NinjaManager Forums

Old 08-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #21
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

For the magical user... I'll pick Index, she has all the magic so it must count :>

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:15 PM   #22
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenonar View Post
For the magical user... I'll pick Index, she has all the magic so it must count :>

But She actually can only Spell intercept, causing other people's magic to go berserk/Cancel out. She herself states she is incapable of using magic, she just has the knowledge for all of it.

The only time 'she' ever uses spell is when she's in John Pen's defense mode. which only really happens when she's in deep shit. And in this state it's pretty much something else taking over her body to do it.

Either way, Shy will make the choice, I just know he's been pretty strict with this one and felt I would make Index's powers clearer.

"Even if we forget the faces of our friends we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls"

Last edited by shywhitefox; 08-16-2016 at 06:21 PM.
Isaac0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 06:22 PM   #23
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac0 View Post
But She actually can only Spell intercept, causing other people's magic to go berserk/Cancel out. She herself states she is incapable of using magic, she just has the knowledge for all of it.

The only time 'she' ever uses spell is when she's in John Pen's defense mode. which only really happens when she's in deep shit. And in this state it's pretty much something else taking over her body to do it.

Either way, Shy will make the choice, I just know he's been pretty strict with this one and felt I would make Index's powers clearer.
Izzy is right here. My knowledge of A Certain Magical Index is a little hazy, but I remember that much. Sorry Aeno, but she may know the knowledge, but if she is unable tp frequnantly cast any elemental spells like fireballs or lightning of her own accord then it doesn't count.

FORCE Susanoo Slayers (Possible last Impossible mode before NM2! Watch your back, Madara Uchiha!)
I have a big, hungry, and easily pissed off white fox beside me...your argument is invalid.
shywhitefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 09:22 PM   #24
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Uhh, I'm not up to date with the manga, but the wiki lists says she's using magic on several occasions

In episode 6 of To aru majutsu no index she goes into defense mode and Kanzaki question why she's suddenly casting magic , Touma responds "Isn't it obvious? That Index can't use magic was simply the church lie!"

So ehh... She has spells, she's seen casting spells... The only weird question is, is she the one casting the spell or is something else going on that no one has any answer for..?

From the wiki:
Quote:
John's Pen

John's Pen (自動書記 Jidō Shoki (Yohane no Pen)?, lit. "Automatic Secretary") is referenced by Index as her "awakening." Here, her voice becomes machine-like and toneless. Her speech becomes blunt and to the point. It appeared when Index's life was in a dire situation, and seemingly makes her immune to pain. She cannot perform magic at this point, and it seems that it's only purpose is to take over Index's body, when she herself cannot do it, like an Automatic Secretary.

Defense Mode

According to Index, she is incapable of magic, however, when under John's Pen's defense Mode, she is capable of accessing the grimoires in her mind. It is unknown whether or not she was capable of performing magic before losing her memories.

After Touma negated the Collar symbol put inside her mouth that was meant to kill her, the defense mode activated. Her voice retains the machine like characteristic, and her methods in eliminating enemies is machine-like. While in John's Pen Mode, she was capable of using several very powerful spells:
From myanimelist:
Quote:
When she is being invaded by outsiders or injured, her self-protection system personality, Johann's Pen (自動書記〈ヨハネのペン〉Jidou Shoki, "Automatic Writing"), will be activated to allow her to use magic to cast high-class magic attacks such as St. George's Sanctuary (聖ジョージの聖域) and Dragon's Breath (竜王の殺息〈ドラゴンブレス〉, Ryuuou no Satsu Iki, "Killing Breath of the Dragon King"). Her self-protection system will use the Feather of Light (光の羽, Hikari no Hane) to force a reset on Index's own memory should a manual reset fail to be performed. Although she does not know that she has magical powers, she can easily identify the types of magic by seeing it or somebody describing it to her and know how to counter them. Her vast knowledge of the Index-Librorum-Prohibitorum within her mind makes her to be one of the most powerful characters so far and becomes very helpful to her friends in various situations using skills like Spell Intercept (強制詠唱〈スペルインターセプト〉, Kyousei Eishou, "Force Chant"), and Sheol Fear (魔滅の声〈シェオールフィア〉, Mametsu no Koe, "Voice of Destruction of Evil") and makes her a target of interest for many.
So.. IMO she can cast spells, just that she's normally blocked from doing it plus her memories are wiped all the time.. She's even under a spell that makes her wipe her memories after using magic, which would explain why she doesn't know she can even after using it.

