NinjaManager Forums
Old 11-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #15201
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader
Moderator
 
drag0nf0rce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ecchiverse
Posts: 6,319
Default

Cheers yaana xD nice to see you pop up :3

Moon i saw them wheb they first came out xD thanks for letting me re-live it xD We'll Bang, Ok?
__________________
Biting is Excellent, It's like Kissing, Only there's a Winner

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 02:23 PM   #15202
XeroMaano
Vampire
 
XeroMaano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Moon.
Posts: 3,669
Default

@Moon that stuff is ancient.
Ancient, but gold.
__________________
XeroMaano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 09:38 PM   #15203
Yaana
The Spoon Commander
 
Yaana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
Cheers yaana xD nice to see you pop up :3
Yes, I thought it was time to log again, although I chocked when I noticed how much the activity levels had gone down. Also, to see my cards gone (my image account probably got removed as I rarely logged).
__________________
Yaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:38 PM   #15204
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader
Moderator
 
drag0nf0rce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ecchiverse
Posts: 6,319
Default

Thats unfortunate ....
__________________
Biting is Excellent, It's like Kissing, Only there's a Winner

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:46 PM   #15205
Mitoru
Evil Entity
Moderator
 
Mitoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Story Storage
Posts: 2,846
Default

Well some of us are kinda here. ^^
__________________
"Being strong isn't about never falling down, but always getting up.
Mitoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:47 PM   #15206
Yaana
The Spoon Commander
 
Yaana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
Thats unfortunate ....
So, how are you? ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitoru View Post
Well some of us are kinda here. ^^
Mitoru! Life! Hello! ~
__________________
Yaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 11:54 PM   #15207
Abyss
The Demonic Brawler
 
Abyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: looking for the best place to let all hell break loose
Posts: 557
Default

just so you know im alive and not on a killing spree or trying to assassinate anyone
__________________
Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:09 AM   #15208
Mitoru
Evil Entity
Moderator
 
Mitoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Story Storage
Posts: 2,846
Default

I have a fuck ton of work lately. And it's not the fun kind of work that i could invite Abyss for, but my everyday job. You could say I'm having motivation issues since a while.
__________________
"Being strong isn't about never falling down, but always getting up.
Mitoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:49 AM   #15209
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin
 
Aenonar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,586
Default

What's motivation?
__________________



Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:51 AM   #15210
Mitoru
Evil Entity
Moderator
 
Mitoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Story Storage
Posts: 2,846
Default

Exactly.
__________________
"Being strong isn't about never falling down, but always getting up.
Mitoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:59 AM   #15211
MoonTiger
Flying duck of prejustice
 
MoonTiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Hiding in a forest
Posts: 1,811
Default

I dunno, I'm fairly sure I have that motivation thingamajig at home. Never seem to follow me to work, it must be lazy as fuck.
__________________
"Negative. There can be no retreat. No retreat! No stepping back. No stepping forward and no destroying Reaper forces!"
MoonTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #15212
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod
 
shywhitefox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ireland Drogheda
Posts: 1,718
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonTiger View Post
I dunno, I'm fairly sure I have that motivation thingamajig at home. Never seem to follow me to work, it must be lazy as fuck.
Same here. Work is slowly draining my soul away. Boss is annoying, but at least everyone else is ok...I just wish I didn't have to take phone calls...I cant hear for shit on them sometimes.
__________________

FORCE Susanoo Slayers (Possible last Impossible mode before NM2! Watch your back, Madara Uchiha!)
I have a big, hungry, and easily pissed off white fox beside me...your argument is invalid.
shywhitefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #15213
Abyss
The Demonic Brawler
 
Abyss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: looking for the best place to let all hell break loose
Posts: 557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitoru View Post
I have a fuck ton of work lately. And it's not the fun kind of work that i could invite Abyss for, but my everyday job. You could say I'm having motivation issues since a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shywhitefox View Post
Same here. Work is slowly draining my soul away. Boss is annoying, but at least everyone else is ok...I just wish I didn't have to take phone calls...I cant hear for shit on them sometimes.
well at least by the sounds of it your jobs sound slightly better than mine as for the next couple of months at least the main part of my job is picking up wet leaves in all weather conditions
the only reall bright side to this is my shorter hours and it's practically a free work out that im getting payed for
__________________
Abyss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 02:38 PM   #15214
Yaana
The Spoon Commander
 
