NinjaManager Forums
Old 03-13-2016, 02:51 PM   #401
udon
Catpain
Admin

Tuff: Oops, I was a bit unclear, I meant the NM story of Battle Arena (which is changing to Forest of Death) :D

Xakor: Yeah I think adding the "Old Blood Kabuto" (which was a theory regarding his getting-serious-red-eye) could be a nice unlockable for that area. Kabuto is somewhat of a semi-villain in the new story too, so fits well.

Hm, maybe I can move the Shigure team here, I originally had them as a village mission for their village. Hmm, I'll have to think about who I want to add so it's not too "illogical" fighting your starting teacher etc. But maybe it's a bit whatever.

All areas have a new set of missions/enemies, so the amount doesn't matter.

Xero: Since the pictures are a lot bigger now, fanart would make them stand out too much IMO.

Currently working on the Battle Log, so you for example can double check how your stamina affected your penalty during the battle.

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 05:22 PM   #402
TuffHunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
Tuff: Oops, I was a bit unclear, I meant the NM story of Battle Arena (which is changing to Forest of Death) :D

Hm, maybe I can move the Shigure team here, I originally had them as a village mission for their village. Hmm, I'll have to think about who I want to add so it's not too "illogical" fighting your starting teacher etc. But maybe it's a bit whatever.
Well fighting your teacher wouldn't be illogical... If the teams chose to open their scrolls it would summon an instructor who would knock them out and disqualify them. So had Naruto opened his scroll, he would have been faced with Iruka.

So you COULD give us an option, open the scroll for a difficult fight with rewards or not open the scroll for an easy fight?

Edit: Love the battle log feature where we can see things such as Stamina effect. Awesome.

Last edited by TuffHunter; 03-14-2016 at 06:18 PM.
TuffHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 08:55 PM   #403
XaK0R
KURO Representative

And then Iruka would have gotten his ass handed to him by Sasuke, for being the weak ninja he is :)

Train ninjas and save the world from evil on Classic.NinjaManager.com!
XaK0R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 11:52 PM   #404
killik99
the Spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
So I thought of an idea with the Bukijutsu attribute I wanted to add.

Let me know what you think.

Code:
	bukijutsu (which means proficiency in weapons, tools etc)
		* 3rd main damage attribute (tai, nin, buki)
		* usable attribute
			- example ninja has 100 buki
			- 30% of max used each turn
			- 1st turn: 30 buki = +30 atk, 70 buki left
			- 2nd turn: 30 buki = +30 atk, 40 buki left
			- until no left
		* each ninja has a Buki bar in battle, like health bar, displaying how much buki left.
		* not affected by immunities
		* can have additional attributes like
			- Buki Recovery (collecting back buki used after turns)
			- Buki Efficiency (chance of only using enough buki to win the turn, if possible)
				- for example you hit 500 dmg (100 being buki) vs opponent's 350 dmg). you dont need to spend 100 buki.
			- Buki Boost (instead of only using 30%, use more! kind of like Critical Damage)
		* makes a bit more sense adding this stat than adding tai/nin to obvious weapon-like items (mainly LWs)

Buki seems really intressting atleast the machanical side of it the same sounds kind of dreadfull I think Kenjutsu would sound better and more people know what it means to avoid confusion.

Also what about a new stat for later difficulities called kinjutsu? it could replace level 5 death or become a completely new thing
Old 03-20-2016, 10:20 AM   #405
udon
Catpain
Admin

kilik: It's a bit of a problem that "Bukijutsu" is a word not really used in the series (http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Bukijutsu) so players might not understand what it is. Kenjutsu is only swords, so it's not super accurate. I'm however using icons for the attributes in many places, it's a shuriken for bukijutsu for example.

I have added a new "shop" which sells special ninjas. So if you for example have received a limited/special ninja from an event or something, you can re-buy it for regular gold if you restart your team.

It's really fun planning new areas since there's soooo much material now. I've watched pretty much all movies, and I'm watching through Shippuden in 3x speed now, trying to catch stuff I've missed, and get some good screenshots :)

Old 03-20-2016, 01:24 PM   #406
udon
Catpain
Admin

Here's a sasuke gif I made from the movie "shippuuden: last movie".

