NinjaManager Forums
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2013, 08:35 PM   #21
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin
 
Aenonar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superbun View Post
The new offline feature is great for the lower ranks however it is broken for camping teams on higher ranks.

For teams with very high level ninjas, the penalty on the ninja exp is pointless as 25% of zero is still zero. These teams rely on the team exp to gain experience for their ninjas so the ability to challenge teams with high team exp that have long been inactive means that there is no incentive left to challenge currently active teams.

This would mean a lack of challenges for new camping teams. For high end camping teams, this system allows them to gain a further advantage in terms of leveling, for example if Sparhawk were to beat Xagashi he would receive at least 76 exp for every ninja that fights.

I think this feature should only apply to teams on pink, bronze and maybe silver ranks. Teams on Gold and higher should have no trouble finding someone to challenge.
Umm... Challenging online teams gives +25% xp, so there's the incentive to challenge them. And with this system in place you actually have someone about your level to challenge rather than tossing away energy on walkover wins that only give 1 summon xp.

I don't really get your point with high leveled ninjas not getting any xp.. That just means that you're challenging someone with ninjas 10 levels under yours.. Why are you doing that? :| The new system would mean you'd have teams available around your team xp level and thus be able to get xp... So.. eh...?



We talked about only having it on pink-silver or so, but I don't really see how the system would be negative to high leveled teams other than a lack of summon xp. Other than that you should have more targets to gain xp from.
__________________



Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 09:55 PM   #22
Superbun
Yay, Tibbers!
Mini Mod
 
Superbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DEMACIA!!!
Posts: 99
Default

At first glance the system seems great for high level teams, they are able to challenge other teams their level and get good exp.

However this means that other active teams will receive less challenges, and that is exactly the problem I'm trying to point out. Someone who is active could end up receiving less challenges than someone who has quit the game for years, so it's highly unfair to them.

The reason why I'm challenging teams with ninjas 10 level lower than my own is because there really isn't many teams within my level range. Prior to this the teams available to me were around 12k team exp or so. With this new system I can challenge teams like Linna (23k team exp) so my exp gain will pretty much be doubled. Great news for me!

However one thing you should know about high end teams is that most of their exp come from the AE they spend and not the challenges they receive. This new system would allow a top camper like Sparhawk to gain exp at a much faster rate than a weaker camping team can. So this could potentially widen the power gap between the top campers and those just starting to camp.

So basically when viewing this system on an individual team it's great, everyone is getting exp faster. However, due to the reasons I stated above the camping community as a whole could eventually suffer as people may end up quitting.
__________________


Sig made by wahnoob
Superbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:51 PM   #23
Bloodysky
BloodyNight
 
Bloodysky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 591
Default

I don't really know where I stand with this. I'm a big fan of allowing newer teams a chance to catch up to and compete with the existing top teir of campers, but I also wouldn't want to punish the people that have put in the time to create one of these beast camp teams. I don't know what the answer is, but it is definately something to consider (and I definitely don't think we want to further widen the gap between the existing top campers and the rest) so thanks for bringing it up Bun
__________________


Bloodysky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:22 PM   #24
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader
Moderator
 
drag0nf0rce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ecchiverse
Posts: 6,319
Default

sounds abit blunt, but why don't we just get rid of teams that have been in-active for 4+ months?

Personally i like the fact we can challenge offline teams, it helps alot when your time-zone doesn't match with everyone elses and thus when your a high xp (BUT STILL PROGRESSING) you don't recieve challenges and you can only put out a few yourself,
If you are putting a limit onto it it really should be 10K Plus becasue alot of Extreme and Impo teams are hitting 5-6-7K exp and would be unfair for the one time they really need a little boost...well for them not to get it.
Sucks when you only got kyubi left, still need about 5 levels on all ninjas, and yet thanks to the magic of timezone, you can get about 10 challenges per 6 hours -.-
Trust me it sucks xD
__________________
Biting is Excellent, It's like Kissing, Only there's a Winner

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:36 PM   #25
Seglarkungen
What we play is life
 
Seglarkungen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
sounds abit blunt, but why don't we just get rid of teams that have been in-active for 4+ months?

Personally i like the fact we can challenge offline teams, it helps alot when your time-zone doesn't match with everyone elses and thus when your a high xp (BUT STILL PROGRESSING) you don't recieve challenges and you can only put out a few yourself,
If you are putting a limit onto it it really should be 10K Plus becasue alot of Extreme and Impo teams are hitting 5-6-7K exp and would be unfair for the one time they really need a little boost...well for them not to get it.
Sucks when you only got kyubi left, still need about 5 levels on all ninjas, and yet thanks to the magic of timezone, you can get about 10 challenges per 6 hours -.-
Trust me it sucks xD
The solution would be to only show teams that has been on the during the last week if that is possible?

Also I agree with Superbun. I think giving Sparhawk or any other still active top tier camper would pretty much kill all potential of a future camping scene despite all the new camping summons. However only beeing allowed to chall active teams would pretty much solve the problem the same way and exp cap would.
__________________


Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
Seglarkungen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:39 PM   #26
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader
Moderator
 
drag0nf0rce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ecchiverse
Posts: 6,319
Default

Why not put it through as a team upgrade?

Say about 350000 Ryo?

