and foremost, you want to read the rules. These rules are maintained and updated regularly by dist, so be sure to review it once in a while to be up to date on changes to policy.
http://www.ninjamanager.net/announcement.php?f=2

* Who's Aenonar, and why should we be afraid of him?
From what I've been told, Aenonar is a demon lord who eats babies. On the chat, that means if you annoy him by breaking rules, he will ban you, and possibly eat your unborn child. Known for his twitching; where his face contorts into an uncontrollably rage whenever he witnesses a rule being broken, he basically goes from being evil to becoming uhh... even more evil as his hand moves inevitably towards the ban icon. So better scroll back up and click that link that I'm sure you skipped!

* Who are the mods?
A list of current mods can be found here. http://www.ninjamanager.net/showgroups.php

For your convenience, I will list them in order of evilness:

Minaro [SuperMod/Vacation] (Lucky for many, he is almost never seen patrolling the chat)
Aenonar [ChatMod] (Unlucky for many, he is almost always seen patrolling the chat)
Pwanto [ChatMod/Inactive]
Lee [ChatMod] (Rarely warns; semi-lurker; you break the rules, he breaks your face =X)
dist [SuperMod] (Firm and fair but more importantly... LAZY, ranked higher after claiming evil intentions)
Sparhawk [SuperMod] (Lurks, rarely gives out temp bans anymore)
Asumi[ChatMod] (Newly appointed, some quick research shows that she was born toting dual pistols, at least if this post is accurate. http://www.ninjamanager.net/showpost...1&postcount=21
Semb [SuperMod/Inactive] (Unsure of him, will leave him here, rarely patrols the chat)
Bahamut [ChatMod/Inactive] (Fair and consistent)
Lampan [ChatMod/Inactive] (Too much of a social butterfly to be taken seriously =P)
nmudon [Admin] (Can't be bothered with banning, comes on just to give updates on features or to curse about something in particular that's on his mind)

* I was banned, how long will I be banned for?
It depends on the order of evilness, please refer to the chart above. Generally, "regulars" are given the benefit of temporary bans based on severity and how often they break a rule or cause trouble, while anons and those who seem to have complete disregard for the rules will often get permabans.

* Why can't I make = signs in the chat?
You will have to expand the chatbox by clicking the link above the chatbox. Why the equal sign turns to + is anyone's guess. +)

* I was banned, unbanned, and I still can't chat, aka... my name is Visi. What can I do?
Hi Visi! I don't know. =O

Last edited by Sparhawk; 07-30-2010 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
Sparhawk
Knight

[VI] - Forums

Well, not sure if this really needs much of an intro since... I guess most people reading this already have discovered the forums. =T

In any case, I guess the best advice I can give is to just enjoy the forums. It contains a wealth of knowledge, so you should always use the search feature on the navigation bar to see if a question you have has already been answered in a previous thread. It's a good way to save yourself and others time from having to answer something all over again.

Also, pay attention to the rules and regulations created by dist once more, as many that apply to the chat, also apply here on the forums. As well as some that are exclusive to the forums.
http://www.ninjamanager.net/announcement.php?f=2

If you have a question that you didn't find answered through the search feature, post the question in the appropriate forum, and wait patiently for an answer.

Finally, the note I made about Minaro; while yes, he's not as likely to be seen on the chat, the drawback is that he's all over the forums. And yes, he's like the evil twin of Aenonar when it comes to the forums. Post something bad or inappropriate, and he will be all over you within 24 hours guaranteed with a verbal barrage, possible ban, and an ever watchful eye from then on. To put it simply, follow the rules, avoid Minaro's dark side, and all will be well!

Last edited by Sparhawk; 09-28-2009 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:07 AM   #8
Sparhawk
Knight

[VII] - How to hunt Legendary Weapons.