Spoiler:

For anyone who want to try on their own, what I do is...

Code:
* Watch the movie with VLC, check for potential "looping animations". Write down time.
- there's an easier way to import VLC animations into photoshop, but since I have an older PS or smth, I need to do below...

* KMPlayer
	- ctrl+g
		- continously option, each frame, start/stop during the animation interval

* Photoshop CS5
	- file
		- scripts
			- load files into stack
	- animation window
		- make frames from layers

(to use filters)
		- select all frames
		- convert to timeline animation
		- select layers
		- filter
			- convert for smart filters
		- maybe lower smarp sharpness for lower dimensions

(to use brightness etc)
		- click yinyang-ish symbol (adjustments)
		- levels for contrast/black

Old 03-22-2016, 12:59 AM   #407
kuuya03

made a gif
Spoiler:

from HERE

orochimaru

nidaimenidaime 1
nidaime 2

Last edited by kuuya03; 03-22-2016 at 12:34 PM.
kuuya03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 02:47 PM   #408
teamreaper

Finally on another break from school and testing soo am back here again. Read through pretty much all of the new posts and, personally, i like the idea of bukijutsu b/c it makes sense to use it since different ninjas have shown different levels of proficiency on the ability. I do have to say that I agree with the person who suggested senjutsu as an alternative to bukijutsu for 2 major reasons:
1) That everyone is right in saying that it has technically never been referred as such in the anime (though can always be used in the beta with a "vote" option)
2) If we are talking about a move to avoid the "absorb/immunity" system that we have, I think senjutsu would actually fit well b/c that's how naruto bypassed pain's move (senjutsu + frog art combat or something?) and that's how naruto + X helped bypass someone else later in the manga - i am not sure how far the anime is atm and i don't want to spoil.
I have to say I like the current balance in nm where post medium, hybrid is the fastest, assuming ls nin isn't ridiculously lucky, despite what some may say, and I don't want that balance to be messed up. It doesn't matter as much on Beta but ahem just don't boost nin too much, even if buki/sen are affected by bukijutsu.

AT/Pain's assault:
I'd use different pains or maybe no pain with pain attacking as "Justice"? A bit different from the anime but quite the amount is different. Or maybe pain being more of a puppet and not realizing that the true power of the crystals (if crystals) is gone and he's attacking with the intention of getting the crystals (equivalent of bijuus) back from the village of the starter.

Kage Summit:
If taka w/sasuke are there,
I'd put taka (w/o sasuke) before or after the kage's bodyguards but before kages. (taka and body guards would have similar themes: we won't let u interfere; could be comedic interaction or serious). Last of kages would be danzou imo and then after Danzou, it would be sasuke if he's here and maybe he's mad that u killed danzou or maybe he doesn't really care but the main character just randomly assumes sasuke wants to fight and says "Oh great someone else who randomly wants to fight" while sasuke is tryign to say "uh no" but main character doesn't listen.

I can't make moving pics and can't learn till maybe the summer cause school but if i have a list of characters who needs pics, i can find some good ones.

Finally @Udon email check again pls :)
teamreaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:38 PM   #409
sahedwy

Anyone knows when such changes will take place?
sahedwy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:32 AM   #410
udon
Catpain
Admin

kuuya: Thanks for the pics :) But those animations you made are way too over-saturated. I mean the colors are just "screaming" and it will look weird when all other pics are regular color strength. The orochimaru and the one with itachi are better in this regard (tho I try to stay away from moving mouth-gifs :P). The itachi one is especially cool, I'm gonna see what I can do with it as it's currently 750kb.

Anyway I'm plowing through some shippuudens and the movies and have noted down a lot of possible animations for future use, but keep them suggestions coming!

reaper: The balance will surely be messed up for now, but that's what the testing is for. And with the battle log you can see if you find stuff that's just wrong too (bugs etc). I've implemented bukijutsu and it looks fine, so we'll go with that for now. Maybe senjutsu could be something we look at later.

There will be no "Pains assault", they'll keep some kind of Akatsuki Temple that you infilitrate (I've however changed it from the purple thingy) to some underground temple I found in a movie.