Yaana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenonar View Post
What's motivation?
Yes.
__________________
Yaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 05:45 PM   #15215
Mitoru
Evil Entity
Moderator
 
Mitoru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Story Storage
Posts: 2,846
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abyss View Post
well at least by the sounds of it your jobs sound slightly better than mine as for the next couple of months at least the main part of my job is picking up wet leaves in all weather conditions
the only reall bright side to this is my shorter hours and it's practically a free work out that im getting payed for
Wow. I have to deal with paint, glues and other toxicies daily. I'd kill for a swap with you.
__________________
"Being strong isn't about never falling down, but always getting up.
Mitoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 08:51 PM   #15216
XeroMaano
Vampire
 
XeroMaano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The Moon.
Posts: 3,669
Default

Sort of a... personal problem in the spoiler, regarding my thoughts on my own motivation and myself as a person, that I'd like some advice for. Avoid if you're not interested.

Spoiler:
While everyone else has a reason to have no motivation, I have nothing.
My motivation is lacking just as much as a reason for it.

Maybe... maybe it's because there's so much I wish to do, that I cannot seem to do anything at all. No matter how much I try to focus on one thing, my attention is always directed to other things.

When I think I've finally found something of interest, I quickly lose sight of it after a short while. I have never been able to grasp something for what it was entirely. I've always done only half of what I was supposed to.

I'm in a somewhat depressive state because of this, as I've been this way for a few years now... I think it's been around for six years.

Everyday, I fear for the inevitable outcome. I'm not sure of what I could do to throw my fears away. I fear that I might fail in the future, that I am not a fit candidate for the society, even though I have the ability to be a great member of it, and it's all because of my unmotivated nature that I feel this way, because I fear being like this will ruin me completely--that I'll become a huge disappointment as there have always been high expectations of me.

I've tried countless times... it's like, I quickly get bored of anything I do. And because of how quickly I get bored of everything, I can never be truly good at anything.

Once, there used to be a little boy who was intrigued by almost everything he saw and was eager to learn as much as he could.

But, I've lost sight of him at one point, I've forgotten the way he used to think, too.

The way I am now, I despise it. I hate my way of living, but I can't change it either. I hate how I must always find a pitiful excuse for my wrongs, yet this nature of mine never fades. It's an endless cycle that I can't break out of.

Have you ever experienced something like this? If you have, how did you manage to break past this "mental barrier"? No one has been able to give me an answer that satisfied me.


EDIT: Oh, it's nice seeing you around, Yaana.
__________________

Last edited by XeroMaano; 11-08-2015 at 09:09 PM.
XeroMaano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:20 PM   #15217
Yaana
The Spoon Commander
 
Yaana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 353
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroMaano View Post
Spoiler:
While everyone else has a reason to have no motivation, I have nothing.
My motivation is lacking just as much as a reason for it.

Maybe... maybe it's because there's so much I wish to do, that I cannot seem to do anything at all. No matter how much I try to focus on one thing, my attention is always directed to other things.

When I think I've finally found something of interest, I quickly lose sight of it after a short while. I have never been able to grasp something for what it was entirely. I've always done only half of what I was supposed to.

I'm in a somewhat depressive state because of this, as I've been this way for a few years now... I think it's been around for six years.

Everyday, I fear for the inevitable outcome. I'm not sure of what I could do to throw my fears away. I fear that I might fail in the future, that I am not a fit candidate for the society, even though I have the ability to be a great member of it, and it's all because of my unmotivated nature that I feel this way, because I fear being like this will ruin me completely--that I'll become a huge disappointment as there have always been high expectations of me.

I've tried countless times... it's like, I quickly get bored of anything I do. And because of how quickly I get bored of everything, I can never be truly good at anything.

Once, there used to be a little boy who was intrigued by almost everything he saw and was eager to learn as much as he could.

