NinjaManager Forums
Old 11-09-2015, 01:54 PM   #15221
XeroMaano
Vampire

Thanks for sharing your own thoughts guys.

Regarding what Yaana said:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaana
I often feel like I am a person more set out to think of ideas rather than to be the one that realizes them.
When you put it out like that, I can't help but feel the same way. The problem would be that, even though I'm the person to come up with solutions/ideas, it bores me to just give out those ideas, I want to realize them myself, and I think that's where my systematic denial comes in. Because I want to always do something different other than what I'm doing in said moment.

For this specific case, I have come up with lots of ideas over time for lots of domains, but when I wanted to actually put those ideas into use on my own, I couldn't bring myself to reach the finish line and I just ended up throwing away the idea because I lack something that I can't find enough motivation to learn.

Two interests that managed to persist over time would be League of Legends and IT, which I can get really passionate about, mostly because, if I do come up with ideas for one or the other, I can execute them on spot.

IT itself is a promising future, but I just fear that one day it might bore me just like other activites. League is starting to bore me, too.

Last edited by XeroMaano; 11-09-2015 at 01:57 PM.
XeroMaano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:01 PM   #15222
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Starting and finishing an idea are probably the two hardest things you can do, but ive heard when you finish it all you get a nice sense of accomplishment

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...
drag0nf0rce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:02 PM   #15223
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroMaano View Post
Thanks for sharing your own thoughts guys.

Regarding what Yaana said:
Spoiler:

When you put it out like that, I can't help but feel the same way. The problem would be that, even though I'm the person to come up with solutions/ideas, it bores me to just give out those ideas, I want to realize them myself, and I think that's where my systematic denial comes in. Because I want to always do something different other than what I'm doing in said moment.

For this specific case, I have come up with lots of ideas over time for lots of domains, but when I wanted to actually put those ideas into use on my own, I couldn't bring myself to reach the finish line and I just ended up throwing away the idea because I lack something that I can't find enough motivation to learn.

Two interests that managed to persist over time would be League of Legends and IT, which I can get really passionate about, mostly because, if I do come up with ideas for one or the other, I can execute them on spot.

IT itself is a promising future, but I just fear that one day it might bore me just like other activites. League is starting to bore me, too.
*cough*cuz League is shit.*cough*
Spoiler:
You know, I felt pretty much the same way during highschool. Everything was too easy for me. (literally never learned how to study, i never needed to, was always satisfied with my 90% average). I was bored the hell out with school and just wasn't motivated to do much else, usually kept to myself, really didn't have people I'd consider friends at the time.

Luckily I ended up exposed to manga (which then led to anime) due to an acquaintance (which thinking back on it, I should thank the guy if i ever see him again). I completely lacked motivation in life/school, but i had an interest. This interest kept me going, and built me up. Eventually I got to NM, and joined the BW clan. This may sound weird, but that online chatroom gradually molded this 13(?) year old me, and helped me open up IRL to some people. These people are freaking great, although few, i'd take this kind of quality over quantity any day.

My first year of university in Software Engineering fucking destroyed me. Since i didn't know how to study, I ended up getting rekt when i didn't quite understand something, and my grades went to trashland. I ended up dropping out of the program, as much as I enjoyed some of those classes, I couldn't handle it, I was burning out. I went and spent my 2nd year in Business, thinking it was going to work out. I was bored out of my mind, this lack of motivation essentially wasted 8k$. I got fucked so hard, and did not know what to do out of my life anymore. I reminded myself of how much I had enjoyed the programming classes in Engineering, and wanted to go back to it, however i didn't have the drive or motivation for such a hardcore program, talked to one of my few friends and decided to change insitutions and go into the program he'd been studying in, as it was one that linked to a very innocent and young self that wanted to make video games as a child. I am now currently in the Game Development at Algonquin College.