Despite all that she can still cast counter spells plus the insanely powerful spells when she's in trouble... Are we going to deny her because the spells she's casting might be something else casting it.. through her..?

And.. Using magic is literally the only thing she can do.. So what is she if not a magic user? :P

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 08-16-2016, 10:32 PM   #25
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

Alright then. Sounds good to me with that evidence.

FORCE Susanoo Slayers (Possible last Impossible mode before NM2! Watch your back, Madara Uchiha!)
I have a big, hungry, and easily pissed off white fox beside me...your argument is invalid.
Old 08-16-2016, 11:05 PM   #26
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Quote:
Uhh, I'm not up to date with the manga, but the wiki lists says she's using magic on several occasions

In episode 6 of To aru majutsu no index she goes into defense mode and Kanzaki question why she's suddenly casting magic , Touma responds "Isn't it obvious? That Index can't use magic was simply the church lie!"

So ehh... She has spells, she's seen casting spells... The only weird question is, is she the one casting the spell or is something else going on that no one has any answer for..?

From the wiki:
From myanimelist:
So.. IMO she can cast spells, just that she's normally blocked from doing it plus her memories are wiped all the time.. She's even under a spell that makes her wipe her memories after using magic, which would explain why she doesn't know she can even after using it.

Despite all that she can still cast counter spells plus the insanely powerful spells when she's in trouble... Are we going to deny her because the spells she's casting might be something else casting it.. through her..?

And.. Using magic is literally the only thing she can do.. So what is she if not a magic user? :P
Even where i am In the Light Novels it's confusing as eff, I don't really care much for Index herself anyways.

John Pen's is literally the only time she casts spells (99% of them being extremely offensive ones), which is why i was curious (the countering doesn't use any 'mana', according to the novels, and is stated to not be a magical ability)

So yea, theres shouldn't be any problems i guess, especially due to the Ambiguity that is John Pen. Sorry for raising an issue.

"Even if we forget the faces of our friends we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls"
Old 08-18-2016, 01:02 PM   #27
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

SPONTANEOUS EVENT!!!

Russian Roulette, Five out of six harem girls agree that its safe and fun.

Sorry there has been a lack of spontaneous events, really feeling weird and tired as off late. Have been considering passing next month onto someone else just to give me a little time to relax. Maybe I should just read a book for a day or *shivers* go outside.

The objective for this one is simple, guys. Simply grab a gun user! Handguns, machine guns, rocket launchers, shotguns, snipers, whatever their allowed...but please, no fictional weapons, ok? Just pick a girl who uses modern weapons and don't try to pick someone who is on some sort of middle ground between fiction and real life weapons.

Last edited by shywhitefox; 08-30-2016 at 02:01 PM.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #28
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Shizuru Nakatsu from Rewrite

Spoiler:

She also uses revolvers and various other real guns. Rarely ever DOESN'T Duel Wield.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:37 PM   #29
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

I'll go with Kinzie Kensington from the Saints Row Games. She has used firearms several times in those games, especially in Saints Row 4

Old 08-18-2016, 11:57 PM   #30
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

I'll claim... Amane Suzuha from Steins;Gate, she has a gun :> Think it was a M1911 or P99 ish...?

Also, Urushibara Ruka Steins;Gate for my half month claim, the female one D:

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:41 AM   #31
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Quote:

Also, Urushibara Ruka Steins;Gate for my half month claim, the female one D:

You claim all versions oh him buddy ;)

Old 08-19-2016, 08:36 AM   #32
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac0 View Post
You claim all versions oh him buddy ;)
Her :>

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:58 AM   #33
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

Right, time to move forwards with the monthly claiming. Since it's healer time, I will go for one of my favourites, that being Asia Argento from High School DxD. Her only ability is to heal, weather it be human, devil, angel or even fallen angels.