Its useful for higher diffs and now people have got to earn it instead of just getting it :3
__________________
Biting is Excellent, It's like Kissing, Only there's a Winner

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:47 PM   #27
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie
 
dmrmetallica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Midgar, Final Fantasy
Posts: 527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
Stop complaining Kata :p


Also am i the only one thinking that Tonton could use a little boost, i think that the grwoths of Tonton aren't very useful until it reaches a high level and most summons of that category are only about Lv 10-15 (Notice i said MOST). Maybe a small boost oculd head its way? even if it bumps up the Chakra cost?
My alt used Tonton and it was at the time the highest leveled one (Lvl 11) until i sold it today. Even at that lvl i got 22% ryo and exp and 66IF. Honestly the ryo amount wasnt really helpful at all unless you are RF and challenge other RF. Maybe just make it 3ryo, 3exp and 6 IF or 2, 2, 8 im not sure. But i do agree that it could just a little boost on something.
dmrmetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #28
Seglarkungen
What we play is life
 
Seglarkungen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 895
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
Why not put it through as a team upgrade?

Say about 350000 Ryo?

Its useful for higher diffs and now people have got to earn it instead of just getting it :3
ppl quit because they "have to" farm AA and c+. I don't think the game needs more things that needs ryo farm. Also if I'm not misstaken this is a change that is for the low ranked beginner teams mainly. I bet quite a large % quits because there isn't a large enough playerbase atm so that they can reach 30 games within a few minutes.
__________________


Train ninjas and save the world from evil on NinjaManager.com!
Seglarkungen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:07 AM   #29
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie
 
dmrmetallica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Midgar, Final Fantasy
Posts: 527
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seglarkungen View Post
ppl quit because they "have to" farm AA and c+. I don't think the game needs more things that needs ryo farm. Also if I'm not misstaken this is a change that is for the low ranked beginner teams mainly. I bet quite a large % quits because there isn't a large enough playerbase atm so that they can reach 30 games within a few minutes.
Ok then put it this way take his idea and your idea which means:

People can challenge offline teams aslong as they are pink-silver rank (Or 5K experience) and if they want to challenge offline times above those then they would have to get the team upgrade for it. So the upgrade would:

Allow for the fighting of offline teams if you are a higher up rank.

Problem: It still doesnt satisfy the camper team points sense 35K ryo is nothing to them but still i am just thinking here.

Edit: Dragon put 350K .... in that case campers might have some trouble getting that much...... idk
dmrmetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #30
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader
Moderator
 
drag0nf0rce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ecchiverse
Posts: 6,319
Default

woops may of put one too many 0's in it :3
hehehe
I think saving 350k of ryo...well that would make Udon rage quit
__________________
Biting is Excellent, It's like Kissing, Only there's a Winner

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:53 AM   #31
dmrmetallica
WolvesWithPie
 
dmrmetallica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Midgar, Final Fantasy
Posts: 527
Default

haha that makes more sense cause as you can tell from my edit i dont know what would happen if something cost 350K
dmrmetallica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:02 AM   #32
anson
iHerd uLiek
Moderator
 
anson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 501
Default

Bug?: I can see my own team in the offline list
anson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #33
Superbun
Yay, Tibbers!
Mini Mod
 
Superbun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: DEMACIA!!!
Posts: 99
Default

I just received a few challenges from Carlimas and I returned them through the offline list. So his team appeared on both the online and offline list...
__________________


Sig made by wahnoob
Superbun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:38 PM   #34
Yaana
The Spoon Commander
 
Yaana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by udon View Post
Another thing we will be trying is to give players a set of offline teams that they can challenge. These teams will show up below the online teams, and the amount depends on how many online teams were found. If you can't find any online teams in your power range (which is often the case for newly registered players) there will be plenty of offline teams to choose from.

To make things more worth for online teams, both you and the challenged online team will receive about 25% more ninja experience from the match. This should make it worthwhile to browse the online list first, before moving on to the offline teams.
I would really appreciate being able to sort online/offline list so I do not have to view the offline list when I do not need it. That way it can be viewed when needed and hidden when not needed. It can be put, preferrebly, among rest of the things you can chose by clicking the "sort" button. It could be for either everyone or a function you buy?
__________________
Yaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 PM   #35
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin
 
Aenonar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,586
Default

The arena list shows 50 (?) teams all the time now... So if there are 25 teams from your filter you only get 25 offline teams. If there are only 5 teams online then you'll see 45.. So if you can see 49 online teams you'll only see 1 offline team :>
__________________



Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:52 AM   #36
antonyredeemed
"The Tensai"
 
antonyredeemed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 571
Default

this is creepy, now I can challenge my main with alt & vice versa. potential multi accounting problem?
__________________
antonyredeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:43 AM   #37
udon
Catpain
Admin
 
udon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,457
Default

Well, people who want to cheat keep trying to anyway. So if you have dynamic or multiple IP addresses, you are going to find a way. However, nowadays we can see multi-accounts pretty easy by just looking at the users profile and their login logs. And if people continue to report suspicious "recent matches history", it's even easier for us.
__________________

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #38
udon
Catpain
Admin
 
udon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,457
Default

Fixed an issue with sneak attacks where Enemy Nin Immunity was calculated wrong for the opponent. Couldn't find anything wrong with clans or kage battles. Thanks Carlimas for the report.
__________________

udon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:27 AM   #39
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader
Moderator
 
drag0nf0rce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ecchiverse
Posts: 6,319
Default

Didn't really notice anything wrong, ah well its good other people are attentive xD

Its nice to finally see something new happen Udon, Great work bro xD
__________________
Biting is Excellent, It's like Kissing, Only there's a Winner

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 12:24 PM   #40
treachery
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 22
Default

Yeah i really like this change. I like being able to challenge offline teams, at a penalty though, which is good in my opinion.

And i really like the AA change, i remember how boring and time consuming i found farming AA and C+ was and i think alot of people dont want to do it. If this change sticks i think C+ needs to change in some way aswell, maybe raise its price or something like that.
treachery is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:27 AM.