I've had motivational issues, and they still lurk. However i've been able to somewhat link everything to my one overpowering interest. I won't do something unless it has something to do with this. Video Games and Japanese Culture have been my drive. Work? If I work this day i can probably buy this figure. Class? If I want to make my game, I need to know how. Take the bus to school (2h)? Whatever, I can use this time to read Manga. etc. I absolutely don't want to waste time on things that won't link to these in the long run. And I still can't motivate myself for these. Though only doing things i've managed to motivate myself for (so Vidya/Anime related. Fuck, other than DOTA I really don't play other non-Anime-like games.) has made these past few months INCREDIBLY enjoyable in this new program. I am freaking HAPPY. Idk if this helps in any way Xero, but thought i'd say a few things. PM me if you want to chat more. If you use google hangouts/facebook and want a reliable way to chat with me (cuz timezone/steam) I'll add you.

"Even if we forget the faces of our friends we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls"
Isaac0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:12 PM   #15224
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

In a kinda more upbeat way

My missus borrowed her brother-in-laws laptop, which means i can write again if you all want :3

I see others posting down stuff but not getting much attention, so lets all try to become more active and get this thread back alive xD

EDIT:
Gona errr... wait till she comes home before i do anything like download skype..... she's probably gona bollock me for going on it first anyway -.-, yes that actually WILL happen xD

But yeah if people come online wana chat, it's been a loooong time and i got some really cool ideas that i want to share :3

Sometimes to see the light, you have to jump into the depths of darkness itself...

Last edited by drag0nf0rce; 11-09-2015 at 07:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2015, 07:27 PM   #15225
Aenonar
Stealth Mode
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac0 View Post
Spoiler:

Luckily I ended up exposed to manga (which then led to anime) due to an acquaintance (which thinking back on it, I should thank the guy if i ever see him again). I completely lacked motivation in life/school, but i had an interest. This interest kept me going, and built me up. Eventually I got to NM, and joined the BW clan. This may sound weird, but that online chatroom gradually molded this 13(?) year old me, and helped me open up IRL to some people. These people are freaking great, although few, i'd take this kind of quality over quantity any day.
Spoiler:
I had watched some anime before but my friends in high school got me to really watch anime and I found out that there were a lot of really nice shows out there to watch... Which in retrospect has made me waste so damn much time that I often wonder what I would have done if I hadn't started watching anime ;o

It also led me to 9tails, the prequel to NM which eventually led me to NM and becoming a mod because the chat was a total mess... Being a mod and being exposed to hundreds of thousands people has made me realize that the world is crammed full of fucking idiots and assholes x.x

I was sort of open and friendly before although definitely not a people person, but now I'm way more cynical and far less interested in people...

Rawr. Me smash you die.
Aenonar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:34 PM   #15226
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aenonar View Post
Spoiler:
I had watched some anime before but my friends in high school got me to really watch anime and I found out that there were a lot of really nice shows out there to watch... Which in retrospect has made me waste so damn much time that I often wonder what I would have done if I hadn't started watching anime ;o

It also led me to 9tails, the prequel to NM which eventually led me to NM and becoming a mod because the chat was a total mess... Being a mod and being exposed to hundreds of thousands people has made me realize that the world is crammed full of fucking idiots and assholes x.x

I was sort of open and friendly before although definitely not a people person, but now I'm way more cynical and far less interested in people...
xD You banned so many of them yet i always managed to persist....even with a record amount of bans on my head xD

Old 11-09-2015, 07:55 PM   #15227
shywhitefox
writing dreamer
Mini Mod

*Chuckles* Seems were all having an enlightening conversation, huh?

Spoiler:
I too have felt a similar way in the motivational department. At first, I wasted my early years foolishly thinking I could become a game designer. I had the mind for it, creatifity, but lacked the tech knowhow. Now that I am older, and wiser, I decided I would try to be an author, write my own storys and have them published for all to see. I pray that I will have my first book out sometime at an age were I can appreciate the feedback.

But yeah. motivation can be a real bitch sometimes. Someday you think you have it, but most of the time, every little imperfection of your mood can throw you off completely. "I am tired after hanging out with my friend. Do it tomorrow" "Its the weekend, so anime now, then writing" "Ok lets start this...*Thirty minutes later is on internet after finding new series to watch.* I have felt this way several times, either writing original storys, or even writing fanfics, and lately I have been doing more reading than I have using what I learned from several books and transfer that to a serious project.