For the Kage summit it's currently planned to be like 10+ missions vs each village's kage + bodyguard (except your own village which will have vs a another somewhat made-up village which is a surprise :). I think the current Karakura Castle story is that your own village gets greedy and wants to backstab the other villages and send you to steal the crystal anonymously kind of, so we'll roll with that. There'll be another opportunity in the story for taka to make an appearance!

Old 04-02-2016, 09:54 AM   #411
udon
Catpain
Admin

It's actually getting close to testing now!

There's so many villages now that I probably have to skip all the dialogue and stuff for the testing, and maybe just start out with a few of them because I haven't started with cards yet. But there will be 8 starting villages (north leaf, south leaf, sand, sound, mist, rain, cloud, stone) and between 3-5 unlockable villages (where one might take... uh... "Impossible mode" completion to unlock or something so see you in a few years in that village? :)

So right now I'm debating how much of the "non-necessary" stuff to fix before beginning test, because starting the testing will take some focus off of the development for me because I need to fix with servers and read feedback and all that stuff.

And also how much of the story I should add before testing, right now nothing is really added, but pretty much everything is "planned out". So maybe it's better to add at least some of it so it's just not the arena.

I also think that when I do begin testing and people can play, it'll be easier to feel like you want to contribute so I might just make a few cards and have a lot of placeholder pictures for other ninjas so people can help make some pics?

Old 04-02-2016, 01:21 PM   #412
udon
Catpain
Admin

Does anyone happen to know which episode the ninjas I used for "The Legendary Trio" come from? The intro ninjas to hidden sand village in NM.

Old 04-02-2016, 03:42 PM   #413
udon
Catpain
Admin

Or in general for the intro missions, I'll be looking for random filler "dumb looking" ninjas representing each village :P They were disguised as real ninjas/kage anyway, and better to save real ninjas for real mission ;)

I'm rewatching shippuuden with 3x speed while working, taking screencaps of useful stuff. But there's like 500 shippuudens (gone through 100) and 200 vanilla naruto to plow through.

Old 04-03-2016, 07:11 AM   #414
lukasoln
Touch Me If U Can

nice udon, you're really up to it :P
Im just a bit afraid that since this NM is quite dead that NM2 will also be low on people :/

Shit happens
lukasoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 01:15 AM   #415
kuuya03

vanilla
start of ep 30 - examiner jounins
ep 34 -7:00 or 11:10 - shigure team members(LQ so nevermind)

Shippuden
Episode 397 start(chuunin exams in sunagakure) - sand genins
398, 6:48, 6:55 - suna genin
399, 2:14 -suna genins
400, 18:00 - shirai and team
402, 3:08 - sand genins

kakashi tax

Last edited by kuuya03; 04-08-2016 at 12:23 AM.
kuuya03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:01 AM   #416
udon
Catpain
Admin

Thanks kuuya, I'll check out those episode. Got all of original + shippuuden ready :)

That might be a good kakashi loop, I'll test it out later!

For the forbidden genins animation, I'm trying to do it with css now instead of gif, so if that works out it'll be much easier to get good looking "fade from young to cool pic" animations for the big pictures without them looking low quality/low colors. So basically, to create a FNG card, we only need 1 young pic + 1 cool pic. And then the code will handle the rest, so no more gif-ing for those.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:50 AM   #417
Baybuz

any example for fn nin ? and when will we play nm2 ?

Baybuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2016, 11:43 PM   #418
sakota

Waiting for the beta tests to start ;) want to see the differences from NM1 to NM2
sakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 02:03 PM   #419
sakota

Any news?
sakota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 02:44 PM   #420
udon
Catpain
Admin

I have pdretty much created all missions for part 1 (original nm story up until kyuubi). Kyuubi has around 2800 hp now on beginner compared to maybe 3500 in nm1. So theres no big gap anymore since there are 4 more areas afterwards. Most area backgroynds are in place, watching shippuuden in 3x speed trying to catch ninjas ive missed and making pictures.... So many pictures to make... Im at episode 322. Other than there being no ninja items abilities or any content to read, its perfectly playable :)

There are tons of new optional bonus areas and secrets to unlock. Gonna be interesting to hear what u think.