Old 08-26-2016, 01:41 AM   #34
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Emma Millstein from The Legend of Heroes: trails of cold Steel.

Support/Healer-type mage, which you'd have to put in a ton of unecessary time and effort to make them an average Damage dealer. when you can just pick the character created for that purpose instead. Her offensive stats are really meh(nearly non existent)/signature spells are Revives/Heals.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:49 AM   #35
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Tricky event ;o Most healers in anime are also insane damage dealers.. And already claimed as well :>

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Old 08-26-2016, 06:45 AM   #36
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Quote:
Tricky event ;o Most healers in anime are also insane damage dealers.. And already claimed as well :>
I know, I've been searching for a while.

Old 08-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #37
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

SPONTANEOUS EVENT!!!

New places are scary when your not with friends...especially when the men around you try to cope a feel

Ok guys, time for another event just in time for the end of the month. The event this time is to summon a friend for one of the girls in your harem that are still adjusting to how their lives now are...after all...being transported away from your friends, family and loved ones is scary by itself, never mind being surround hit on by a single male that already has 100+ girls at his beck and call...or maybe that's just my girls.

Anyway, for the rules. You must choose a girl you have claimed from between now and the beginning of June, then claim a girl from the same series who is a friend, or close ally to this character.

Example: I could choose Hinata, then claim Sakura and she counts just fine since they are in the same village and close friends, but it wont work if I choose Hinata, then claim Tayuya since A: they never met face to face and B: one is a good guy and the others a villain. The only way to bypass this rule is if the two characters know each other extremely well, or perhaps even close friends before they went good or evil.

Good luck my friends, I look forward to see what you all choose.

Old 08-30-2016, 03:52 PM   #38
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by shywhitefox View Post
SPONTANEOUS EVENT!!!

New places are scary when your not with friends...especially when the men around you try to cope a feel

Ok guys, time for another event just in time for the end of the month. The event this time is to summon a friend for one of the girls in your harem that are still adjusting to how their lives now are...after all...being transported away from your friends, family and loved ones is scary by itself, never mind being surround hit on by a single male that already has 100+ girls at his beck and call...or maybe that's just my girls.

Anyway, for the rules. You must choose a girl you have claimed from between now and the beginning of June, then claim a girl from the same series who is a friend, or close ally to this character.

Example: I could choose Hinata, then claim Sakura and she counts just fine since they are in the same village and close friends, but it wont work if I choose Hinata, then claim Tayuya since A: they never met face to face and B: one is a good guy and the others a villain. The only way to bypass this rule is if the two characters know each other extremely well, or perhaps even close friends before they went good or evil.

Good luck my friends, I look forward to see what you all choose.
I claimed Nakatsu Shizuru from Rewrite on the 2nd half.

i'll claim Konohana Lucia from Rewrite for this.

Not only are they close friends, but due to... Special Circumstances. Shizuru is the only person Capable of being Lucia's friend without running the risk of death.

Just add Emma and Lucia to my list of names. This should be the update for the month

Spoiler:

Last edited by Isaac0; 08-30-2016 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 05:42 PM   #39
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

Well since I claimed Bunnie Rabbot all the way back in June, I shall claim her friend and fellow Freedom fight, Sally Acorn, also the leader of said Freedom Fighters in the comics for years now.

Spoiler:

*Grins foxily* Awwwwww, really reminds me back to my childhood watching Sonic SatAM when I was a good, innocent kid...potentially my first introduction to the Sonic series even before the games, before Amy Rose frequently came in the series of games...and before female furry characters were required to wear proper clothes...I think I will blame the furry community for that. *Grins foxily.*

Last edited by shywhitefox; 08-30-2016 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:17 AM   #40
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Friend event... Orizuka Momoko - Kenkou Zenrakei Suieibu Umishou

Friend of Shizuoka Mirei from June :>

And the healer event.........

Caren Ortensia - Fate series.... Because she's a nun and a... healing nurse... D:

Rawr. Me smash you die.