But, I've lost sight of him at one point, I've forgotten the way he used to think, too.

The way I am now, I despise it. I hate my way of living, but I can't change it either. I hate how I must always find a pitiful excuse for my wrongs, yet this nature of mine never fades. It's an endless cycle that I can't break out of.

Have you ever experienced something like this? If you have, how did you manage to break past this "mental barrier"? No one has been able to give me an answer that satisfied me.
Spoiler:
I recognize myself a bit in what you describe as a 'lack of motivation'.

I have always been curious about how things and thought school of as fun until challenges stopped and when they came it was too late to motivate me. Today I study at University, doing what's demanded of me but I have times of down when I lack any and all motivation and put things to tomorrow.

I have diverse interests that I have managed to keep over the years. As young it was Chinese and Hong Kong martial arts action movies, then I found manga, anime, practiced martial arts myself, learned Japanese, eventually studied up about computer components during a few weekends to build my own computer. I also have an interest in older cars and music (many different styles).

The thing is with this lack of motivation and restlessness; I get many ideas and pull off only a fraction of them all. What I found important to myself became a forced structure. Part-time work fixed my lack of sleep and weird sleep routines. A white-board became a daily reminder.

As for motivation I found out, over time, that I put more effort in things that other appreciated or applauded me for. Many times I took part in extra projects at University for the social part, to feel part of something adds to motivation, but also the appreciation. Of course it was always things that I personally had interest in for different reasons.

As for life; if I achieve what I want then I will feel pretty much satisfied. However with the sometimes overwhelming feeling of lack of motivation and stress you can not always even do what you set out to. Then it is time to question what you do - is it really what you want to do?

I often feel like I am a person more set out to think of ideas rather than to be the one that realizes them.

You spoke very general about yourself so I am not entirely sure of what exactly in your life concerns you but make sure to express your concerns to someone you know if you have not already - it will feel a lot better.

Then note down what you think will help you, sometimes it is more about actual structure rather than motivation.


Edit: Likewise. :)
__________________
Yaana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 10:35 PM   #15218
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin
 
Aenonar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,586
Default

Spoiler:
Pretty much the same for me although sort of opposite, I'm good at pretty much anything and that's why I lose my motivation.. Nothing really feels like a challenge except temporarily. I love to come up solutions and improve things but once that's done, meh, I figured it out already. I've got tons of projects and ideas going on all the time that could be turned into a proper job, but they pretty much always end up in the bin once I've completed it for personal use either due to other people or because it would require a helluva lot of money to set up. I could easily make a living inventing shit if I could just get someone to manufacture and sell it :| The small scale production I could on my own just wouldn't be enough

Finding a job is pretty much impossible because everyone demands lots of specific education and thus /nope. Can't exactly get that education over several months/years and hope the job is still there... I have a recurring employment at the county museum that I kinda like even though they're weird as hell. They give me a call whenever they're in deep shit and need me, but can never afford to give me a permanent employment. A spot could open up next spring but they'd like me to get a special qualification that no one seem to give, or you need to go through a 6 month to 2-3 year long education even though I already know everything... For a "maybe" job opening... Can't even get a clear answer on any part of it...

Then there's the issue with my location.. I'm pretty locked in on living in this area because there's a massive hassle going somewhere else, got my workshop here, shooting club and my family lives here, it wouldn't be fun to go out shooting without them and I'm not one to make close friends that could replace them etc etc, making moving pretty much not an option. Then there's my back issues that fucks stuff up in general, reducing motivation overall... Had 2 awesome job offers but they were like 4 hours away which would mean I would have to give up pretty much everything.. Ehh, no... Can't do that...

Fuck it.
__________________



Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:34 AM   #15219
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader
Moderator
 
drag0nf0rce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ecchiverse
Posts: 6,319
Default

Getting a little deep here xD
As a spare few of you know i suffer from a real bad lack of motivation xD

i blame working in retail....and depression, but mostly retail xD
__________________
Biting is Excellent, It's like Kissing, Only there's a Winner

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:20 AM   #15220
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin
 
Aenonar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,586
Default

/rant because fuck everything ;o
__________________



Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:29 PM.