Legendary weapons come in all shapes, abilities, and sizes; well... you're allowed to imagine that as long as you're okay with the icon always being a sword. The stronger the weapon, the harder it will be to complete the mission, and the least likely it is to drop. Most enemies on the world map have a chance of dropping one specific legendary item. While all legendary weapons can be obtained the first time without any item find on your team, subsequent attempts to obtain the item will generally require a specific amount of item find while also being less likely to drop. Obtaining two of the same item is not possible, and if you happen to luck out and get the item again, it will be given to you as ryo instead.

Generally, the easiest way to gather enough item find to have a chance at most item drops on Beginner is to field the konohamaru trio (konohamaru, moegi, udon) for their combo bonus of 360 item find, along with two strong jounins, kage, and summon. Make sure they are placed first in the lineup, as to get the full item find bonus you will need them to participate in combat.

Please note that there are some missions that only offer an item drop the first time you complete it. If you don't get it by luck the first time, you will not be able to get it until your next playthrough.

Please refer to this comprehensive guide created by Reversal, currently maintained by dist and Aenonar.
http://www.ninjamanager.net/showthread.php?t=487

Last edited by Sparhawk; 07-30-2010 at 02:05 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
Sparhawk
Knight

[VIII] - How to gather ryo quickly.

Ryo is ninjamanager's form of currency. While the quickest way is definitely to buy premium, for those who can't afford that method, a plan should be developed to focus on the most efficient way to gather ryo at different stages in the game.

In general, going for an early mech bird summon by completing Wind Country first is the most efficient way, and provides some of the best mid to late game benefits which is why it's generally classified as the best early game support summon. While you generally won't see positive effects coming from the mech bird right away, it's value will be unmatched once you are able to level it a good amount.

Please refer to this comprehensive guide created and maintained by Bahamut.
http://www.ninjamanager.net/showthread.php?t=1093

One important thing to note is that unless your fielding enough ryo gain to hit the next tier of payout, it's generally useless to field extra ninjas who give maybe 10% ryo gain if you can get the same payout at a reduced percentage. This is a common mistake I see teams doing.

* I'm currently a red/purple fox and am saving for Chakra+, or Autoaccept before I restart, what's the quickest way?

First, see how much all your ninjas/skills sell for. If you're planning on restarting, you can sell all your ninjas including your forbidden one. You will get it back after the reset. Please note that this does not apply to Legendary Weapons, you will actually have to keep the one you want to carry over with you. Any other ones can be sold since you can only bring one with you.

If after calculating your total ryo, you are short only 1-2k, it might be best just to save as you have been until you have enough. If you don't have a mech bird, you could just try fielding the konohamaru trio along with their 200 skill to gain extra ryo on wins/losses. If you need more than 3k, my best suggestion is to focus on obtaining 88% ryo gain through a mix of ninjas/items/mech bird. If you obtained mech bird early as suggested, this won't be too big of a deal, but for those without, leveling a mech bird summon even late still provides a good boost especially if you're short over 3000 ryo. Please note that this usually requires the inventory+ team upgrade as you might not have enough space available to field all the ninjas.

Personally, the lineup I would recommend for achieving the 88% is a lvl 11 mech bird, with Iruka, Ebisu, and Konohamaru. Placing them in the genin slots ensures that they will all participate in battle, and give you a strong chance of winning battles by having your jounins/kage available to fight. If you're able to level up the mech bird to 14, you can replace the konohamaru with one of your main genins for even more fighting strength.

Last edited by Sparhawk; 09-28-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:32 AM   #10
Sparhawk
Knight

[IX] - Miscellaneous Tips

* Plan your team well in advance. Make sure that your end game team uses at most 130 chakra, if it uses way less, then usually you can make it better by swapping out certain ninjas for stronger ones.

* Accept ALL incoming challenges, win or lose. You gain valuable xp and more importantly, ryo! There's no benefit to having a high win/loss ratio except for boosting your own ego at the loss of having a really bad "accept icon" which will hurt you down the road by people "skipping" over you.

* To unlock haku as a recruitable genin for your main team, you must NOT save him with your naruto team at the end of water country.