I have also suffered from major depression, the most when I post a story chapter on Fanfiction.net and anyone hardly reviews it or gives it a decent praise beyond "Cool chapter. Please do more" I am left absolutely fuming after stupid one liners like that and prefer honest to good insight on my work like what I did right, what I did wrong, and learn from the experience.

I feel for you guys when you talk about this sort of stuff and wish it was much easier to be more motivated about those that were passionate about, but sadly its never as easy as anime makes it seem. *Chuckles*

FORCE Susanoo Slayers (Possible last Impossible mode before NM2! Watch your back, Madara Uchiha!)
I have a big, hungry, and easily pissed off white fox beside me...your argument is invalid.
shywhitefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:15 PM   #15228
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post

But yeah if people come online wana chat, it's been a loooong time and i got some really cool ideas that i want to share :3
Dude if you happen to have a google account/google hangouts, It would be incredibly easy for me to keep in touch/chat. I really really hate skype, and it's even worse on my phone -_-, but i'm nearly always checking google hangouts.

This goes for anyone on here really, could even make a group a-la skype if we have enough people with accounts.

"Even if we forget the faces of our friends we will never forget the bonds that were carved into our souls"
Old 11-09-2015, 08:35 PM   #15229
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Whats google hangouts??

Old 11-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #15230
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drag0nf0rce View Post
Whats google hangouts??
https://hangouts.google.com/

I guess google's failed attempt at facebook?

The only good thing about it is the instant messaging system, easily my favorite one.

All you need is a google account (gmail, youtube, etc)

Old 11-09-2015, 09:13 PM   #15231
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Ill check it out in a min or so xD

Old 11-10-2015, 06:27 AM   #15232
Abyss
The Demonic Brawler

Location: looking for the best place to let all hell break loose

well if it helps i've already got a google account and plus just wanted to get my name up as i'ts already been like a page and a half since my last post
Old 11-10-2015, 11:47 AM   #15233
XeroMaano
Vampire

It's nice hearing those little stories from all you about how you dealt with your unmotivated nature, or how you compromised in one way or another.

And... sure, we can use hangouts or whatever you want. Google is azen1313

Last edited by Aenonar; 11-10-2015 at 01:56 PM. Reason: spam bots scan the web for email adresses, edited out to reduce the likelyhood...
Old 11-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #15234
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Tch i give the laptop ti the missus for 5 minutes.... 5 MINUTES and shes bust it >.<

Old 11-13-2015, 05:53 PM   #15235
XeroMaano
Vampire

Errm
Hello?
I thought Cloud was limited to the "Playstation" side of gaming.
But then again... Limits are meant to be broken!

LIMIT
|█████|
Limit Level 5 OMNISLASH

I want that 3DS ;-; I think I'll be grabbing one this Christmas.

Last edited by XeroMaano; 11-13-2015 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:59 AM   #15236
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroMaano View Post

Errm
Hello?
I thought Cloud was limited to the "Playstation" side of gaming.
But then again... Limits are meant to be broken!

LIMIT
|█████|
Limit Level 5 OMNISLASH

I want that 3DS ;-; I think I'll be grabbing one this Christmas.
might as well get the new 3DS

better joystick. (which is hella important for smash)

Old 11-14-2015, 10:00 AM   #15237
Mitoru
Evil Entity

Get ready to rage at Mario and Sonic mains tho, bruh.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:35 PM   #15238
Isaac0
FORCE's Advisor

http://store.steampowered.com/app/324160/

It's finally coming!

Old 11-19-2015, 06:00 PM   #15239
MoonTiger
Flying duck of prejustice

So the topic is still Steam.. maybe some of you have played the previous games of this series, or even this one on consoles.. is it worth its price?

http://store.steampowered.com/app/410850/
Old 11-19-2015, 06:27 PM   #15240
drag0nf0rce
Force Leader

Right back on the old laptop....but with a new charger xD
Things i have to do to come here