* If possible, always buy your end game ninjas and summon first before wasting money on skills. The earlier you get them, the more time you have to level them. You can always buy the skills later.

* There's a benefit to getting different forms of the same ninja, and that's begin able to share abilities by moving it to the one that needs it more. This lets you focus your ryo on other things that might be more important, like getting a new ninja or halving a ninja.

* While combos are great early on for going through the first few countries, they are not as important as getting stronger ninjas for the end game.

* If a user named KaiKai gives you advice on the chat, don't listen to him.

Last edited by Sparhawk; 09-28-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:04 AM   #11
L3Th4L
Asshole

Iam famous.. :D Ok to the topic ... From the looks of it this guide is going to be great! :].. And i liked the thread name "Newbee Survival Guide!" Hehe.. Good luck with it. :)
P.s. To anyone who dont know what TBfilled means . TBfilled = To Be filled.. :)
L3Th4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #12
Minaro
Semi-retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparhawk View Post
For your convenience, I will list them in order of evilness:

Minaro [SuperMod] (Lucky for many, he is not often seen patrolling the chat)
Am I really that evil? You could change that to "is almost never seen patrolling the chat" :P

Weinmers Landing, currently Impossible
Minaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:36 PM   #13
Ahlvin
2nd Most Posts!

Quote:
[IV] - Chatango

* I was banned, unbanned, and I still can't chat, aka... my name is Visi. What can I do?
Hi Visi! I don't know. =O

Looool, XD :' D
Old 09-26-2009, 02:37 PM   #14
dist
Mr. Low Tai

Quote:
dist [SuperMod] (Firm but fair, like a banhammer)
A banhammer of all things?! And Minaro being more evil than me just feels, i dunno. Weird. Isn't handing the work to others kinda evil in its way? :D

Last edited by dist; 09-26-2009 at 02:42 PM.
dist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #15
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Rofl ^^ Is it really that evil to eat people? ;>

*creeps back into the chat*
Be afraid.. Be very afraid.. ;o

Rawr. Me smash you die.

Last edited by Aenonar; 09-27-2009 at 09:34 AM.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:31 AM   #16
L3Th4L
Asshole

dist [SuperMod] (Firm and fair but more importantly... LAZY, ranked higher after claiming evil intentions) Lollll :DD "Ranked higher after claiming evil intentions" Lollllll.. :D
L3Th4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:25 PM   #17
Baruch Spinoza

seems to be a hit with most the mods already! (I think they just like the attention). good news is I guess since I figured out most of that on my own I'm not a newbie anymore... thanks though, this will be very useful to anyone that reads it.

Last edited by Baruch Spinoza; 09-28-2009 at 11:19 AM.
Baruch Spinoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:42 PM   #18
Minaro
Semi-retired

Quote:
Finally, the note I made about Minaro; while yes, he's not as likely to be seen on the chat, the drawback is that he's all over the forums. And yes, he's like the evil twin of Aenonar when it comes to the forums. Post something bad or inappropriate, and he will be all over you within 24 hours guaranteed with a verbal barrage, possible ban, and an ever watchful eye from then on. To put it simply, follow the rules, avoid Minaro's dark side, and all will be well!
I lol'd :D It's all good though, hopefully while conveying an actually rather true message, it'll discourage any newbies from breaking the rules, or not reading them in the first place.. Makes my job so much easier *Taps fingertips against each other*

Weinmers Landing, currently Impossible
Minaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #19
KaiKai
El Gordo
Chat Mod

very nice guide

"Think 2 ways before talking."
KaiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:07 PM   #20
Melanor
Serious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minaro View Post
I lol'd :D It's all good though, hopefully while conveying an actually rather true message, it'll discourage any newbies from breaking the rules, or not reading them in the first place.. Makes my job so much easier *Taps fingertips against each other*
I doubt that those breaking the rules and those reading this guide will actually be the same...the ladder are the ones that care while the former usually don't. Face it Minaro, you will never get your day off :P

Melanor is offline   Reply With Quote